ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old May 29th, 2018, 03:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Max Biaggi To Ride Energica Ego Corsa During Demo Lap At Mugello

It only seems natural that Max Biaggi is the rider chosen to take the Energica Ego Corsa for a demo lap of Mugello, to promote the MotoE series set to debut in 2019.

Begin press release:

The legendary Mugello Circuit is the venue of the sixth demo lap of the year for the track-ready*Energica Ego Corsa. As the 2018 FIM MotoGP World Championship heads to the hills of Tuscany for the sixth Grand Prix of the season, so will the beautiful all-electric superbike machine designed and built by Italian manufacturer Energica. Six-time world champion*Max Biaggi*will be the man to put it through its paces around the 5.2km (3.6 mile) fast-flowing and exciting circuit.

In his 22-year-long career at international level, Biaggi was 250cc world champion four times in a row (1994-1997), three times blue riband class runner up (500cc in 1998 and 2001; MotoGP 2002), and two-time WorldSBK champion (2010 and 2012). He amassed some impressive records along the way: 372 world championship race starts with 63 wins, 182 podiums, 61 pole positions and 60 fastest laps.

Max is now ready to jump aboard the*Energica Ego Corsa*and ride in front of his fellow Italian fans around the Mugello track one more time.

“Well what can I say? I know the MotoGP paddock and the Mugello circuit like the back of my hand and I’m always happy to go back there and meet with the Italian fans – who have always been good to me,”*Biaggi explained.*“It’s a great feeling to put my leathers on and go for a ride around this track, so I’m happy to do it this time aboard the Energica Ego Corsa. This will be a first for me on an electric sports bike – I have driven a single-seater sports car before, but never a motorcycle – so I will be looking forward to trying it out!”

The sixth demo lap of the year on the road to the*2019 FIM Enel MotoE World Cup*will begin*on Sunday*at*13:20*local time (GMT +2) in front of the traditionally passionate and vocal Italian crowd at the Mugello Circuit.

Max Biaggi To Ride Energica Ego Corsa During Demo Lap At Mugello appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...