Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old November 14th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #1
DeltaFoxtrotZulu
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Thumbs up My First Wave

Sure I'd seen them out there. I'd always admire their sleek lines, the sound of their engines, thinking one day that might be me. But time passed and dreams were put on hold or forgotten.

Whenever I heard one of them roaring by, my eyes would almost certainly seek for the source of the siren song. I knew where all the local dealers were and I'd often find my routes would lead me past one or another. Sometimes I'd work up enough courage to go inside. "Please sir, can I sit on this one?"

I'd drive the curves in my car. It was fun, but not as fun as it should be. I'd end up at famous motorcycle haunts and feel like an interloper. I didn't belong here. I wasn't one of them. Ooh look at that one!

One day I'd had enough. No more excuses. I took a class. My first taste of what was to come. That two days of riding was exhilarating. For two days I thought I was finally one of them, but on Monday morning I had to admit I wasn't. I was just still a pretender.

To become a real member of the group I needed bike of my own. I asked around. I went to dealers with courage now. I know how to ride now. I'm almost one of you. But they knew, they knew. I was more confident now. I'll sit on this one and this one. My heart said get the red one, get the fast one. Damn the cost. Damn the safety. But my brain finally won the battle and chose the right bike for me.

She arrived early in the morning. Just waiting there on the street begging to be ridden. But I failed her. I wasn't ready yet. I'd rushed out to greet her before I was properly dressed. I wheeled her into the garage. Shaking my head at my temerity. I had a bike, but I wasn't one of them yet.

Finally properly dressed I threw my leg over her and begged for forgiveness. She fired up and purred in response. A twist of the grip and we were off. I was finally riding my own bike on the streets. I was finally one of them, right?

Then there it was. I wasn't expecting it. I'd heard about it. I'd used to do it to people that drove the same car as me. I could see him coming from the opposite direction. His hand came off the grips and he waved. Without hesitation, without even a conscious thought, my hand came off the bars and I waved back.

There it was. The confirmation I'd been seeking. I really was one of them.

(Originally posted this on Reddit. How does one decide what to split between 3 different Ninja 300 forums and other motorcycle groups?)
DeltaFoxtrotZulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFoxtrotZulu View Post
How does one decide what to split between 3 different Ninja 300 forums and other motorcycle groups?)
You forget the other two, silly.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

Here's your second wave <wave> lol. It fun to be one of the motorcycle riders out there. Enjoy and be safe

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #4
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFoxtrotZulu View Post

There it was. The confirmation I'd been seeking. I really was one of them.

(Originally posted this on Reddit. How does one decide what to split between 3 different Ninja 300 forums and other motorcycle groups?)
A feeling of Camaraderie, a brotherhood if you will. I remember how cool I felt when I got my first wave. I still smile a great smile when a waive goes flawlessly. And still chant my curses at those who don't waive back. Lol.

Welcome to the forums, and more so, the life style. Was a nice read by the way.

Mods: flushmount Led front binkers, diode mod, pazzo levers, clear tank pad, racing replica grips, bike monkeys integrated tal light, zx-2r vinyls, rearsets, red bar ends, and more red accented stuff.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

Quote:
How does one decide what to split between 3 different Ninja 300 forums and other motorcycle groups?)
There is only one little Ninja site "Ninjette.org" ! lol. Actually this is my favorite site. I belong to Harley, Goldwing, a two other Kawi sites, but I keep coming back here. I really enjoy the people, useful information, and silliness on this site. It feels more like family than the other sites.

Old November 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM   #6
NinjetteNewfie
ninjette.org member

Name: Melissa

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Congrats on the bike and your first wave!! Don't bother wasting your time at other ninjette forums, this is where its at BTW great post, I enjoyed reading it

Old November 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #7
ChrisCusi
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 (Black)

Haha that was a good read! I can't wait to get my own. I'm vowing by the end of the winter. Somebody hold me to it. :P
ChrisCusi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #8
LT505
ninjette.org member

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Haha enjoyed reading that. I just got my first wave last week. It was pretty awesome not going to lie.
LT505 is offline   Reply With Quote