Old November 25th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #41
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
Motorcycling is supposed to be fun. Riding a motorcycle fast when you dont have the proper skills is not fun. Your neighbor found that out. I love twisting the throttle on my 250 and not have to worry about dying or going to jail.
+1 for the Ninja 250. It's all I need.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #42
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

That's exactly what I told him. Almost 10.5K miles later I don't even have an inkling to upgrade.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #43
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

CZ, I totally agree with you. I don`t think there is a sweeter bike on the planet. I am interested in the CZ designation in your avatar. I used to be a Norton, Benelli, JAWA dealer in the early 70`s. JAWA made a 250cc Scrambler called CZ, that literally kicked butt. I believe the thing could climb a tree. It was a single cylinder two stroke that just blew people`s minds----just like the Ninja. Thought there might be a connection. It would be a good one. Both bikes are similar in their own right because there was nothing made at the time to compete with them---at least nothing the average Joe can buy.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #44
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
CZ, I totally agree with you. I don`t think there is a sweeter bike on the planet. I am interested in the CZ designation in your avatar. I used to be a Norton, Benelli, JAWA dealer in the early 70`s. JAWA made a 250cc Scrambler called CZ, that literally kicked butt. I believe the thing could climb a tree. It was a single cylinder two stroke that just blew people`s minds----just like the Ninja. Thought there might be a connection. It would be a good one. Both bikes are similar in their own right because there was nothing made at the time to compete with them---at least nothing the average Joe can buy.
Nope... just short for "CyberZer0" because "Cyber" isn't as cool as it was in the early '90s when I started using it. You know, back when every tech product had "2000" in the model name. Interesting Scrambler info though...
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #45
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I got the 250 after years of liter bikes and 600cc bikes.. I still ride a liter bike. The 250 is cheaper to run, fuel, insurance and tires and the corner speed is pretty cool. The cornering speed isn't fast enough that it could keep pace with the cbr on my favorite roads, but that corner speed is really really really fun! If the thing didn't sit so low to the ground, I'd have myself some serious fun!!

I see the 250 as "different" fun, not just as an upgrade or downgrade.
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #46
diablo250
Crafty Salesman....

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r, 06 sv650sf

I had a zx6 as my PERMIT bike when I was 15, not even old enough to have a CA drivers license. That was almost 9 years back, and now I have a 2009 250r as my daily driver.

Funny story about bigger bikes though,

I got laughed at by some liter-bike dudes this weekend when I was puling into a mobil gas station for a ride. I later saw one of the same guys lay his big bike down while negotiating a u-turn at 2 mph. Apparently having the extra 750cc's doesn't mean you're a better rider..... he was fine, just seemed pissed off.

Old November 25th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #47
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo250 View Post
I got laughed at by some liter-bike dudes this weekend when I was puling into a mobil gas station for a ride. I later saw one of the same guys lay his big bike down while negotiating a u-turn at 2 mph. Apparently having the extra 750cc's doesn't mean you're a better rider..... he was fine, just seemed pissed off.
HAH I can attest to this...those 750's are a handful at low speeds and have the u-turn radius of an 18-wheeler
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #48
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
I got the 250 after years of liter bikes and 600cc bikes.. I still ride a liter bike. The 250 is cheaper to run, fuel, insurance and tires and the corner speed is pretty cool. The cornering speed isn't fast enough that it could keep pace with the cbr on my favorite roads, but that corner speed is really really really fun! If the thing didn't sit so low to the ground, I'd have myself some serious fun!!

+1

MY first scoot was a 750, i miss the speed but i like this lil ninja it's the perfect daily ride for me..on short rides it's great but let's not make it a supersport contender or a touring bike..it is what it is...a pretty good handling small displacement bike that's learner friendly , cheap to operate, and pretty entertaining to trash on

Old November 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #49
Zero260
ninjette.org member

Name: Zero

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post

I agree 100%
I had a 2007 R6 when I bought my 250. Each has their purpose, but the 250 wins in the "fun" category.

Someone said it earlier, Its note fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.
Zero260 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #50
Midnightrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): Black 09 Ninja 250

I've got a 650 cruiser when I want to putt putt around and check out the scenery. When I want to play its Ninjette time!
Midnightrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #51
BuckBuck#1
ninjette.org member

Name: Guy

Motorcycle(s): Now 2009 Ninja 250: Previously CB900, DL650, VLX600, GN250

New Member and 250R Ninja Rider

I just registered and logged on last night so hello all in this thread forum.

I only started riding in 2006, I am now 57. I traded the CB900 Hornet in last week, and today is the sixth day of the new Ninja. I did 45,000km on the Hornet.

I've got a smile from ear to ear, and have just clicked up 500km in six days. I have eased the engine in, incrementing from 4000rpm every 200km going up 1000rpm. Sitting at 5,500/6,000rpm and the bike is performing excellently.
BuckBuck#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #52
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo250 View Post
Just remember folks, Karma bites back.

But I never understood why bigger bike riders need to ridicule smaller displacements. Are they that insecure with their own ride that they need to belittle us.

As it was said before, each bike has a purpose and a strong point. Just because the strong point isn't speed doesn't make it a bad bike.

Back on the road again Season 2010 Dam it feels good!
250Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2009, 05:17 AM   #53
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Somebody thinks that once a person goes to a big bike they'd never go back to a 250R. Just want to see how many because I was quoted it being one in a million.
I'm back to a 250R from several 600's.
The 250R is no 600 but it's "a million times better" than no bike at all.
For me it was the economy not being able to afford a new larger bike and the fact that the R doesn't look like the first gen anymore. Otherwise I'd be in a automatic Chevy S-10 right now..

That said,
My 250 will go through the twisties pretty much as fast as my 600's would because you can only go so fast around a corner before all your power becomes useless.

It's on the freeways that a 600 makes a difference. I guess if you're hell bent on stunting a 600 would help over a 250 too, but I've seen some 250 videos that could make me change my mind about that.

Also, pretty surprised how quick and short the 250 will turn! Not hard to turn this thing at all and I find myself leaning in a bit too much most of the time. Probably a bad habit..
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #54
Custom Seat Creations
Sportbike Seat Covers

Name: Becky

Motorcycle(s): 10' Special Edition Tribal 250 Red/Black ; 08' Ninja 250 (RIP by a cager); 05' Honda CBR 600

Both my husband and I raise our hands on this one.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:10 AM   #55
dbotos
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2001 EX250

I've ridden the following on the street:

mid-80s Kawasaki LTD 305 (belt drive)
2003 Yamaha R6
2005? Suzuki DR650
2001 Ninja 250 (current bike)

It'd be nice to have the power and fuel injection of the R6 in the lightweight, ergonomic (I like sitting more upright), and easy-to-work-on package of the Ninja. I like the single headlight on the Ninja and would like the tail more if it were a little more streamlined/tapered. I'm enjoying the bike, both working on it and riding it, although sometimes I do miss that big bike feel of the R6.
dbotos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #56
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I'm coming back to the 250 when they raise the horsepower to over 100, upgrade the suspension to compare with the 600's, and lower the price.

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #57
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Hey CC...maybe you can straddle 3 at once and if you divide the cost by redline rpm and and multiply that my the volume ( in us db's of course) of the fuel tank whistle I believe you'd find it meets your requirements, maybe. Just an idea, y'know.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #58
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
Hey CC...maybe you can straddle 3 at once and if you divide the cost by redline rpm and and multiply that my the volume ( in us db's of course) of the fuel tank whistle I believe you'd find it meets your requirements, maybe. Just an idea, y'know.
I'm sure CC has straddled quite a few...umm...bikes.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #59
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Had a GS500 before the 250. Only reason I'd leave the 250 is for something that suits long distance rides better. As for now, the 250 does just fine. Not to mention that the 250 is dirt cheap to buy, maintain and repair.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #60
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

yeah....maybe he oughta change his name to CCC....or C C C
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #61
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
hmmmm, I C

Old December 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #62
kkim

I must be regressing in my old age. The 250R is the biggest of the bikes I presently own and I'm having more and more fun as the bikes get smaller.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #63
wyckedflesh
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mikel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, '95 Ducati 900SS/CR (undergoing track conversion)

Sometimes it isn't about "coming Back" as much as it is "Using the right hammer for the job"
wyckedflesh is offline   Reply With Quote