ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

View Poll Results: what type of cell phone do you use?
Blackberry 8 3.96%
Iphone 56 27.72%
Android 101 50.00%
basic phone, nothing fancy 37 18.32%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 27th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #81
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Motorola Droid Bionic. Bought it on release day to replace my Motorola Droid. As far as I'm concerned the DROID was the perfect phone.
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #82
chef
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 1965 Honda S90 , 2010 Ninja 250,2012 Vespa LX 150(Yes,a vespa!)

IPhone or Blackberry?

Am i old fashioned or missing out on something,seems everyone these days has one or the other,even school kids!!
Just landed a new job & thought of buying myself a gift ( the ER-6n will wait a few months,ha)
No time for playing games,basically used for e mails,text & photos.What am i missing with the BB instant messaging? Same as text ya?
I have heard that BB often freeze & battery life is not very good.?
What are your experiences?
chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #83
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Uh, it's 2012. Blackberrys are a joke now.

If you want something that's going to do what you want every time without fail, get the iPhone and never look back.

Androids offer a lot of customization but they're terribly buggy, and the phones come bloated.

Old February 8th, 2012, 07:09 AM   #84
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/threads merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #85
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
you forgot windows phone....

HAHAHA ok sorry i had to.
You did forget Windows phone. I have one, as does my fiancee, and we both like them a lot. I liked the iphone, but didn't want to spend the money, and I had heard a lot of things about Android that I didn't like. Windows phone was a good alternative then, and now that it has been updated to 7.5 it is even better. When it is time to upgrade again, I will be looking at another windows phone.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #86
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Name: Jojo

Motorcycle(s): none, cuz i'm a loser.

I like the flexibility of Android and the different phone options, but iPhone can't be beat in build quality. Windows phone I haven't had too much experience with. BB I can't stand, it's slow especially since everything must run through their servers...
AznJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #87
chef
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 1965 Honda S90 , 2010 Ninja 250,2012 Vespa LX 150(Yes,a vespa!)

Got the result i expected & will most likely go iPhone,build quality & connectivity to the laptop are important selling points.I just wanted to know what the hype behind BB is,i am one of the few here who dont have BB & didnt really want to,annoys the piss out of me that people are so important & have to update facebook or something at any time of the day,need the phone to work for me,not the other way round.
But after seeing the price in Bali (U.S 900) think that money can be better spent on some Ninja mods,hehe.
chef is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #88
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i make games for mobile phones so i deal with these on a daily basis. android wins under one condition: as long as you dont **** it up. android is more powerful because it lets you do more, but because it lets you do more, people think its cool to go stick different distros on their machine, made by some retard who really has no idea what hes doing. then they are surprised when they **** something up. buy a new android phone, keep stock android it comes with, youll love it.

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #89
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I use the Motorola Atrix (now replaced by the Atrix 2). It is the one that they had the commercial of the guy at the airport security being questioned about his phone/laptop and which one is it cause he keeps changing his story. If you want something that works, is of good build quality (I don't like Apple's quality, it's not as high as people are making it out to be imo, it also comes from Chinese slave factories as the news has recently unveiled) and even has it's own laptop docking station (the only phone out there that does) and not be have to deal with Itunes or the App store, I suggest trying it. There is a reason why Android phones are growing and why they are in the lead on the poll of this thread. Think about it.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #90
mustang5.0
ninjette.org guru

Name: E

Motorcycle(s): 2011 GIXXER 600

I had a BB and it sucked... moved to the HTC Evo.. it was a good phone but meh... happy with my iphone 4 so far

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #91
CynicalC

Quote:
i make games for mobile phones so i deal with these on a daily basis. android wins under one condition: as long as you dont **** it up. android is more powerful because it lets you do more, but because it lets you do more, people think its cool to go stick different distros on their machine, made by some retard who really has no idea what hes doing. then they are surprised when they **** something up. buy a new android phone, keep stock android it comes with, youll love it.
Nope nope nope. My girlfriend got an Evo 4g when it first came out. I was all about it at first because of the hardware and android being relatively new and exciting. Now that she's had it for over a year - rather, on her third one within a year, I can't even express what a clunky unreliable piece of crap it is. It's her work phone so it's completely stock, not rooted or modified in any way. No custom distros ever. She can't save camera pictures directly to the sd card or the phone will hang / crash. Her phone settings are randomly changing themselves / reverting back to factory settings. When the camera does work, there's a 50/50 chance that it'll start rewriting over her old images... And the apps available are so dumbed down from the equivalent apps on an iPhone, it's pathetic. My guess is because they have to be made to work with a thousand phones with hardware ranging from top of the line to bottom of the barrel...

I'm sorry but android has a LONG way to go and a short time to get there before I'd recommend it to anyone but my worst enemies.

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #92
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
obviously user error. name one thing iphone has that android doesnt

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #93
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
The most epicly supported jailbreaking community to ever exist, Siri, A 56% profit margin, micro sim cards (oh wait theres a pantech phone that uses those too), 2 layers of glass for twice the breakage, a non removable battery, proprietary usb input, GSM and CDMA, iCloud, apple stores to help you and get you a replacement phone when necessary, AppleCare+, Hulu Plus, Netflix, a silent switch.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #94
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
I use the Motorola Atrix (now replaced by the Atrix 2). It is the one that they had the commercial of the guy at the airport security being questioned about his phone/laptop and which one is it cause he keeps changing his story. If you want something that works, is of good build quality (I don't like Apple's quality, it's not as high as people are making it out to be imo, it also comes from Chinese slave factories as the news has recently unveiled) and even has it's own laptop docking station (the only phone out there that does) and not be have to deal with Itunes or the App store, I suggest trying it. There is a reason why Android phones are growing and why they are in the lead on the poll of this thread. Think about it.
The Atrix is a huge piece of junk. It was my first Company Owned Unit that I was issued and as it was my first android I thought it was awesome. Comparing it to other androids, it's really just crap. That being said I have the dock that allows you to turn your TV into one of those computers. If you want it you can have it just pay the shipping.
AFM #676

Old February 9th, 2012, 04:49 AM   #95
CynicalC

Quote:
A reliable trouble free operating system and top notch apps.

I've said this before, I am not an apple nutswinger. I hate just about everything that has to do with them. I hate macs, I hate iTunes, I hate my iPod. The one thing that they really got right was the iphone. And at first, I wasn't a fan of that either. But with the improvements to iOS over the years, and the nice new hardware, they've only gotten better and better. And now compared to the "competition," they shine even more.

As far as user error, normally I would agree with you but my girlfriend is above the gender average in technological inclination.

You see, she gets a new phone from work soon, and I want the Evo. But with all the problems it's had, I convinced her to go back to sprint and get another replacement so I would have a nice clean slate to start with. The same day we got home with it, it started acting up the same way as the one we had replaced not an hour earlier. She couldnt have messed up the phone that fast even if she were trying, and these are well documented and still unresolved issues on the android forums.

Old February 9th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #96
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
The most epicly supported jailbreaking community to ever exist, Siri, A 56% profit margin, micro sim cards (oh wait theres a pantech phone that uses those too), 2 layers of glass for twice the breakage, a non removable battery, proprietary usb input, GSM and CDMA, iCloud, apple stores to help you and get you a replacement phone when necessary, AppleCare+, Hulu Plus, Netflix, a silent switch.
Android uses micro-sim as well, hate non-removable batteries because it means you have to send it to the manufacturer when it goes bad, hate proprietary usb inputs, don't like iCloud or apple stores, have netfilx and hulu, have insurance on the phone, and gsm/cdma is more dependent on carrier with plenty of phones able to use them other than iPhone. So you have the extra glass..... whoopy. And there is reason they have the largest jailbreaking community, because Apple makes it's phones to turn you into Apple user slaves, while the others are more open source to begin with. So they don't have a need for the jailbreak community the way iPhone does.

What problems did you have with the Atrix? I love it personally. I never had a iPhone and never will (have used apple products and have yet to be impressed). My sister tried one, returned it 4 days later because she couldn't stand it compared to android phones.

Old February 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #97
CynicalC

Quote:
And there is reason they have the largest jailbreaking community, because Apple makes it's phones to turn you into Apple user slaves, while the others are more open source to begin with. So they don't have a need for the jailbreak community the way iPhone does.
Right. Forget that you have to root a droid phone just to get rid of all the bloatware they come with.

Old February 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #98
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
... i feel like we are back in the mac vs pc days. so much misinformation its not even funny anymore.

if you think iOS is trouble free, you are sorely mistaken.

Old February 9th, 2012, 10:37 AM   #99
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Right. Forget that you have to root a droid phone just to get rid of all the bloatware they come with.
That's all dependent on the phone itself and what the manufacturer decides to install. Plus much of the initial content can be taken off w/o having to "jailbreak" your phone. With iPhones you have to jailbreak them if you want to do just about anything with them other than get a data plan with whomever originally sold the phone. Android phones are not as locked or as bloated as iPhone is.

Old February 9th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #100
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Android uses micro-sim as well, hate non-removable batteries because it means you have to send it to the manufacturer when it goes bad, hate proprietary usb inputs, don't like iCloud or apple stores, have netfilx and hulu, have insurance on the phone, and gsm/cdma is more dependent on carrier with plenty of phones able to use them other than iPhone. So you have the extra glass..... whoopy. And there is reason they have the largest jailbreaking community, because Apple makes it's phones to turn you into Apple user slaves, while the others are more open source to begin with. So they don't have a need for the jailbreak community the way iPhone does.

What problems did you have with the Atrix? I love it personally. I never had a iPhone and never will (have used apple products and have yet to be impressed). My sister tried one, returned it 4 days later because she couldn't stand it compared to android phones.
I think you misunderstood my post as I was pointing out all the good and the bad of the iPhone. Also, androids do not use micro simcards except for the pantech pocket which no one has even looked twice at while in my store.

The Atrix got awesome reviews and its 1.0ghz dual core processor was supposed to offer a smooth experience and be a power house. Yet, the Atrix was easily outclassed by its two closest rivals the HTC Inspire and the Samsung Infuse (all these phones have since been discontinued). The HTC Inspire offered the smoothest android experience with its 1.0 ghz processor.

I thought the Atrix was awesome when I first got it, but now that I have a real android on me, the Atrix was a slow buggy joke.

Quote:
That's all dependent on the phone itself and what the manufacturer decides to install. Plus much of the initial content can be taken off w/o having to "jailbreak" your phone. With iPhones you have to jailbreak them if you want to do just about anything with them other than get a data plan with whomever originally sold the phone. Android phones are not as locked or as bloated as iPhone is.
iPhones are not bloated at all lol. The only mark a carrier leaves on an iphone is in the upper left hand corner where it says "insert carrier here" Also you can buy an iphone straight from apple that is unlocked and use it on whatever CDMA or GSM network you want.

Now I'm asking a legitimate question here, what can a rooted android do that a jailbroken iPhone can't? I don't know because I can't root my android since the company owns it.
AFM #676

Old February 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #101
sombo

Actually there are more than just one android phone using micro-sim cards. Just most of them are European atm since that's where the card was intended for because of different standards out there for other devices too small to use normal sim cards.

Iphones are about as bloated as androids are, both have some crap people don't want on them. I personally don't find the android phones any more bloated then you feel the iPhone is.

I kinda want to compare the Atrix with the new Atrix 2. I got the Atrix because I liked the features and it was comparable to the HTC my sister got w/o them being the same (we live together and are on the same account so having different phones kinda made sense so we didn't mix them up).

As for rooted android phones. It's kinda like getting admin rights on a linux system since that's what android is based off of. So basically it gives you access to the root programing of it's OS the way an admin would have root access to a linux OS system.

With iOS you can't use non-Apple authorized software or switch the phone to another carrier w/o jailbreaking it. With Android you can do that w/o having to root it. Rooting them just gives you a little more power over the phone w/o voiding any warranties or making a manufacturer try to make it illegal the way Apple is still hoping to make jailbreaking illegal.

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #102
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

my opinion

If you arent tech savvy, or do not know anyone tech savvy and want a great phone out of the box. Get an iphone.

If you are even semi tech savvy and like options get an android. Much more customizable even WITHOUT rooting it.

You cant lump any rooted android phone together and compare them with a jailbroken iphone. There are good android phones and there is garbage. Just like macbook is a macbook and iphone is an iphone. The specs are the same.

but if you take a top of the line android based phone chances are when it comes down to it, it will be the more powerful machine. Just like when it comes to computers.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #103
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
my opinion

If you arent tech savvy, or do not know anyone tech savvy and want a great phone out of the box. Get an iphone.

If you are even semi tech savvy and like options get an android. Much more customizable even WITHOUT rooting it.

You cant lump any rooted android phone together and compare them with a jailbroken iphone. There are good android phones and there is garbage. Just like macbook is a macbook and iphone is an iphone. The specs are the same.

but if you take a top of the line android based phone chances are when it comes down to it, it will be the more powerful machine. Just like when it comes to computers.

+1

Old February 9th, 2012, 03:11 PM   #104
250rr

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Samsung Galaxy II with a huge screen. "Are you happy to see me, or is that a Galaxy II in your pocket?"
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #105
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Actually there are more than just one android phone using micro-sim cards. Just most of them are European atm since that's where the card was intended for because of different standards out there for other devices too small to use normal sim cards.

Iphones are about as bloated as androids are, both have some crap people don't want on them. I personally don't find the android phones any more bloated then you feel the iPhone is.

I kinda want to compare the Atrix with the new Atrix 2. I got the Atrix because I liked the features and it was comparable to the HTC my sister got w/o them being the same (we live together and are on the same account so having different phones kinda made sense so we didn't mix them up).

As for rooted android phones. It's kinda like getting admin rights on a linux system since that's what android is based off of. So basically it gives you access to the root programing of it's OS the way an admin would have root access to a linux OS system.

With iOS you can't use non-Apple authorized software or switch the phone to another carrier w/o jailbreaking it. With Android you can do that w/o having to root it. Rooting them just gives you a little more power over the phone w/o voiding any warranties or making a manufacturer try to make it illegal the way Apple is still hoping to make jailbreaking illegal.
Edit: Just realized I wrote a ****ing essay here

Ok well we don't live in Europe so that's a bit of a moot point. As far as I know there is only 2 phones and 1 tablet that use micro sim cards. The pantech burst pantech pocket and pantech element. The vast majority of android phones use regular sim cards or CDMA.

I don't understand what you mean by the iphone being bloated. When I got my HTC Vivid it came with AT&T navigator barcode scanner facebook twitter and on and on. Half the stuff I can't delete, it's literally built into the OS. All of those extra apps I don't want or care for came on my android but not on my iphone. When you open your brand new iphone it is clean and free of bloatware. Ok maybe you don't want a calculator app built into your OS, I'm sorry but you will just have to deal with that lol.

I ordered an Atrix 2 for one of my customers since we never sold them in the store and I was still not impressed with its performance. They took away the fingerprint scanner (THOSE BASTARDS) and the OS was still not that smooth thought it was improved over the Atrix 1. Since google has bought Motorola I expect that motorola phones will become the dominant android phones. When the hardware and software is developed by the same company it has the ability to run better than any other platform. Whether Google will actually attempt this or keep the Motorola sector partitioned from the android sector will determine whether motorola phones become the dominant android phone.

I work at AT&T so I'm around all these phones everyday. HTC always delivers a product that is smooth and reliable. Anytime someone brings back their phone because its not working, its because the messed it up. When people ask me what the best android phone is, I bring them over to the HTC vivid and the samsung skyrocket. First I tell them they can get the skyrocket free if they buy a samsung tablet and if they don't go for that then I explain how the HTC, despite a slower processor, is an all around better android phone plus its $100 cheaper. Oh and forget LG, they make awesome TV's and ****** phones.

I want to talk about the iPhone's jailbreaking community. You've never had an iPhone so you must not know much about it. Apples oppressive controlling attitude towards it's products has spawned a community that is far more developed than the rooting community. With there being so many different andoid phones there are hacks that are made for specific phones but not all. With the iPhone, all the hacks are universal and I want to bring up something that no android phone will ever rival. The 3GS which is 2.5 years old is still supported today by Apple and by the jailbreaking community. A phone that became obsolete over a year ago, is still supported. You just won't find that reliability or support on an android, ever. IMO the 3GS is junk but I still have customers come in with jailbroken 3GS's and they are perfectly happy with them.

On my phone right now I have Cydia, the jailbreak app store. It has three tiers for it's users, "User" "Hacker" and "Developer" You choose the correct category that applies to you and Cydia will give you access to apps and tweaks that are relevant. By choosing User, you gain access to completely customizing your phone without the fear of locking it up or bricking it. Hacker and Developer give you access to the most powerful tweaks that only those respective classes should be using.

Currently I have mine set to user and anytime I want to change something on my phone, I just search for the app and install it. 1, 2, done so easy and simple and I have complete control over my phone. Cydia is incredibly diverse, anything you've ever wanted to make your phone do you can. I've never had an instance where I could not make my phone do something that I wanted it to.

Yes android is explicitly more open and customizable out of the box than the iphone. I love my android, customers ask me all the time what I like better, my iphone or my android, and I don't have a clear answer for them. There isn't a clearcut winner, I love them both. However, if I had to make a choice, I would go with the jailbroken iPhone. The reason is that it has guaranteed support from both it's manufacturer and it's jailbreaking community. My iphone 4 will recieve updates all the way through iOS 7. Is your atrix getting ice cream sandwich support? I will also tell you that an non-jailbroken iPhone is utterly useless to me. I am so annoyed by its innate lack of customization that I could never use one.

I completely agree with you that a non jailbroken iphone sucks but thats why the jailbreak exists. Jailbreaking takes about 2 minutes to complete and as far as it voiding your warranty, it's total BS. I'm on my 3rd iphone 4 (yes apple products have defects just like any other phone) and all 3 of my iphone 4's were jailbroken yet apple still replaced them.

To give you an estimation of how large the jailbreak community is, I read a statistic the other day on Cydia stating that somewhere around 4 million unique devices have been jailbroken on iOS 5.

I'm not trying to convince you to get an iPhone I just want you to understand how truly great the product is (once it's been jailbroken).

For the record if Apple is ever able to prevent their devices from being jailbroken then I will be jumping ship over to android, even though carrying 2 android phones seems rather silly
AFM #676

Old February 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #106
silverhana
ninjette.org member

Name: angie

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250

had android (samsung i7500- SHITPHONE!), then iphone 3g, then android (samsung galaxy S - mines was buggy as heck! even with custom ROM), currently iphone 4
but that samsung galaxy s2 looks pretty sexy! but... they didn't come out to verizon :/
silverhana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #107
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhana View Post
had android (samsung i7500- SHITPHONE!), then iphone 3g, then android (samsung galaxy S - mines was buggy as heck! even with custom ROM), currently iphone 4
but that samsung galaxy s2 looks pretty sexy! but... they didn't come out to verizon :/
the samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket will be outdated in 2 months lol
AFM #676

Old February 9th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #108
CynicalC

Quote:
... i feel like we are back in the mac vs pc days. so much misinformation its not even funny anymore.

if you think iOS is trouble free, you are sorely mistaken.
Misinformation indeed. I've been using my 3GS for over two years now. It's been reflashed, updated and jailbroken countless different ways. I NEVER have any issues with it and this phone has taken some serious abuse.

Quote:
That's all dependent on the phone itself and what the manufacturer decides to install. Plus much of the initial content can be taken off w/o having to "jailbreak" your phone.
Quote:
Quote:
With iPhones you have to jailbreak them if you want to do just about anything with them other than get a data plan with whomever originally sold the phone. Android phones are not as locked or as bloated as iPhone is.
I'm sorry, but this is flat out wrong. It's not a matter of opinion. iPhones are "clean" when you take them out of the box. No advertisements, no NFL, Nascar amazon mp3, blockbuster, footprints, friendstream, nova, qik video, quick office, sprint zone apps you can't uninstall. I do understand these are put on the phone by the manufacturer and carrier, but the FACT is that iphones don't come with any of it, or at least none I've ever seen. And in fact you DO have to root to get rid of them, period.

tl;dr android is bloated, iphones are not. Don't spread false information.

Quote:
my opinion

So basically iPhones work great just they way they are, jailbreaking gives the user the tools they need to screw the phone up. Whereas android is halfassed but gives you the tools you need to fix it. Sweet!

Old February 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #109
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
I do understand these are put on the phone by the manufacturer and carrier, but the FACT is that iphones don't come with any of it, or at least none I've ever seen. And in fact you DO have to root to get rid of them, period.

tl;dr android is bloated, iphones are not. Don't spread false information
I'm not spreading misinformation. My phone didn't come with any of that crap and you don't need to root them to get rid of everything. Sorry but iPhones do come with crap people don't want just as much as androids. Just because you want them there doesn't mean everyone else does.

Old February 9th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #110
CynicalC

Quote:
I'm not spreading misinformation. My phone didn't come with any of that crap and you don't need to root them to get rid of everything. Sorry but iPhones do come with crap people don't want just as much as androids. Just because you want them there doesn't mean everyone else does.
Like what? I gave every example I could think of on the Evo just off the top of my head. And I don't know why I have to keep saying this. You DO have to root the phones just to get rid of the crap on them.

http://www.evo4gforum.net/htc-evo-4g...mp3-and-stuff/

I'm not talking about just some apps that come on the phone that I don't want to use. I'm talking about being force fed advertisements every time you look at the damn phone.

Old February 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #111
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Colin, if you want to compare apples to apples, compare the phone google sells. not the phones other people sell with googles free operating system.

G1, G2. anything else is a joke

... although my galaxy 2 and galaxy tab are pretty nice.

sidenote: i use ipad 1 & 2s at work along with a bunch of ipods and iphones.

Old February 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #112
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Colin, if you want to compare apples to apples, compare the phone google sells. not the phones other people sell with googles free operating system.

G1, G2. anything else is a joke

... although my galaxy 2 and galaxy tab are pretty nice.

sidenote: i use ipad 1 & 2s at work along with a bunch of ipods and iphones.
Bah! the galaxy tab is junk! HTC jetstream is where its at baby
AFM #676

Old February 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #113
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
whats wrong with the galaxy tab?

Old February 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #114
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
whats wrong with the galaxy tab?
Which one do you have? I judge phones and tablets pretty harshly based on how quickly they will change screens when you slide your finger. The galaxy tab 8.9 which has the same specs as the 10.1 has a delay when you slide your finger to when the page/screen actually turns. IMO if your OS cant keep up with simply flipping thru screens, then it isn't worth my time. When people want to buy a galaxy tab it makes me cringe, I want to tell them not to but I have a quota to hit each month. Ironically, the Acer Iconia which is a budget honeycomb tablet has better performance than the galaxy tab and its about $150 cheaper.

Even the cheapo waterproof pantech element has quicker reaction times than the galaxy tab 8.9. And of course the HTC Jetstream is the one ring to rule them all
AFM #676

Old February 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #115
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Things Ive learned in this thread.

Colin is an apple fanboy.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #116
CynicalC

Quote:
Things Ive learned in this thread.

Colin is an apple fanboy.
Look, just because I have the apple logo tattood on my wrists doesn't mean I'm a fanboi. It just gets me a discount at Starbucks.

Old February 10th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #117
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Which one do you have? I judge phones and tablets pretty harshly based on how quickly they will change screens when you slide your finger. The galaxy tab 8.9 which has the same specs as the 10.1 has a delay when you slide your finger to when the page/screen actually turns. IMO if your OS cant keep up with simply flipping thru screens, then it isn't worth my time. When people want to buy a galaxy tab it makes me cringe, I want to tell them not to but I have a quota to hit each month. Ironically, the Acer Iconia which is a budget honeycomb tablet has better performance than the galaxy tab and its about $150 cheaper.

Even the cheapo waterproof pantech element has quicker reaction times than the galaxy tab 8.9. And of course the HTC Jetstream is the one ring to rule them all
you are smoking crack son. this thing has absolutely no delay.

i would like to point out though that the ipad does have a slight delay from time to time on the home screen

Old February 10th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #118
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
you are smoking crack son. this thing has absolutely no delay.

i would like to point out though that the ipad does have a slight delay from time to time on the home screen
I've never noticed any delay with either the ipad or the jetstream. The acer will get overloaded if it has a moving background.

Again which galaxy tab do you have? Maybe the problem is the ones in the store arent rooted yet
AFM #676

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #119
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
I have a stock galaxy 10.1

im also sitting in front of an ipad 2 with nothing running and its chuggachugging on something.

Old February 10th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #120
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I have a stock galaxy 10.1

im also sitting in front of an ipad 2 with nothing running and its chuggachugging on something.
Clearly that iPad is a special needs child
AFM #676