ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 13th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Speedy3
ninjette.org member

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Speed Triple (Blazing Orange); 2010 Nina 250r (Race Project)

Jetting for performanc with minimal mods

Current Setup

Stock Air
Slip on Leo Vince with baffle
3 turns on the screws **
2 washers on the needles.

I have scoured the data base on kawiforums but I am still left with questions.

My goal is to take a machine that is tuned for fuel efficiency (lean) that has a slip on (leaner, even if only slightly, and make it run a bit richer.

While the database is great for showing different setups, there is VERY minimal information as to HOW those setups are used. Multiple riders explain that jetting a setup like main makes it feel better, but with little explanation of application.

This bike will be ridden most, if not exclusively at the track. So while I want to my bike to fee more powerful, I would like insight to those who have tuned their Ninja to the track needs, while keeping most everything stock to keep a bike eligible to compete in "Stock Competitions".

To those people running a system stock like mine, what did you do with your jets to increase the power to what's capable with an otherwise unmodfied system? And on that note, is a kit necessary, or would I simply purchase jets for such a straight forward setup?

Thanks in advance!
Speedy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2017, 04:18 PM   #2
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 SE 'Booger'

The stock bikes are lean on the bottom and rich on the top. If you install socket head screws for your float bowls, you can swap main jets without having to remove the carbs.

Im running keihn 92s for my mainjets (stock airbox w/ snorkel & stock air filter and full racing exhaust) and it seems to pull cleanly and stronger than the stock 98's. Not the same as your setup but a ref point for you. I need to put mine on a dyno to check the mixture one of these days.

Fwiw - from my interweb research, racers with stock airboxes with snorkels and pump gas seemed to be using 92 or 95 jets. Ive barely ridden mine since reinstalling the snorkel and adding the race exhaust so im not sure what im going to settle on.
Dave Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote