ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #1
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250, Kawasaki 650

Any experience with Icon leather overlord?

I'm buying the basic Icon leather overlord jacket for my daily commute to work. I've tried them on and really like the looks of them and fit. Im deciding between the all black stealth one and the mostly black one that has white on the jacket.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this jacket and if you had the black/white one did the arms ever get dirty or was t hard to keep clean?
I like the black one with white arms but I don't want to get it if it'll get dingy/dirty and hard to clean/

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/i...leather-jacket
2fidyswag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 27th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #2
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
I've tried this jacket on, it was the all black version. The leather is of good quality, and plenty thick, but the padding felt a little flimsy compared to my (more expensive) a*s jacket.

I'd also consider an AGV sport jacket. I have the willow leather jacket, and for the price it's a great jacket.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #3
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I have that jacket in the white. It's held up great for the past couple of seasons. The leather cleans easily. Just purchase a good leather cleaner/conditioner and be diligent in keeping it clean. Usually the shoulder areas get the most dirty from all the bugs hitting so I think having the white on the arms won't be so bad.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #4
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Can't speak to their leather products. I bought an ICON backpack a couple of years back. It has proceeded to come apart at the seams (literally). Tried stopping by the company's headquarters where I live with backpack in had to see if they would be willing to do anything for me. They don't let anyone come in to their office unannounced. I haven't tried calling them. Not confident of getting anything resolved after two years. Which is fine, as far as it goes.

Again, their leather stuff may be fantastic, for all I know. I have owned a Scorpion leather jacket for over three years. I love it! Very durable. Good quality leather. Lot's of high end (SAS TEC) armor. Quite reasonably priced.

Hope this helps.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #5
bkh2
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2006 GSXR 750; 1983 CB750SC

I have the white variant of this jacket and I really like the fit. It also looks very good in my opinion. The area that touches the gas tank gets scuffed, and the shoulder areas get blackened, but that's because I wear a backpack sometimes. It is easily removed by wiping it with a damp cloth, and like Anson said, using good leather cleaner and conditioner will keep it in good condition.
bkh2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #6
2fidyswag
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250, Kawasaki 650

I ended up going with the stealth color ( all blacked out one ) I only was leaning towards the black w/ white icon logo and arms version because I felt bad buying a jacket that's all black because of visibility. But I really don't think there's much of a difference between the black version and stealth version as far as visibility goes. I already have a white bike and a white helmet. So I don't think having the icon logo in white would make me any more seen.

Nice to know leather is cleaned easily though. A guy at cycle gear told me I could wash this leather jacket in the wash.. is he right? I feel like that could damage the leather.
2fidyswag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I'm going to say no to throwing it in the wash but read the care instructions on the inside tag. If in doubt, bring it to a reputable leather cleaner.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #8
TwoSixSided
ninjette.org member

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

I wouldn't wash it. I've only rode in the rain less then 5 times and both my sleeves are almost completely white. I don't know if I can take it back to cyclegear i've probably had it for almost a year.
TwoSixSided is offline   Reply With Quote