ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old April 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #1
krunkfoo
ninjette.org member

Name: krunkfoo

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

Help diagnose: Bike does not start

I am in the process of removing the street parts from the bike . It looks like there is no power going through to ignition.All I can think of is making sure that the wire above the battery( 2 of them one black one white) are connected. I removed the sidestand, but the switch with the wires in it is pushed up( I think its the on position). What am I missing here? I am almost sure that its some other plug that I removed and forgot to plug back in.

Any help will be appreciated.
krunkfoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #2
kkim

http://www.mickeywebpages.com/users/...e_Dia_v1.1.gif
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Postiez
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): Red '08 250

This may sound stupid but the wires under the seat are quite picky about how they lay down. I had power issues for a couple months about a year ago that I just couldn't figure out and finally I cleaned up the wires with some tape and I haven't had any issue whatsoever since doing so.

I would start it with the seat off and adjust those wires to see if having them sit in a different position helps it out.
Postiez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #4
krunkfoo
ninjette.org member

Thanks for the reply. I checked the wires under the seat , and they seemed fine. The problem is that I took off everything and let the bike sit until yesterday, so I am not sure if I pugged all the wires back. I checked the battery, and its seems to have a full charge. When I turn the key to ignition, even the lights dont come on. ( I tested it by connecting the speedometer console back. )

As far as the bike stand goes, there was switch like thing that moves up when you kick up the stand . This is the on position right? Can anyone confirm?

Old April 5th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #5
kkim

which lights? headlights don't come on until the bike is started.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #6
krunkfoo
ninjette.org member

console.... neutral indicator light.