ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 7th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #41
thsadmin
1986 GPZ Ninjette

Name: Jase

Motorcycle(s): 1986 GPZ Ninja

Quote:
If they fade can you not have the touched up?
You can have them touched up or even covered with a new one.

~~~~~

I have 5 Tat's, one on my back, three on my chest and one on my leg, most of my friends don't even know that I have them. I am not one to get naked around my friends .

~~~~~

The one on my back took close to three hours, the out line was fine, but after two hours of outlines and then the shading in between for an hour - it hurts like hell. It hurts when they start to go over or near the fresh outlines that have been freshly done.

I am pretty lucky with my tat's as I have a fine skin and the ink doesn't spread over time - the lines stay thin and don't blend together. I also stay out of the sun and don't expose my tat's to the elements.

I'm thinking about getting more now or completing my tattoo on my back.

Edit : And I never get a tattoo from the wall - I design my own tattoos ... I wouldn't like to see my tat's on someone else.
thsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #42
Scorpielle
ninjette.org member

Name: Elle

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Black Ninja 250R

I have 6 Tattoos now, going to get my "big piece" done next week, with this awesome artist in Toronto, David Glantz, he has his own shop now, Archivetattoo.com.
Anyways, each of my tattoo has always been for a reason; they either signify a time in my life or a state of mind, a reminder of where I've been.
Both ankles, my lower back, my left wrist and the back of my neck. Last May for my 10yr wedding anniversary while in Maui, I got a beautiful Mermaid that starts on the outside of my left calf and wraps to have the tail on the top of my foot, that was my longest sitting, 6 1/2 hrs straight.. and YES let me tell you the top of the foot is THE most painful location LOL But it was worth it.

My latest one , I've wanted it for about 2yrs now, is going to be a Japanese dragon, water and a water lily. This one is going to go from my left hip up my back to my right shoulder blade. The dragon is a reminder to stay strong & be fierce, embrace life. The water is for my mother, an aquarius that I lost to breast cancer on '07, and the water lily is for the feminine side of me.
I'll post pics when I get it started.. for the others you can see my tatt's here:

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/profile/scorpielle1970

This is a pretty cool site with lots of pics!

I LOVE the idea for your tatt, Can't wait to see Pics of the Angel.
Scorpielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #43
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

I have 4 tattoos.. I get a tattoo every year around my birthday.

First one at 18 is my biggest and still my favorite one. Took 6 hours in one sitting and another hour the following week to add lines he had missed. It's a tribal tiger on my back at the top from shoulder blade to shoulder blade leaping at you with the claws out stretched. Still debating on coloring it.

Second one at 19 is my favorite football team... Yeaaaah, and it's not because I'm a huge football buff/fan. It's because every time I think of them or see their symbol they remind me of home. The Houston Texans. It's right below my belly button.

Third one at 20 is when I was newly stationed at my first/current base and experiencing life in the military. It's a 60's pin up girl in Vietnam GI uniform on top of a prop. The Vietnam Era is something that has always interested me and I have the highest respect for all Vietnam Vets. I've met a few and they are.. People I'm happy to have met and talked to in my life. It's the beginning of my half sleeve I'm thinking of getting on my right arm. That took 5 hours with one session.

4th and newest one (I'm 21 woohoo) is on my left side right above my hip. It's a verse from William Blake's "Tyger, Tyger". The poem has a lot of personal meaning to me and describes my life at the moment and all the conflicting emotions I'm having. Innocence brings faith, Experience bring doubt kinda deal. Yeaaah, unless you're a big Blake buff none of this will probably make sense.

Every tattoo represents what my life was at that point of time.. Don't regret any of my tattoos. Not sure the inlaws were too pleased about them when they first met me, but they got over it when we said, "I do."

Okay, I could go on and on about my tattoos but I'll shut up now.
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #44
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

No tats myself, but jewelry. One good thing about piercings is that if you take the piece out, it heals up like it was never there. I got the left nip (is this TMI?) done when I turned 30, and took it out a few years later, "temporarily." Well, that was the end of that. Got it re-done when I turned 40. Want to get the right one done now.

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #45
Strider
Back on the Black!

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (Black)

No tats currently , but I'm thinking of getting a black dragon done on my upper right arm, and a wolf on my left. Both have personal meanings to me...

I have a friend who has PATIENCE tattooed across his chest in gothic lettering , looks very cool, he's gonna help me with my endeavor

@ Scorpielle ... LOVE that left leg!
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #46
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Like the idea of the dragon. Holler at me when your wife wants a sticker.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #47
Strider
Back on the Black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Like the idea of the dragon. Holler at me when your wife wants a sticker.
LOL - PM sent

Old May 7th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #48
Mo1981
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ebony Ninja 250R

Nautical star on my right inner bicep, a sun in between my shoulderblades, and a cross on my left forearm. The sun was a spur-of-the-moment had-a-bad-day kind of thing. Can't say that I regret it but I'm glad that I don't have to look at it as it doesn't really fit me. It is part of a former life. The star on my inner bicep was my first one and it hurt like hell, but it's my favorite. That one let me know that I could stand getting a tat in ALMOST any sensitive area. It's about time to get it touched up, so it should be fun. I would do a full sleeve on my left arm in a heartbeat, but I can't convince the wife that it would look good. I think the most I'm gonna get from her is a half.

2008 Ebony Ninja 250R (a.k.a. "Venom")
Mo1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM   #49
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Here's my tattoo of a Raven in haida art on my lower back. It was 5.5 hours of total torture but worth every second. I was literally bitting the metal bar of a chair so much my teeth were sore the next day and my arm were sore from hugging that chair so tight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Raven tattoo.jpg (34.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 090120081910.jpg (69.5 KB, 7 views)
BlueRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #50
Strider
Back on the Black!

It's awesome! Worth the time

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #51
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

I got my first tattoo for my birthday last year. It's a Boxer with all my doggies names around my ankle.... Maggie, Boris, Rascal, and Tara

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #52
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

I have some ink. I have a sleeve on my right arm that goes into a R chest plate and over my R shoulder a little bit. It has a koi swimming up my shoulder. The Koi has black scales outlined by rasta colors cascading down. The rest of the part around my arm has a lotus blossom and an Oni demon holding a sword in one hand and a shield with the image of the Guam seal in the other. Kind of hard to imagine but I'll try to get some pics. On my back I have a japanese dragon between my shoulder blades.

On my L chest I have my mom's face, but sadly it doesn't look too much like my mom. every gf I've had freaks out about it and never believes me when i tell them who it is. they all want to know who the mystery woman is! Even though I got it at a fairly reputable shop in FL, it looks a bit backyard style. Lesson learned. Now i only get tagged from people whose work Im familiar with.

Edit: I found a shot that shows part of the Koi on the left side of the pic. I know my description sounds like chaos, but this should give you an idea.

Other than that, they don't have too much symbolism other than the fact that I am an ink addict and my good friend is an awesome artist and owns one of the best shops around. I'm pretty picky about what I get and I always have him draw out all my ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black eye.jpg (38.3 KB, 7 views)

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #53
ninjablk08
ninjette.org guru

Name: oscar

Motorcycle(s): blk ninja 250 2008

wish for more but these is all i have for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 032.jpg (59.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 034.jpg (84.7 KB, 14 views)

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #54
Strider
Back on the Black!

WOW Oscar! Bad@ss dragon you got there!

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #55
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

So does it hurt more on bone, muscle, fat? Or does it just depend on the person?
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #56
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

Name: m

Motorcycle(s): 2009 black Ninja 250R

I have 2. The last one I got done last year. I knew I wanted it but thought it through and gave myself 6 months to be sure because the location, although I can hide it, is pretty big and prominent - especially in the summer. I drew it myself and had the tattoo artist refine the details. I love it. It's a symbol of rebirth and growth for me. Personally and professionally, last year was a year of great things and ones I wanted to be reminded of always.
One thing I highly recommend you do is to go to several shops in person (don't just check them online) and not only be sure to check about their hygiene practices but look at their artist's portfolio one by one and see which(if any) best suits the style you like. Don't go with the cheapest shop. Go with the artist that has the style and skill set to make the tattoo you'll be proud to wear
view it in my Flickr feed
tiburonsita is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #57
ninjablk08
ninjette.org guru

my next one on my back,CB the less muscle or fat the more sensitive it gets,neck, wrist,ankle,and the stomach i hear hurts,but i think its on the person and how much they can take pain,good luck and wants you get one you are hook lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poss tat.JPG (206.3 KB, 3 views)

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #58
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I found it hurts less where there is fat. Bone is real painful.
BlueRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #59
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjablk08 View Post
my next one on my back
Great details - that's gonna hurt more

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #60
ninjablk08
ninjette.org guru

i bet,its going to fit on my right shoulder blade and back,about the size of a sheet of paper the long way,thanks Alan i love dragons they are so cool

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #61
tiburonsita
ninjette.org member

^^^Cool. That's a good size. That's where mine is positioned.

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #62
Wade
ninjette.org member

Name: Wade

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 Ninja 250

<----------
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #63
Jiu Jitsu Player
Live 2 Ride Forced 2 Work

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 RED 250r

I would say that bone hurts the worst. The pain is pretty bearable though. The hardest part for me is sitting still for long periods of time. After a while I start to fidget and squirm in the seat.

www.7milesdown.com
Jiu Jitsu Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM   #64
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpielle View Post
I'll post pics when I get it started.. for the others you can see my tatt's here:

http://www.checkoutmyink.com/profile/scorpielle1970

This is a pretty cool site with lots of pics!

I LOVE the idea for your tatt, Can't wait to see Pics of the Angel.
That mermaid tattoo is awesome.

Old May 8th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #65
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
The Works There are still just a few colors that can fade quite a bit over time, but most of them can actually stay remarkably fresh now for decades.
It's more the canvas that I see as the problem, not the colors.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 06:42 AM   #66
kawibelle
ninjette.org member

Name: Kelly

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 250R

I don't have any pics of mine I current have four and a half... Yes, half b/c I'm in the processes of having my first tattoo removed. I love the rest of them, but I got a stupid frog on my chest when I was 17 that I'm having lasered off (don't ask...) I also have ink on one shoulder for my mom who passed away, a horse on my other shoulder since I have ridding horses my entire life, a butterfly on my ankle that my sister I have got together, and tribal art on my hip/hiney, just 'cause I thought it looked cool when I was 20.

All I can say is, be absolutely sure and don't do anything on a whim. I knew I wanted tattoos since I was about 14. I searched long and hard to find the right ones (with the exception of the frog). I'm also happy that I never got anything that isn't easily hidden by clothes. Most people don't know I have them!

I need to get some pics of them! Oh, and I still want one more (you'll always want one more, no matter how many you have). I need a tramp stamp too! I'm thinking something with a cross in the center (since I'm a christian) with tribal art around it... Still looking for the right one!

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #67
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
So does it hurt more on bone, muscle, fat? Or does it just depend on the person?
I haven't had any experience on bone ... yet, but I'd have to say that muscle hurt the worst for me. I've got fairly large calfs and while I was getting that done the girl kept hitting a certain spot that'd make my nerves go crazy and my foot would start twitching..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjablk08 View Post
my next one on my back,CB the less muscle or fat the more sensitive it gets,neck, wrist,ankle,and the stomach i hear hurts,but i think its on the person and how much they can take pain,good luck and wants you get one you are hook lol
Dude, that nail tat looks sweet man! If/when you get it done you should post it up man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom View Post
we were playing the dev version of it before it was released. it was torture keeping it a secret. it loaded slow and had bugs, but it was still fun.

i get my work done at Elm Street Tattoo in Deep Ellum. Its been a few years, but last i was there everyone at the shop was pretty damn good. Oliver Peck and Dean Williams own it and they're two of the best in the business.

my "baby's mama" has tons of tattoos. i'm not sure where she gets them, but she knows of a couple more really good shops in town too. if you're really interested i could ask her about it.

Man, gamefly said they sent me a diff. game Oh well, Skate2 will prob be next...

If you could ask your lady that'd be awesome! I don't know when I'd actually get the work done, but I'd like to "shop around" first before I take my sleeve ideas to someone.
Quote:
i use to know a couple of good guys down in the killeen area too, but i don't think they're still around
Dang, that sucks. I'm only about 45mins away from Killeen so that'd def. be better. But like I said, I'd be more than willing to make a drive if it meant good work and good people.

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #68
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

bone def hurts the worst. legs are suppose to hurt more than arms for some reason too.

worst parts for me: the area right above your armpit (between chest and arm), top of shoulders where its boney, and inside of the arm. surprisingly, the little tattoo on my ribs wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

last time i got a lot of coverage on the inside of my arm and it swelled up to almost twice the size it normally is. it was brutal.

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #69
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Quote:
bone def hurts the worst. legs are suppose to hurt more than arms for some reason too.

worst parts for me: the area right above your armpit (between chest and arm), top of shoulders where its boney, and inside of the arm. surprisingly, the little tattoo on my ribs wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

last time i got a lot of coverage on the inside of my arm and it swelled up to almost twice the size it normally is. it was brutal.
Dang man! That's intense! Kind of similar with my calf. It got a little swollen but it was extremely tender for a good 3 days or so.

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #70
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTKx View Post

If you could ask your lady that'd be awesome! I don't know when I'd actually get the work done, but I'd like to "shop around" first before I take my sleeve ideas to someone.
she says:
"Saints & Sinners in Carrollton on the corner of Josey & Frankford. Seriously EVERY artist there is good. I would let any of them tattoo me."

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #71
Realirony
That New Kid

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja250R

Was just looking at everyone's tats that they posted up, and goggling all of the shops and artists that people mentioned. The guy (Rob) that is doing mine works at Tattoo Zoo in Raleigh,(http://www.kevinstattoozoo.com/index...ord&pic=1#nogo)

one of the pics I saw in his portfolio that made me wanna come to him was the way he does the human body, imo, hes very good at human form.
Rob angel.jpg

this isnt my tattoo though, cause I dont wanna bite other's style. But this piece is what sold me on him as my artist
I'm still waiting to hear back from him so i can go check out his draft of the piece. I'll try and take some pics of his draft if he'll allow me. Seeing all of the tats and stories on here has me stoked.

btw tgif work is killing me >.<

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #72
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreezMunky View Post
I have 4 tattoos.. I get a tattoo every year around my birthday.
does that mean you're only 4?

just messing
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #73
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
does that mean you're only 4?

just messing
You need to read the whole post. She started when she was 18. Now do the math from there.

My bad. I failed to read the rest of yours.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #74
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

The calf for me hurt quite a bit. But I did real good staying still so that it would be over faster. I was glad I could just lay on my belly and play with my phone to keep my mind off the pain. I want to get another this year on my other calf. I also want to get my hubby's name somewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device
SpyderGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #75
beowuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Yancy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

I don't have any tats myself, but my wife has 2 1/2...

One on her chest she is getting removed so she can more easaly wear regular cut shirts (really, you need to THINK about where the tats going...) She got tired of always having to find high neck shirts to wear when she doesn't want to show it off... So, there's the half...

One on her back that is a cross she designed herself.

And she got one on the inside of her ankle to commemorate her first triathlon. She did Lavaman in Hawaii this year. It's got a palm tree with 4 leaves because her goal was 4 hours to finish. She did it in about 3:55! The 3 turtles are because it's a triathlon in Hawaii.

I think I would like to get a tat, but I'm not sure where or what it would be... To much indecision to commit...
beowuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #76
Scorpielle
ninjette.org member

Name: Elle

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Black Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
That mermaid tattoo is awesome.
Thanks, those pics of the mermaid are the next day, so my foot and ankle are hugely swollen, I didn't get to see my regular ankle for about a week or two after LOL
Scorpielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #77
wyckedflesh
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mikel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, '95 Ducati 900SS/CR (undergoing track conversion)

My friend did ink and as a favor after my wife was killed, she did the above on my low back

old tat, over 20 years old now, it is a Chrome Stemmed Purple Rose...

Comedy/Tragedy as depicted by bloody straight Razors

2nd oldest...and yes ladies, I was inspired by the Lancome Rose...

Currently working on a Feng Shui/5Elements piece that my wife will have as well

(no I am not shy)
wyckedflesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #78
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Phil took a better picture of mine...

Old May 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #79
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life