Notices

Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:14 AM   #8281
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcow87_ View Post
Last weekend I took the Ninja apart to give it a good clean (that didn't last long as you can see), replaced all the fairing bolts with some lovely flat black numbers, and did a repair on the front nose cone, the bike got blown over in the wind last year and left a crack in the plastic.

The final job was to fabricate a little exhaust hanger so I could remove the rear passenger footpegs. A friend of mine's dad has all sorts of goodies in his garage so we even managed to get it powder coated. Really happy with it, I think its come up really nice.

I'll throw some full pics up when it gets ANOTHER clean because its been a filthy week in the UK this week.
Looks good, like a factory original part!

Old May 3rd, 2019, 06:17 AM   #8282
madcow87_
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdad View Post
Looks good, like a factory original part!
Thanks man, really happy how it turned out.

We used the footpeg as a template and just shaped a piece of aliminium to fit nicely. My buddy's dad then dressed the bolts up really nicely and powder coated the finished piece for me.
madcow87_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2019, 11:29 AM   #8283
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Today I rode her about 60mi to some random small town and went into a tavern around 10 this morning, had a water and some popcorn to cool off because it’s a beautiful warm day in IL today. Rode the 60mi back just got home. And then I was just surfing the web and came across a brand new OEM clutch cable for $10 on eBay and bought that. Mine is fine, but I’m sure I’m not the only one who buys spare parts for their bikes. Especially parts that fail the most. My bike is super reliable but you never know and I have spent $10 on a sandwich before lol. So now I got me a new clutch cable. Today was a perfect ride. I literally just got on my bike and left and had no GPS, no idea of where I wanted to go. Just me and the open road. No jacket needed. Great thing is, it’s only May, many more to come! That was a very therapeutic ride.

Old May 16th, 2019, 11:37 AM   #8284
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcow87_ View Post
Last weekend I took the Ninja apart to give it a good clean (that didn't last long as you can see), replaced all the fairing bolts with some lovely flat black numbers, and did a repair on the front nose cone, the bike got blown over in the wind last year and left a crack in the plastic.

The final job was to fabricate a little exhaust hanger so I could remove the rear passenger footpegs. A friend of mine's dad has all sorts of goodies in his garage so we even managed to get it powder coated. Really happy with it, I think its come up really nice.

I'll throw some full pics up when it gets ANOTHER clean because its been a filthy week in the UK this week.
Very nice
I love this thread!

Old May 16th, 2019, 11:46 AM   #8285
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Today I rode her about 60mi to some random small town and went into a tavern around 10 this morning, had a water and some popcorn to cool off because it’s a beautiful warm day in IL today. Rode the 60mi back just got home. And then I was just surfing the web and came across a brand new OEM clutch cable for $10 on eBay and bought that. Mine is fine, but I’m sure I’m not the only one who buys spare parts for their bikes. Especially parts that fail the most. My bike is super reliable but you never know and I have spent $10 on a sandwich before lol. So now I got me a new clutch cable. Today was a perfect ride. I literally just got on my bike and left and had no GPS, no idea of where I wanted to go. Just me and the open road. No jacket needed. Great thing is, it’s only May, many more to come! That was a very therapeutic ride.
You go girl. I rode yesterday and today. Just little runs for a friend of mine. I stopped at a wine making supply store today. Met a really cool guy. I bought a bottle of his home made Carernet Sauvignon. He gave me a sample - a beautiful wine. He also sells beer brewing stuff. I just might get into that again.

Did I ever tell you how much I love this little Ninja? She runs like a Swiss watch.

Cheers,

Uncle Bill

Old May 16th, 2019, 05:15 PM   #8286
Ram Jet

Quote:
Hey A.J. Before you install that clutch cable or even remove/install your old clutch cable E-mail me. billalbertson@mail.com. Got some tips for you.

Uncle Bill

Old May 16th, 2019, 05:50 PM   #8287
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Rode my new 400 up the steet to give our garbage collectors a cash tip. Had taped it to the cam, but they didn't know why it was there so left it on the handle where I put it. And may have picked up a side client in the process. Me being a heavy diesel mechanic.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2019, 06:55 PM   #8288
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
AJ, that sounds like a lovely ride!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2019, 09:10 AM   #8289
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
Hey A.J. Before you install that clutch cable or even remove/install your old clutch cable E-mail me. billalbertson@mail.com. Got some tips for you.

Uncle Bill
Will do Uncle Bill! Is that a new email? Anyway I’ve only taken the clutch cable off to install the shorty’s so when the time comes to install the new clutch cable, unless I’m in a dire crunch for time I will definitely give you a shout. When I bought Lucy and was going through her servicing paper work it appeared she had 3 clutch cable replacements. So for some reason or another that’s something on my bike in particular that seems to fail a lot. However this is my 3rd summer with her (time flies) and I’ve not yet had to replace it. So I’m wondering if it was more operator with the previous owner?

Anyway sounds like you had a blast! I got Lucy out in March so I’ve been riding a solid 2mo now. Lol
Some days were probably a little too cold but I was so ready. Beer brewing huh? I remember my grandpa doing that when I was a kid. It’s actually a very intricate process!

Old May 17th, 2019, 09:11 AM   #8290
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
AJ, that sounds like a lovely ride!
It was amazing. I had a rough night at work the day before so it was much needed. I’m sure you understand. How’s your yellow thunder running? Always really liked looking at the picture of your bike. You definitely don’t see many yellow pre gens on the road anymore. Yours still looks new! What year?

Old May 17th, 2019, 09:17 AM   #8291
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
Rode my new 400 up the steet to give our garbage collectors a cash tip. Had taped it to the cam, but they didn't know why it was there so left it on the handle where I put it. And may have picked up a side client in the process. Me being a heavy diesel mechanic.
Nice! You’re the one that was pricing several different 400’s right? I can’t remember where the thread is but drop a pic for me I want to see it! Your post had me looking at new bikes. I actually test drove a 400 Ninja and a KTM Duke 690. I loved them both and that’s the big issue. I love KTM. But I love Ninjas as well. I think I’m gonna wait another season before I make a decision. I tend to stick with what I know, and that’s the Ninja. I feel like 400cc’s is fine although I’d love something around the 600 mark. Which is why I really wanted an R6. But after riding the Ninja 400 and the KTM, I am no longer interested in the R6. Plus I think they’re overpriced. If I get a 400 I really want an all black. They’re sharp!

Old May 17th, 2019, 09:50 AM   #8292
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Quote:
Nice! You’re the one that was pricing several different 400’s right? I can’t remember where the thread is but drop a pic for me I want to see it! Your post had me looking at new bikes. I actually test drove a 400 Ninja and a KTM Duke 690. I loved them both and that’s the big issue. I love KTM. But I love Ninjas as well. I think I’m gonna wait another season before I make a decision. I tend to stick with what I know, and that’s the Ninja. I feel like 400cc’s is fine although I’d love something around the 600 mark. Which is why I really wanted an R6. But after riding the Ninja 400 and the KTM, I am no longer interested in the R6. Plus I think they’re overpriced. If I get a 400 I really want an all black. They’re sharp!
i am completely happy with the 400. got 400 miles on it and riding it like normal, if it aint broke in yet, then i'll be damn. i figured, at 5k rpm for 100 miles, factoring the speed in, i would have approx 700,000 crankshaft revolutions. sounded like enough time to break it in. lol
the 400 has plenty of power, WAY more than the 250, and WAY lighter than my 650 was. defiantly a happy owner here, and i can be a bit picky at times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 59679897_2267480876802545_5625791044701388800_n.jpg (275.2 KB, 4 views)
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2019, 04:59 PM   #8293
Ram Jet

Quote:
Will do Uncle Bill! Is that a new email? Anyway I’ve only taken the clutch cable off to install the shorty’s so when the time comes to install the new clutch cable, unless I’m in a dire crunch for time I will definitely give you a shout. When I bought Lucy and was going through her servicing paper work it appeared she had 3 clutch cable replacements. So for some reason or another that’s something on my bike in particular that seems to fail a lot. However this is my 3rd summer with her (time flies) and I’ve not yet had to replace it. So I’m wondering if it was more operator with the previous owner?

Anyway sounds like you had a blast! I got Lucy out in March so I’ve been riding a solid 2mo now. Lol
Some days were probably a little too cold but I was so ready. Beer brewing huh? I remember my grandpa doing that when I was a kid. It’s actually a very intricate process!
Hi A.J.

I have NEVER had to replace a clutch cable on any of the 9 motorcycles I've owned - except for the basket cases I rebuilt. When I bought my little 250 in 2017 I almost had to use two hands to pull-in the clutch. None of the previous s.o.bs bothered to lubricate the cable. I lubricated the cable and it's the same one that left Tokyo - no replacement. I lubricate my throttle cable and twist grip also - and my speedometer cable,

Uncle Bill

Last futzed with by Ram Jet; May 17th, 2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2019, 06:18 PM   #8294
CaliGrrl

Quote:
It was amazing. I had a rough night at work the day before so it was much needed. I’m sure you understand. How’s your yellow thunder running? Always really liked looking at the picture of your bike. You definitely don’t see many yellow pre gens on the road anymore. Yours still looks new! What year?
Amazing how a ride settles the mind.

My little girl is a 2006. There's a couple yellow ones out there! I have seen another with my same paint here in L.A. and a guy in our club has an 07.

Old May 19th, 2019, 01:24 AM   #8295
Tooch
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2015 zx10r, 2010 Ducati 848

Finally got the exhaust sorted. M4 from eBay, the exhaust adapter from Ali, and the 80mm springs from Amazon. Talk about a hodgepodge of stuff

Had a friend fab up some different designs of hangers from flat stock to go from the can to the passenger peg. Just have to measure the correct bends then exhausto donzo
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2019, 07:29 AM   #8296
Ram Jet

Nice job. I love your garage door too!

Bill

Old May 19th, 2019, 10:27 AM   #8297
Tooch
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2015 zx10r, 2010 Ducati 848

Haha gosh, thanks! I've worked hard on it!!
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2019, 06:29 PM   #8298
CaliGrrl

Little Ninja and I avoided an oncoming bicyclist. That was interesting. Never had one in my lane that way before. Popping out of a bike lane, sure, but he was coming from the other side!

Getting more comfortable riding. I never would have dreamed it could feel this natural when I started.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCSB-Overlook-LkHughesRd.jpg (95.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SCSB-LakeOverlook.jpg (134.7 KB, 7 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 9th, 2019, 07:00 PM   #8299
Artruck
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ex250 (black), silver 2005 ex250 scrambler, 2003 ex250 donor bike, 2006 kymco people 250

I have been off my bikes for a week and it’s killing me. We are out of the country in a town filled with motorcycles and I’m so jealous. 3 more days.....
Artruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2019, 07:39 PM   #8300
Patricia
ninjette.org member

Name: Patricia

Motorcycle(s): Jezebel: 2007 Kawasaki EX250 & Pearl: Yamaha V Star 650

I hope to be more comfortable as time goes on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Little Ninja and I avoided an oncoming bicyclist. That was interesting. Never had one in my lane that way before. Popping out of a bike lane, sure, but he was coming from the other side!

Getting more comfortable riding. I never would have dreamed it could feel this natural when I started.
Had my Ninja just a month now, and have only been riding motorcycles in general since March. I really hope that with time and practice I will become more comfortable with:
1) riding in rain and strong wind
2) riding on highways 55 mph+
3) riding for long periods of time at highway speeds (to go on a trip, for example)
4) riding in dense city traffic on streets (this one I actually do most days on my commutes to and from work, but I would be lying if I said I'm truly "comfortable")
5) tight corners, tight U-turns
6) riding at night

This summer I want to take a road trip up to northern Minnesota from where I live in St. Paul. My planned destination is about 4 hours by interstate, but I will be seeking some back roads and smaller highways. I hope I can do this!

This article is an inspiration.

-Patricia
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2019, 07:33 PM   #8301
AbleOpus
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Re

Did some really poor attempts at rev-matching, so wear and tear on its transmissions I guess.
AbleOpus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2019, 09:04 PM   #8302
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbleOpus View Post
Did some really poor attempts at rev-matching, so wear and tear on its transmissions I guess.
Trans should be fine, wears clutch due to difference between engine-speed vs. wheel-speed. Luckily, clutch can be replaced in 15-min for $40.

Keep on practicing!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2019, 10:13 AM   #8303
littlejackal
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Boone

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250; 2018 Ninja 650

Replaced PO’s chewed up front/rear sprockets.

Unfortunately I wasn’t thinking ahead and pulled the chain before removing the engine sprocket. I ended up putting the chain back and wrapping it around enough that the sprockets held while I wrenched the hell out of that nut.

Didn’t actually reinstall the new chain because I’m taking my wheels to the shop to get tires swapped out next week. Hopefully that’s easy enough to reinstall.
littlejackal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2019, 02:21 PM   #8304
1994Ninja250F
‘94 Rider

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): 1994 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F

Hand-wash with a gentle hose spray, followed up with some Meguiars wax I use on my car.

Then of course, test ride thoroughly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190618_203623030_iOS.jpg (219.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20190618_203719879_iOS.jpg (222.3 KB, 5 views)
1994Ninja250F is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2019, 05:33 PM   #8305
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

Rode it
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2019, 01:00 PM   #8306
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Put new EBC rotors on the bike, new brake pads, and cleaned the calipers.
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2019, 04:44 PM   #8307
CaliGrrl

Husband replaced my rear tire and I learned it's easier to put the axle in from the right hand side instead of the left like we'd been doing it. Went riding to scrub in the new tire.

Old August 16th, 2019, 05:43 PM   #8308
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturncal View Post
Put new EBC rotors on the bike, new brake pads, and cleaned the calipers.
What rotor and pads did you mount?

Some months ago, I mounted a
EBC MD4166XC Full Floating Contour Rotor

and I installed a new set of Vesrah RJL pads.

I was running stock before and I'm happy with the new set up. I only did the front.
May do the rear in the future, but they are low priority on the list.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2019, 11:37 PM   #8309
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
What rotor and pads did you mount?

Some months ago, I mounted a
EBC MD4166XC Full Floating Contour Rotor

and I installed a new set of Vesrah RJL pads.

I was running stock before and I'm happy with the new set up. I only did the front.
May do the rear in the future, but they are low priority on the list.
I got the cheapest EBC rotors, the EBC contour stainless steel (not floating ones) on the front, and EBC FA197HH sintered pads on the front and rear. I kept the stock rotor on the rear, it's still got tons of meat left. I'm still breaking em in, so I haven't done hard braking with em, but having had the sintered EBC pads on my front before with Galfer SS lines made the brakes feel amazing.

Personally I like having the Galfer SS lines with ebc sintered rear, but I will say they make the rear really sensitive and I can see how if one doesn't practice braking with em they can easily lock the rear up.

How do you like the full floating ones? I use my 250 primarily for city riding and didn't want to drop $300+ on the full floating ones.
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2019, 06:23 AM   #8310
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturncal View Post
I got the cheapest EBC rotors, the EBC contour stainless steel (not floating ones) on the front, and EBC FA197HH sintered pads on the front and rear. I kept the stock rotor on the rear, it's still got tons of meat left. I'm still breaking em in, so I haven't done hard braking with em, but having had the sintered EBC pads on my front before with Galfer SS lines made the brakes feel amazing.

Personally I like having the Galfer SS lines with ebc sintered rear, but I will say they make the rear really sensitive and I can see how if one doesn't practice braking with em they can easily lock the rear up.

How do you like the full floating ones? I use my 250 primarily for city riding and didn't want to drop $300+ on the full floating ones.
I went from stock to EBC/Vesrah, so I can't compare the full vs semi floating. The difference with stock was noticeable, even for me, not the most sensible rider.
I can tell they brake more and the feeling is different. I feel they need to warm up a bit, maybe because of those pads, I don't know. Probably those sintered pads of yours need some warm up time too.
I ride street and track. I don't touch the rear brake on the track, and for the street, stocks are fine for me.

I got the SS lines, but I didn't mount them yet. Hopefully soon.

Old January 23rd, 2020, 07:36 AM   #8311
Topaz
ninjette.org member

^^ The Vesrah RJL pads don't seem to last long though. I installed them a bit under 2000 miles ago and about six track days, and they look thin already. They may last 1000 miles more I guess.

I may try the EBC next hoping for them to last longer and get a better feeling than the stock pads.

Old January 23rd, 2020, 07:49 AM   #8312
Topaz
ninjette.org member

I replaced the chain with a D.I.D 520VX2 X-Ring.($59)

New chain feels good (as always)

It came with a clip master link so I decided to give it a try. Went for short low speed ride and it was ok. Then I got into the highway and sped up. The first time I stopped to check, the clip was gone.

Now I ordered a rivet master link.($13)

I wanted to get a chain tool too. I was going to get the D.I.D. pro tool ($90), and last minute I decided to try the cheap Chinese ABN branded tool for $20. The difference in price is big that I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. If it lasts one or two chains, I guess it's paid off.

Funny thing about the D.I.D. tool is that it's very compact and they are proud about that and claim that is a tool you can carry around, but then it requires you to have a huge 27mm wrench (which I don't have cause I never needed such a tool)
Also, on top of the $90 of the tool itself, there was an extra $10-$15 to get the big wrench.

Second good option was the Motion Pro Jumbo tool ($115). The reviews on Amazon are slightly better on the D.I.D., but the Motion Pro doesn't require the big wrench.

Old January 24th, 2020, 08:18 AM   #8313
justanotherone1
ninjette.org member

Name: Cyril

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 EX x2, 07" CBR600RR, 09"SFV 650 Gladius

I replaced the front 14T sprocket with a 15T sprocket. Holy crap she feels so much better cruising on the highway at 70-80...
justanotherone1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2020, 09:43 AM   #8314
BAZININJA
ninjette.org member

Name: Lori

Motorcycle(s): 2018 NINJA 650 ABS KRT

Although not directly done to my Ninjette, I'm cleaning dormer closets and found a pair of green overboots I forgot I had squirreled away, an unopened faceshield from three helmets ago that I'm going to see about getting store credit for at my local Kawi dealer; and the original unused faceshield from my totaled Arai--that should be worth a few bucks on eBay. I ought to clean closets more often--It's like Christmas up here! And because we're getting our annual snowfall here in the Ozarks today, it looks like Christmas outside. Pretty ironic--on Christmas it was 69*!
BAZININJA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2020, 02:43 PM   #8315
justanotherone1
ninjette.org member

Name: Cyril

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 EX x2, 07" CBR600RR, 09"SFV 650 Gladius

Finally got around to exhaust wrapping my headers. Anyone else notice any difference it makes? I mean theoretically its "supposed" to increase engine efficiency through improving the EGS (Exhaust Gas Scavenging). All I've noticed is that it takes a lot less time to heat up for obvious reasons which means I don't have to run the choke that long or at all sometimes. I live in CA and sometimes it's gets to 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
justanotherone1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2020, 04:29 PM   #8316
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

Swapped the bent right handlebar. The PO didn't notice it. It was hitting the fairing at not-even full lock and the throttle was binding up. Lucky he didn't crash.

Also, started digging into the turn signal wiring since the left front isn't working. So, the connectors are wrapped in duct tape. That's ok, right..... If anyone has a couple spare female oem turn signal connectors or a bar end screw, please let me know (red locktite makes them a pain to remove without damage).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3490.jpg (91.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3492.jpg (70.4 KB, 3 views)
pjed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2020, 05:55 PM   #8317
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

Installed EBC HH pads in the front.

Old November 28th, 2020, 10:59 PM   #8318
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjed View Post
Swapped the bent right handlebar. The PO didn't notice it. It was hitting the fairing at not-even full lock and the throttle was binding up. Lucky he didn't crash.

Also, started digging into the turn signal wiring since the left front isn't working. So, the connectors are wrapped in duct tape. That's ok, right..... If anyone has a couple spare female oem turn signal connectors or a bar end screw, please let me know (red locktite makes them a pain to remove without damage).
You can also order new female turn-signal connector here:
https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.p...category_id=49
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 29th, 2020, 10:14 AM   #8319
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
You can also order new female turn-signal connector here:
https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.p...category_id=49
Thanks, I lucked out was actually able to find of couple of these connectors on a spare/hacked-up harness I have for a ZRX. Good to have the link just in case.

Old November 29th, 2020, 10:19 AM   #8320
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Popped off the tail fairing and found a strange mod where someone put a metal, brush painted, panel in the undertray behind the ECU. Also, one of the signal wires looks like it got chewed up by something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3493.jpg (120.8 KB, 3 views)

Last futzed with by pjed; November 29th, 2020 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added pic.