ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Dave313
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250

First Ride to Work and First Group Ride

Last Friday I convinced a few of my coworkers to ride in and then ride to lunch. (Which is now going to be a weekly thing)

The ride in was absolutely awesome, totally uneventful but awesome none the less. I got in earlier than usual due to not having to drop the daughter off at daycare and traffic being light too. No one tried to kill me and it just gave me a good feeling knowing that I riding to work.

The lunch time ride was fun as well. I felt a kind of bond to these guys even though we're just work friends and dont see each other at all outside of the M-F grind. We all stuck together on the way there but on the way back we got a little split up as a couple of the guys wanted to get on the throttle pretty heavily.

The only thing that bothered me about the ride was that 2 of the other 3 riders wanted to ride side-by-side which I was not comfortable with. I "rode my ride" so to speak and I quickly dropped back when one of them pulled up next to me to regain a staggered position. It didnt happen again, so I think he understood that I didnt want him there, but...is staggered the norm as thaught in MSF or side-by-side?
Dave313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Reyno2ac
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 650r

Staggered seems to be the norm from what I've seen. The few times I've been with another bike on the street we've ridden in a staggered form.
Reyno2ac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Lane sharing is illegal in De. All I know
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #4
drowe531
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250 (sold); 2008 Plasma Blue Ninja 250

I don't think I would ever want to ride side by side. Doing that takes away one escape route should you need it.
drowe531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

So I was riding on tuesday and this older couple asked me where a gas station was... I told them to follow me because I was gonna go by the nearest one. After getting going I noticed the people were in the lane next to mine but further back and when we stopped at a light the bike parked behind me to wait for the luight to turn. When the light turn I took off breifly and the next thing I knew the sport bike and a Harley blew right past me... Now if that couple wasn't trying to follow I would've gone ahead with em, but I felt bad for the couple... The sport bike came pretty close to me both passed me in my lane.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #6
Fijilight08
ninjette.org member

Name: Gabe

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Usually when we go out with 6+ bikes it's staggered all the way.
Fijilight08 is offline   Reply With Quote