Motorcycle(s): All of them

6 is not good enough?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #42
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I've thought about ordering but I did the math and can't justify switching from my 428 setup.

Old May 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #43
tim61
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 78 Ducati 900SD Darmah, 74 Yamaha TA125, 71 Honda CL175 , 78 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 09 Kaw 250R, 08 KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I'm giving this till June 1st and if it doesn't happen I'm disputing my charges.

Once you guys get 7 peeps let me know and I'll replace my order.
In that case, you should just ask Mark for a refund, and he will give you your money back ASAP. He is completely at the mercy of the machinist, who is at the mercy of the case hardener. This is all unobtanium for our bikes, so it is simply not possible to make it happen any quicker.

It took about 5 months to get the 2 prototype sets. So I admit that I was very patient. And I am certainly glad that I was. I love this set up, and no way in hell would I go back to the clunky 520!

TimO
tim61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM   #44
Order
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (race), 01 Ninja ZX6R (race), 00 Ninja ZX6R (street), 03 R6 (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
6 is not good enough?
Unfortunately only 4 have actually ordered... slackers!
Order is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #45
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order View Post
Unfortunately only 4 have actually ordered... slackers!
4? Is that including yourself?

Last I heard they were machining the sprockets as we speak (or rather as I type this) for those who already paid.

Might want to check with Mark again and give us an update.

Old June 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM   #46
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Hello 415 Chain and Sprocket Orders,

I want to thank you for your order of 415 chain and sprockets from Aftermarket Cycles. We have 5 sprocket sets in production right now. My goal was to get 10 sets pre-ordered because of the price breaks but I also didn't want to make the 4 who did pre-order wait forever. Included in your chain purchases is a 415 Tsubaki SHT Hi-Performance Racing Chain that will be a great chain for your needs.

The reason I am emailing you is to let you know we have sourced DID415ER Chains (well known in the racing world for quality) and you can upgrade the chain for $50.00 additional. We are not making a dime off these chains because they are hard to get and I am going to have the vendor ship them directly to you guys.

If you are interested in the upgrade I need to have a ALL IN commitment because the vendor doesn't want to ship one at a time.

Call me if you have any questions and I hope this doesn't come across as trying to up sell to make more money because the only reason I am doing this is to help out my racers.

Mark Yeoman | Aftermarket Cycles | Seattle WA
W: www.aftermarketcycles.com P: 586-524-7888
Just got this via email.

$50 more for an upgrade chain even if you've already ordered a chain with your sprockets.

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM   #47
IndyTwoFiddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Blue Ninja 250r

What does this do? Is it something for casual riders? I commute to work and ride on the weekends...thanks
IndyTwoFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM   #48
SPG
ninjette.org member

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninjette

No not for the casual rider. It is a nice performance upgrade, at the cost of slightly more wear on the chain and sprocket. Not worth doing for a street bike which racks up the miles. For a race bike which usually gets a lot of maintenance per mile, it is more easily justified.

As the "other guy" who took the plunge with Tim to try the protptypes out, these chains and sprockets are the nuts. If your rear brakes are set up to not drag, you can put the bike on a stand and the rear wheel spins freely. The factory chain will stop the rear wheel almost immediately. It's actually a pretty cheap way to free up some horsepower in a tightly regulated class.

As some readers on the Kawi Forums missed, the sprockets are almost the same diameter as the factory ones. The reason for the higher tooth count is that the teeth are closer together.
SPG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #49
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 899, 748, 250, 250, 70

Has anyone else who paid via paypal seen a ship date or anything?
sowega is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #50
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

I emailed mark on friday and he said that the sprockets are out for hardening/plating right now. Not sure how long that means but thats last I heard.
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #51
SPG
ninjette.org member

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninjette

For what it's worth guys, Mark is a stand up guy and wants to get these kits out the door as much as you do. Having dealt with the vendor who is making the sprockets before, I know that there is not a lot of control over the production speed. The only thing I know for sure is that; 1) You will get your parts, 2) You will get them faster that anyone else will make them for you, and 3) If something goes sideways with the production (unlikely), Mark will make it good for you.

Give it a chance. You'll be glad you waited.
-Sean
SPG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #52
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2 Ninja 250's

Update from Aftermarket Cycles on 415GP Kit

415GP Customers:

Currently the sprockets are still being hardened and I have called the manufacturer several times to keep on them. Part of the game with custom manufacturing is I am at the mercy of them and they are at the mercy of their vendors for hardening.

Today I placed another order for 5 additional sets due to more orders for this kit. 2 sets are spoken for and 3 will be available as today so if you are reading this and are interested please place the order at www.aftermarketcycles.com.

The chains are in the shop and awaiting sprockets to ship. I assure you that you will all get your sprockets and chain and if you have any questions about this kit please call me directly at 586-524-7888.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles
aftermarketcycles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #53
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermarketcycles View Post
415GP Customers:

Currently the sprockets are still being hardened and I have called the manufacturer several times to keep on them. Part of the game with custom manufacturing is I am at the mercy of them and they are at the mercy of their vendors for hardening.

Today I placed another order for 5 additional sets due to more orders for this kit. 2 sets are spoken for and 3 will be available as today so if you are reading this and are interested please place the order at www.aftermarketcycles.com.

The chains are in the shop and awaiting sprockets to ship. I assure you that you will all get your sprockets and chain and if you have any questions about this kit please call me directly at 586-524-7888.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Thanks for the update and assurance.

Old July 20th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #54
assripp3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Canada

Motorcycle(s): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order View Post
So here is the deal, I want a 415 chain/sprocket setup but it has to be a group buy so I'm hoping others here will buy into it. One of my sponsors will order if they can get ~8 orders.

This sprocket setup is race proven by tim61 on here. He's won all (4) 250 races with WMRRA this year. I believe the sprocket ratio is close to what you'd get with the stock 520 setup.

If you're interested, buy in and once ~8 are ordered they'll make a single order: http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/str...ocket-set.html

EDIT: This setup requires the 415 chain, I highly suggest buying the 140 link chain! Otherwise you'll need to order 2 415 link chains from another site as they're only 120 links and rivet them together. It's cheaper/easier to purchase the 140 link chain.
ill order one but im in canada so i cant make the order myself can you ship it to me? maybe COD or paypal? email is assripp3r@hotmail.com
assripp3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2011, 07:54 PM   #55
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by assripp3r View Post
ill order one but im in canada so i cant make the order myself can you ship it to me? maybe COD or paypal? email is assripp3r@hotmail.com
Your email address is why I didn't even try to get a job with UPS. Just sayin...

Also, no update, no parts yet... comin up on 3 months

Old July 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM   #56
assripp3r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
Your email address is why I didn't even try to get a job with UPS. Just sayin...

Also, no update, no parts yet... comin up on 3 months
lol that was for paypal so you bill me now and i can buy when your ready

Old July 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM   #57
Order
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (race), 01 Ninja ZX6R (race), 00 Ninja ZX6R (street), 03 R6 (race)

I spoke with Mark today and got the story behind what has been taking so long... Unfortunately the person who is doing the hardening isn't the same person who makes the sprockets and the order was screwed up after a long wait. They've dropped the business who was hardening them for one that has quick turn around. I've been told they should be complete in 7-10 days, this has been entirely out of Mark's hands and I ping him ~5 times a week to get an update. So I think he's tired of hearing from me, I doubt I'm the only person who's calling/texting about them.

Since I know Mark as he's local, I expect to get mine first and I'll post photos/details when I do. I'd expect everyone to have theirs shortly after unless local (Washington.)
Order is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:53 AM   #58
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

ORDER UPDATE:

We have the rear sprockets and chains at the shop and we are waiting on the counter shaft sprockets from the manufacturer who recently informed me that they made a huge mistake and built the wrong tooth front sprockets (that we have been waiting 6 weeks for hardening). I can not express the amount of frustration I have about this because all of you are waiting patiently and now we have to wait another 10-14 days for correct front sprockets to be hardened from a new source that the manufacturer is using. They made 10 front sprockets today and are sending to the hardener right away with a expected turn around of 10 days plus shipping time.

I am ashamed to even have the Aftermarket Cycles name on any of this because this is not how we do business. This has become a huge learning experience on getting custom parts made. I apologize for the wait and if anyone who placed an order wants a refund please call me directly at 586-524-7888 and we can take care if that right away no problem.

On a good note if this works and the new source for hardening can deliver we can get lots more of these made and quickly.

Any questions or concerns please call me directly!

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #59
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

appreciate the update... just hoping to get these on before racing starts back up in sept... haha i like to plan ahead

Old July 26th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #60
assripp3r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
ORDER UPDATE:

We have the rear sprockets and chains at the shop and we are waiting on the counter shaft sprockets from the manufacturer who recently informed me that they made a huge mistake and built the wrong tooth front sprockets (that we have been waiting 6 weeks for hardening). I can not express the amount of frustration I have about this because all of you are waiting patiently and now we have to wait another 10-14 days for correct front sprockets to be hardened from a new source that the manufacturer is using. They made 10 front sprockets today and are sending to the hardener right away with a expected turn around of 10 days plus shipping time.

I am ashamed to even have the Aftermarket Cycles name on any of this because this is not how we do business. This has become a huge learning experience on getting custom parts made. I apologize for the wait and if anyone who placed an order wants a refund please call me directly at 586-524-7888 and we can take care if that right away no problem.

On a good note if this works and the new source for hardening can deliver we can get lots more of these made and quickly.

Any questions or concerns please call me directly!

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles
so you didnt send me an price on paypal? why? cant you ship to canada?

Old July 26th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #61
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by assripp3r View Post
so you didnt send me an price on paypal? why? cant you ship to canada?
you should email/call him directly, you'll probably have more luck.

Old July 27th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #62
assripp3r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
you should email/call him directly, you'll probably have more luck.
I did already, if its the same guys here http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/nin...ocket-set.html

Old August 8th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #63
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

UPDATE:

WHOOOOHOOO! Sprockets are being sent overnight to me tomorrow so pending any issues you should all have your chain and sprockets in the mail by this Friday.

Thank you for your patients and if you need anything else for your bikes please don't think of this transaction when considering average lead times ; )

assripp3r - I sent you an email responding yes I can ship to Canada and I should have enough to send you a set.

Call or email me if you have any questions,

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Old August 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #64
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #65
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the update!
Cool!

Steve and I were just talking about this over the weekend. Can't wait.

Old August 13th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #66
assripp3r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
UPDATE:

WHOOOOHOOO! Sprockets are being sent overnight to me tomorrow so pending any issues you should all have your chain and sprockets in the mail by this Friday.

Thank you for your patients and if you need anything else for your bikes please don't think of this transaction when considering average lead times ; )

assripp3r - I sent you an email responding yes I can ship to Canada and I should have enough to send you a set.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles
could you send me an email or bill it to me now through paypal assripp3r@hotmail.com my address should be on my profile

Old August 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #67
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
UPDATE:

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles
Has anyone received anything or heard from Mark regarding this?

Old August 13th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #68
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowega View Post
Has anyone received anything or heard from Mark regarding this?
Nothin yet in the mail, but hopefully some goodies show up next week!

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #69
sowega
ninjette.org guru

Good luck with the sprocket/chains, fellas. I'm out.

Old August 17th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #70
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Um...anyone receive anything?

I'm starting to get really impatient now.

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #71
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

I emailed him and heres what i got:

"Parts were going to ship Friday but supplier failed me again and his CNC Machine broke. I am mailing chains and front sprockets Wednesday so everyone has something and the rear I am going to ship asap. This guy is a complete idiot and I am taking the heat for it.

Mark "

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #72
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Mark just emailed me back right now and he said he's shipping it Friday. So, which is it?

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #73
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

Latest update

Here is the Timeline of this nightmare:
Proto's get made for racers
Place order for 10 kits told 3-4 weeks
8 weeks later still not made
New hardening company sourced
He shipped me rears - lost in the mail by USPS (August)
Needs to make new rears
Machine breaks down - Parts for machine not in until Friday 8-12
Shipped Fronts - (this week)
Needs to make new rears and will overnight

The guys machine was down, he was remaking the rear's yesterday and was sending overnight to me when he gets them done. I am truly dealing with the most unorganized, lack of professionalism, false promises shop on the planet. They have given me every excuse in the book and has tried to get out of making these. I have continued to deal with this guy because there are limited places that will make custom sprockets in the country.

As always if anyone wants a refund I am more than happy to do so......I will sell all of these because you all have seen what it takes to get them made. Keep in mind this is a completely custom setup.

Thank you for your patience!

Mark

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #74
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

In an effort to keep everyone some what happy I will be extending a 20% off on new orders until September 20th 2011 to any of you who had placed an order for the 415GP sprocket kit and your friends. If you see or need something for your beloved Ninja or anything else call me an I will get you pricing "NO CUSTOM PARTS" lol. We have or can get anything that is made in the industry.

Mark
Aftermarket Cycles

Last futzed with by aftermarketcycles; August 19th, 2011 at 10:24 AM. Reason: add

Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM   #75
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

UPDATE:

I have all the chains, front sprockets and rear sprockets and I will be shipping tomorrow to the following paid orders (who have been extremely patient thank you)

Steven D.
Jonathan H.
Adam G.
David K.
Kirk E.
Tim W.

Items will be shipping tomorrow for Steven and Jonathan others have been contacted about payment, confirmations etc.

Thank you all again for your patience and I appreciate the business,

Mark

Old August 22nd, 2011, 10:52 PM   #76
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

Looks like I will have 3-4 available for purchase first come first serve!

If you are interested (these may not be made again depending on demand) I do have these on hand no waiting

http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/nin...ocket-set.html

Mark

Old August 23rd, 2011, 07:37 PM   #77
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
UPDATE:

I have all the chains, front sprockets and rear sprockets and I will be shipping tomorrow to the following paid orders (who have been extremely patient thank you)

Steven D.
Jonathan H.
Adam G.
David K.
Kirk E.
Tim W.

Items will be shipping tomorrow for Steven and Jonathan others have been contacted about payment, confirmations etc.

Thank you all again for your patience and I appreciate the business,

Mark
Thanks very much for making this happen... after a while haha

Old August 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM   #78
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R

I'll buy a set If you still have a set already made.

Old August 24th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #79
aftermarketcycles
Aftermarket Cycles

Peanut_EOD - Place order online and I will ship out right away

Old August 24th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #80
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R