ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 24th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #1
RRTRIDER
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Lightbulb Woodcraft Clipons and Cycle Control Rearset Adjusters.

Hey Guys! I picked up a set of rearset adjusters from Cyclecontrol and Woodcraft Clipons from Racebikerentals. Two thumbs up for the price and fast shipment. Thanks Richard I haven't had a chance to test ride the bike yet because of the rain and it took me all day/night to install them. After a test ride, I'll do some more adjustments. Here is the progress as of yet.

Does anybody experience your clutch lever pinching your hands when you do a full lock to the right?

Brake lever is perfectly fine. (Full lock to the left)

Stock bars

Clipons (i had to drill two holes cuz i measured wrong and the right bar end is still uneven compared to the left but i'll live with it)

Can you make out whats on my laptop? Thanks Kelly for all the help

Rearset Adjuster

I pulled the brake hose outside cuz the zipties I had was too short

The brake hose is pinched a bit. Is this gonna be a problem?
RRTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #2
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009 and ZX-12R 2000

If you're still comfortable after doing this, you should rotate the clutch down a bit. That should give you more clearance for lock at right turn.

Looks good!

I see your State Inspection Sticker is farther down than mine on the left fork. If I ever do the clipon mod, the left clipon will cover part of mine! I will just have to get the State Police to issue a replacement!
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Seth
Akira

Name: Bruno

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

I have the same problem with my clipons, the left side is closer then the right at lock. In the back of my mind it's always there when I ride and it feels like the handlebars aren't right!

I've checked the alignment using the old method and the wheels are straight, I’ve replaced the bars with "Driven" bars that are shorter and look nicer, it seems to have fixed the problem by about 70% but there is still abit of an adjustment that I have to do.

Have you ever dropped your bike? My garage is a tight fit with the car and once I let it go to quick and the barends hit the wall, I think this might have thrown the steering off.

Picture with Woodcraft bars:

Driven Bars:

You can see in the second picture how close to the left wall I have to park the bike.
Seth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #4
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Your levers are not symmetrical, so the gap between the lever and fairing will be different if both lever pivot points were in the same position, in relation to the top of your fork. The brake curves away from the pivot right away while the clutch goes out kinda straight for a bit then curves.

First thing to look at would be the mounts. See if you can rotate them outward more on the fork tube.(counter clockwise clutch side and clockwise brake side). Mine are rotated out until they are almost touching the upper triple (unless you look reeeeeal close, you'd think they are touching). I fedangled with mine alot as I have them down on the fork as far as I can get them while rotating the levers down/forward as far as I could get them and getting the levers positioned where I want them in/out (I need room for my index finger behind the clutch lever) all without contacting the fairings front or rear. You'll see that I have the bars out of the mounts to the point that they are flush with the mounts (you see almost no aluminum to the inside of my mounts)... this was also necessary in order to find the positioning I wanted. I need that gap on the clutch side between the mount and clutch lever clamp in order to get the clutch lever rotated forward (clearance for the clutch switch).

rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #5
RRTRIDER
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

thanks for all the feedback guys. i will do some adjustments and see if it works!
RRTRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote