ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old July 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #1
websniper
New rider

Name: Jarrod

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250

Any do DIY DRL's on their mirrors?

I'm thinking about adding some kind of running light to my mirrors to increase my oncoming profile. Has any one done this? If so, PICS! And, what lights did you find/use?
websniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #2
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Jarrod - I did it on my new gen - but they're signals only the way I have them. I found little arrow LED's at my local shop and picked them up since the price was right - I plan to put a DIY in the wiki sometime in the next week, so I'll link to it when I do

Old July 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #3
websniper
New rider

Yeah, definitly post up when you can. I might just have to give it a go myself, just huntin' for ideas.

Old August 6th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #4
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

i want to see also!!
any good at halo websniper?

Old August 6th, 2009, 09:08 PM   #5
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

I know some people around here put on gixxer(I think) mirrors on there new gens which have turn/signals that could be wired as running lights
Posted via Mobile Device
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #6
noche_caliente

I promise to have it up before next wednesday - finally got the last bit I needed to relocate things last night

Old August 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM   #7
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

i can't wait to do start doin some mods, but im still learning to keep both wheels, and only the wheels, on the ground...

Old August 7th, 2009, 06:56 AM   #8
websniper
New rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
i want to see also!!
any good at halo websniper?
Meh, I'm OK.....could be better...... Unfortunately, I have a job and stuff, so I don't play as often as I'd like!

Old August 7th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #9
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by websniper View Post
Meh, I'm OK.....could be better...... Unfortunately, I have a job and stuff, so I don't play as often as I'd like!
Yea i know that feeling, I havent played in quite some time either, between school, work, family, internship.. but its better off this way, i had an unhealthy addiction haha

Old August 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #10
noche_caliente

Jarrod, sorry for the delay, but here they are: http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Mirror-...d_turn_signals

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #11
websniper
New rider

Looks good. That's pretty much what I'm looking to do, but more for visibility/running light purposes. Can I get some pics with them on?

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #12
websniper
New rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
i can't wait to do start doin some mods, but im still learning to keep both wheels, and only the wheels, on the ground...
I hear you on that. Most of the things I've done have have been to increase visibility and such. I've added a louder horn to mine (FIAMM freeway blaster) and changed out the clear lenses in the rear pods with amber(I think it's much more noticeable than the red turn signal lenses next to red brake lights), and replace the sh!tty LP not-quite-flush-mounts with KIA flush mounts(which are awesome).

Old August 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #13
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I hear you on that. Most of the things I've done have have been to increase visibility and such. I've added a louder horn to mine (FIAMM freeway blaster) and changed out the clear lenses in the rear pods with amber(I think it's much more noticeable than the red turn signal lenses next to red brake lights), and replace the sh!tty LP not-quite-flush-mounts with KIA flush mounts(which are awesome).
I'll prob start with flush mounts (ill check out the KIA ones), still want to get some rim tape tho but ive barely had time to ride the bike lately...
summer internship + rain everday + allergies = sleep whenever possible

Old August 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #14
websniper
New rider

I don't think that KIA does flushmounts for the new gen(i've got a pre-gen). I would check out the Proton flush mounts, they look sweet. I think they have them at Newenough.com

I've been eyeballing some rim tape as well, I like the black reflective stuff....

Last futzed with by websniper; August 14th, 2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Addition

Old August 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #15
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I don't think that KIA does flushmounts for the new gen(i've got a pre-gen). I would check out the Proton flush mounts, they look sweet. I think they have them at Newenough.com

I've been eyeballing some rim tape as well, I like the black reflective stuff....
k cool thanks for the heads up

rim tape looks pretty sick if you find the same color as your bike or a nice offset color