ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Gear-related

Old April 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

NEW TourMaster Flex Series 2 hybrid mesh, textile & winter/rain jacket $114;XXL=$69!

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_jacket.html

From MotorcycleGear AKA NewEnough

This is the same jacket I started out with almost exactly four years ago and it still looks new when I throw the rain layer on it except for what look like a couple cigarette burns in the collar area. Oh, and it doesn't cost $200 anymore!

Basically, it has three layers that make this a mesh, textile, or winter jacket all in one. The base jacket is mesh. This was my "most every day" configuration when I commuted daily in San Diego for three years. The waterproof textile "rain layer" is like a whole other jacket with its own armor adjuster snaps at the elbows, its own pockets, its own reflective piping, and its own trademark Tour Master reflective triangle at the rear. The only parts that are visible in either configuration are the wrist cuffs and the neck collar. Though it is waterproof it does have parts that can be opened for ventilation (made mine puff up like a parachute!). The third layer is a insulating liner that goes inside and attaches to loops in the sleeves and such with snaps that go through them.

It just so happens that I'm a large guy and found the XXL size to be very loose fitting but everyone thought it looked great. I weighed between 230 and 250lbs over the years that I wore it. Everyone thought I lost weight when they'd see me in it because it hid my bulge perfectly without looking baggy. :P I put the extra room to good use on more than one occasion, stuffing it full of things I couldn't fit in my tankbag or backpack (cat litter, dog food, etc).

I've been sitting on this for a month while I saved up the money to get it because it was clear that they are getting rid of it and have low stock of most sizes. I threw in some closeout Cortech by Tour Master HDX gloves in blue for $21 to make it $90 and qualify for free shipping over $89. FWIW, I've also owned these in black before but I didn't have such a great experience with 'em. They shrank in the rain, bled black dye, lost the rubber around one of the finger vent ports, and the knuckle padding wadded up into useless corners after the first few rides (carbon fiber knuckle protectors would likely HURT in a crash). Regardless, I needed more ventilated gloves cheap and I have something else to wear in the winter/rain. I think I got the last blue pair of those. All they have left is small in Black/Yellow.

Edit: They call it "water resistant" but the dealer I bought my first one from called it "waterproof." All I can say is that it worked as well as my full rain suit, though I have been drenched even in the full rain suit.

Edit: Perhaps some $76 Tour Master pants to zip it to?
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=102188
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote