ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 16th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Marin Ride to Breakfast - 5/16/10

Hadn't gotten myself to an SMR in awhile, so I figured this weekend was as good as any to start up again. Manimal was looking for a ride this weekend as well, so I invited Daren along to join us on our morning blast to breakfast.

He lives just a few miles from me here in Milpitas, so we met up downtown right near 880:

The ride up 880 was uneventful, if a little bit chilly. The weather report showed that it wouldn't clear up for awhile, but it was at least unlikely to rain. Right before gassing up off of Freitas, Daren and I got to tail a brand new Lamborghini for a few miles. Neat car, but does it really need 22 times as many hp as our Ninja 250's? Didn't keep us from passing him. Once we arrived at the Big Rock, saw that there were a good number of familiar faces, along with 1 or 2 I hadn't met yet. Someone had shown up on a shiny new S1000RR, so I commenced drooling over it, even in completely stock form. We were on our way a little past 8, and it was still a bit overcast.

Which is why a bird must have had a hard time seeing Jim Foley trucking along at speed, and the poor birdie got a close up view of his laminar lip:

While it never got too warm, and never got too bright, it never got wet either, all the way up to breakfast. Breakfast at Howard's was good as usual, and we were soon raring to head to the coast. John was in an especially eager mood.

Coleman Valley Road was terribly foggy, but we survived and it was once again clear when we did reach the Pacific. Quick break at Coleman Beach to clean visors...

And look at this, a new land-speed record for the Ninjette on this morning's ride! (on the closed-course portion, of course!)

The entire gallery of pics with accompanying maplinks can be found right up here...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Manimal
ninjette.org member

Name: Daren

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 SE

Great pix, Alex and thanks for the memories Even though the venture was new to me, in many ways, it seemed familiar of many other roads I had experienced. Hopefully next time we'll get a lot more sun. Looking forward to future rides with ya Again, it was a very fun ride and a great group of guys to share it with.

Ninjette does 94 mph?!? I could have sworn I saw the needle hitting near 100mph! what's up with that?!? hahhahahaha
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote