ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old November 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #1
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

leather suit fitment

I got a really good deal on a new rev'it leather suit today so I picked it up, it is a size 48 euro, I am 5'10 140-145 and thin build

First off this is my first ever leather suit. It is very tight and I realize that is the point, it is suppose to be like a second skin. However I can barely stand up straight(again I know its now meant for standing/walking around in, but for being tucked into a race position)

The main problem(even when sitting on my bike) is it is extremely tight in the groin region, so much so I have man camel toe action going on(it splits my balls and you can see them puffed out from the suit), I kinda have big balls too(no homo). Everything else feels good except the groin region and tightness around my very upper chest, neckish area. The thing is I feel if I went to a size 50, it would be too loosy goosy in the arms and legs area.

With time should this break in so that I can be actually somewhat comfortable on my bike, or is it just too small to begin with or my dimensions are too weird for the suit?
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #2
JeffM
Mr. 988

Motorcycle(s): One

Just kidding. Seems that your suit might be a bit too small. Did you try on the size 50? Also, you could get a larger suit altered to fit if necessary.

Old November 30th, 2010, 09:07 PM   #3
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

I was actually thinking of taking some pics of the fitment haha
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #4
JeffM
Mr. 988

Motorcycle(s): One

Fit is important that is why folks get custom suits made. If the suit is too big and the armor moves around you lose protection. But, if the fit is too incomfortable will you wear the suit much?

You mention that the chest is tight. Will you be wearing a back/chest protector under it? When I bought an off the rack suit I grabbed a back protector and wore it when I tried a few sizes on to make sure there was enought room.

Post some photos. I'm sure you will get some feedback.