ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 18th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #1
bikermunda
Ninja World YAY

Name: Vik

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Thank you to everyone who suggested me to go with 140/70/17 Tires

Hi ALL,

I will like to say a big thank you to everyone who suggested me to go with BT 45 and 140/70/17 tire on my bike. I put the tire on yesterday and oh my god i am loving my bike and i feel very secure as compared to IRC`s that came stock with the bike

Thank you all once again
bikermunda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Vik - is this the first time you've changed tires? It's one of those things that always feels fantastic. Going from an old tire that is often flatspotted or otherwise changed in profile from new, to a brand new one with a perfectly rounded profile, feels incredible. Even if it's the same exact tire model. It's like riding a new bike.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #3
bikermunda
Ninja World YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Vik - is this the first time you've changed tires? It's one of those things that always feels fantastic. Going from an old tire that is often flatspotted or otherwise changed in profile from new, to a brand new one with a perfectly rounded profile, feels incredible. Even if it's the same exact tire model. It's like riding a new bike.
Yes this is the first time i have changed the tire from DUMB IRC and BT 45 is like a day and night difference. Riding on IRC tire was scary but the first ride i had on BT 45 was like a dream i actually enjoyed riding the bike

Old June 18th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #4
kkim

did you change the front tire, too?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #5
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I really don't get what peoples' problems are with the IRC tire. This is my first bike, and so I don't have anything to base it on, but I don't have any problem with these tires. I truly thought I would, being that I had never heard of them. Then to add to that, I was reading complaints about them left and right. I just don't get it...the things work fine for me; I'm already riding way over the speed limit on some of my favorite roads (not unsafe speeds, just ridiculous speed limits) and I just don't see how another tire would work any better.

Don't get me wrong, I too am going to switch over to the BT-45's when time comes to replace my tires, as they seem to be the most well rounded tire available in the 250's size. I just don't get all the hate for the IRC.
Xoulrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #6
seis gunnar
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R SE Lime Green

This is my first motorcycle too and while the bike seemed a little squirrly at times I figured it was just the bike. I caught a nail after about 700 miles, and purchased a set of Bridgestones. Totally different bike. You can feel the improved grip, and being so early on in my riding; it really improved my confidence about leaning the bike.

When you do change, you'll see what we're talking about.
seis gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:53 PM   #7
bikermunda
Ninja World YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
did you change the front tire, too?
Well i have not changed it but i have placed an order for the front one as well

Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:55 PM   #8
bikermunda
Ninja World YAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
I really don't get what peoples' problems are with the IRC tire. This is my first bike, and so I don't have anything to base it on, but I don't have any problem with these tires. I truly thought I would, being that I had never heard of them. Then to add to that, I was reading complaints about them left and right. I just don't get it...the things work fine for me; I'm already riding way over the speed limit on some of my favorite roads (not unsafe speeds, just ridiculous speed limits) and I just don't see how another tire would work any better.

Don't get me wrong, I too am going to switch over to the BT-45's when time comes to replace my tires, as they seem to be the most well rounded tire available in the 250's size. I just don't get all the hate for the IRC.
Well i am glad your exp with the IRC`s is good but unfortunately alot of people including myself do have issues with the tire and very happy after replacing the them