ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM   #1
websniper
New rider

Name: Jarrod

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250

Universal Suction Cup PDA mount...

Anyone try something similar and mount to your windshield or fairing? I'm just wandering if the suction cup would hold on through all the vibration. I'm basically looking for a cheap, no-mod way to slap my blackberry with GPS on the bike for trips.... I guess I could always just get one and try it, after all, it's a work phone...Heh heh heh But, then again, I may catch a lot of flak if it gets road rash....
websniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #2
websniper
New rider

Anyone? Does anyone even look at these section of the forum? I guess our pre-gens just aren't cool enough........

Old September 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Tigress
Musical Genius

Name: Belinda

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R Blue AKA "The Kid" 08 Vulcan 900 Classic Blue(for now) AKA "Honey"

Websniper,

I haven't seen it done on the ninja's but when I used to hang in the Katana forum, a few people mounted their gps unit via suction cup over the tachometer usually. One guy did quite a few hundred miles like that with no problem. He also didn't worry about rain since it was under the windscreen.

I have a portable gps unit with a suction cup on the back that I use every now and again. I got it for cheap cheap, so I plan on giving it a try on the ninjette. If it works well, I'll have a power source hooked up for it.
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The RAM mounts are so cheap and so much more reliable than any suction cup mount, that I'd really consider those first.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #5
websniper
New rider

Yeah, I see there's a couple of solutions in the nextgen farkle section... For as often as I'd use it, a $9.95 ebay mount is just so appealing...

Old September 7th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #6
websniper
New rider

Found this mount. Think I'll give it a try... RAM's mount looks nicer, but they don't have one specifically to fit my 8350i.

Old September 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #7
bobaab
ninjette.org member

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I bought this kit for my car and it has been very nice!

Check out Arkon's line of mounts here: http://www.arkon.com/. They are pretty inexpensive, too.
bobaab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2009, 01:35 AM   #8
emt250
2 Wheel Newb

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The RAM mounts are so cheap and so much more reliable than any suction cup mount, that I'd really consider those first.

I love my ram mount. It works great, and I dont worry at all about my GPS falling off. Not to mention its designed to take a lot of the serious vibrations that motorcycles can put out.

My only gripe is that the u-bolt doesnt fit on my handlebars perfectly flush because of a lack of about ... 2cm of clearance. Its still perfectly secure and doesn't wiggle around -at all-, but the way it looks is a little irritating to me. But I found a solution that i'll be buying once I get everything else I need motorcycle related.

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index...products_id=30

Should fit right in the extra mirror thread near the clutch. And as it seems to be the correct size in mm, no re-tapping should be required.