Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

"Dont get a bike, i dont want you to die."

"Don't get a motorcycle, I don't want you to die." Is a more then common phrase I'm hearing from my friends. As for my parents, their way of dealing with it, is by telling me everytime a motorcycle related death occures. Just recently a motorcycle crashed down the street from my house, apparently he was speeding and a car infront of him stopped to turn into a drive way and he crashed into the back. Heard this today sadly.

But that's not what this thread is about. I'm ok with my parents telling me the stories. But its my friends that are really starting to grind my gears. I ignore them for the most part, but when people constantly say don't get a bike because I don't want you to die, it drives me nuts.

So, how do you cope with these people? I understand they care, but after a while it is tireing.
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Merc250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Murad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Yamaha FZ6R

funny thing is I was reading that article today, same **** was going thru my mind. I mean if you fear death then don't step out the door, you're bound to die in your own home from a heart attack or sudden death. I get mainly cool things from friends about my bike, but the parents are a different story lol.

BTW there was another motorcycle accident yesterday too. Dude ran away from the cops, lost control and plowed into the back of a van doing 100mph.

Best thing to do honestly is try avoiding congested areas, don't speed at all 0 times. take back roads and avoid driving at night if you can. otherwise just be safe and be careful
Merc250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
cite statistics that show more pedestrians are killed each year than motorcyclists

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #4
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Statistically, they're right. A kid of your age riding a bike is significantly more likely to die/get injured than otherwise. However, if you listened to conventional wisdom you would live a safe, dull life driving your hybrid to and fro, smugly swinging your man purse to jostle your latte.

Riding a motorcylce is inherently more dangerous than driving a car. Ironically this is precisely because of the morons that do drive cages will murder you without a second thought.

However, you can reduce your risk significantly by taking proper precautions. But not matter what you do, you wont reduce the risk totally. Trust me, when you do get a bike, there will be days when you will be almost scared into quitting riding. Utlimately, the decision is up to you - do you enjoy the activity enough to constantly manage the risk?
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Linuss
ninjette.org guru

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I get this all the time considering my career (Paramedic). Often it's like "Doesn't your job teach you not to do that?"

My reply?

"My job teaches me how short life is, and to enjoy it."
Linuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #6
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

"ignore" "get your bike" "get educated(proper riding technique, proper gear )" "ride safe"
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
Statistically, they're right. A kid of your age riding a bike is significantly more likely to die/get injured than otherwise. However, if you listened to conventional wisdom you would live a safe, dull life driving your hybrid to and fro, smugly swinging your man purse to jostle your latte.

Riding a motorcylce is inherently more dangerous than driving a car. Ironically this is precisely because of the morons that do drive cages will murder you without a second thought.

However, you can reduce your risk significantly by taking proper precautions. But not matter what you do, you wont reduce the risk totally. Trust me, when you do get a bike, there will be days when you will be almost scared into quitting riding. Utlimately, the decision is up to you - do you enjoy the activity enough to constantly manage the risk?
edit: statistically i can't read for crap.

check out these cool stats:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc...statistics.htm

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc250r View Post
BTW there was another motorcycle accident yesterday too. Dude ran away from the cops, lost control and plowed into the back of a van doing 100mph.
We may be talking about ithe same article, unless there were two stories of people crashing into the back of cars.

And that's what I tell my parents. Me getting on a motorcycle is no different then me getting in a car. If its my time, it'll happen one way or another. People die in ar crashes all the time sadly.

The statistics idea is a good idea. Thanks. I remember hearing m13 talk about how america isn't the top dangerous place for motorcycles, which is a good thing lol.

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #9
Too40gawlf
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Super Sherpa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
edit: statistically i can't read for crap.

check out these cool stats:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcyc...statistics.htm

http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx
Actually, you didnt understand what I was saying.

A late teens/early 20s kid on a sportbike is more likely to get injured or killed than driving a car. For example, of 1,000 sportbike riders in that demographic X number will die or get injured. That 'X' will be higher than the X number of 1,000 drivers of the same demographic.
Too40gawlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #10
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too40gawlf View Post
Actually, you didnt understand what I was saying.

A late teens/early 20s kid on a sportbike is more likely to get injured or killed than driving a car. For example, of 1,000 sportbike riders in that demographic X number will die or get injured. That 'X' will be higher than the X number of 1,000 drivers of the same demographic.
yeah thats why i said i can't read for crap xD realized what you were saying after i posted

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM   #11
Mr.E
That rider dude.

I think he may of understood what you were saying but has a point himself. You're saying I'm young so more likely to be risky especially on a sports bike. But he is saying that is true, but people within the age range he posted are even at a higher risk.it was in proficient motorcycling (the book). Young ones are the 2nd worse. But I do agree. Most kids my age are pretty risky which makes sense why people are saying what they say.

Edit: nvm I lied. Lol. You guys are too quick for my litte 4g phone to reply lol

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #12
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
You can explain that in multiple studies on the cause of motorcycle accidents, an overwhelming majority of accidents are caused by the error of the rider. While there are exceptions, you are largely in control of whether you are in an accident or not. For every 100 fatal motorcycle accidents, 82 involve clear rider error. Of the remaining 18 where the driver did something wrong, a careful rider STILL could have avoided the accident in about 2/3 of them. Leaving only 6 out of 100 that aren't preventable if you are smart.

There are three major studies I'm aware of: The Hurt Report, the MAIDS Study and an NHTSA study. I've summarized them in my blog. There are some easy conclusions to draw from the studies that can make you much, much safer. Once you review the studies and come up with ways you can ride safely, and talk about it with people who are warning you, I think your friends and family might see you are taking it seriously and understand that riding risks can be managed to a lower level. Here are some things you can do to SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your risk, as supported by scientific study of the cause of accidents:

*Take a course on motorcycle safety. (92% of those in accidents were self-taught or learned from friends.)
*Wear ATGATT. Strap your helmet.
*Don't drink and ride. (67% of fatal motorcycle accidents involved alcohol.)
*Wear bright clothing. (White helmets reduced accidents by 37% over dark ones.)
*Don't speed. (Speeding motorcycle 7x more likely to cause death than speeding car.)
*Don't ride like an idiot and learn from mistakes. (1/2 of those killed had prior incidents. Of all fatal accidents, 27 percent were the cyclist driving too fast for conditions, 15 percent failure to keep in proper lane or running off the road, and 5 percent operating in reckless manner.)
*Get a license and keep it up to date. (24% of motorcyclists killed didn't have licenses.)
*Slow down for intersections. Of the small percentage that were the driver's fault, 2/3 were failure to yield right of way in an intersection. Knowing this (and knowing that the ninjette can slow from 30mph to zero in the width of one intersection) you can avoid most of the "Sorry, I didn't see you" accidents. Be very careful in intersections, and don't go more than 30mph if there is a risk of someone pulling out.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #13
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Since I started riding I went to a funeral every year for six years . Last year was the first year no one I was close to died. Statistics are one thing .But when it is a close friend it just really sucks.
Racer x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #14
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hmm... this is absolutely true. although i too have had too many motorcyclists i know die, i can say the same about cars. in fact many more people i know have been seriously injured or killed in cars than on bikes... 2 people in my family have been permanently impaired because of car accidents, only 1 has been impaired from motorbike accidents. lucky for me noone in my family has been killed by a vehicle so far.
actually now that i think about it most of the accidents i can think of were caused from alcohol either on the person crashing into them's fault or the driver's fault... hmm... don't drink and drive.

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #15
Merc250r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
We may be talking about ithe same article, unless there were two stories of people crashing into the back of cars.

And that's what I tell my parents. Me getting on a motorcycle is no different then me getting in a car. If its my time, it'll happen one way or another. People die in ar crashes all the time sadly.

The statistics idea is a good idea. Thanks. I remember hearing m13 talk about how america isn't the top dangerous place for motorcycles, which is a good thing lol.
where in orlando do you live?

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #16
Merc250r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
You can explain that in multiple studies on the cause of motorcycle accidents, an overwhelming majority of accidents are caused by the error of the rider. While there are exceptions, you are largely in control of whether you are in an accident or not. For every 100 fatal motorcycle accidents, 82 involve clear rider error. Of the remaining 18 where the driver did something wrong, a careful rider STILL could have avoided the accident in about 2/3 of them. Leaving only 6 out of 100 that aren't preventable if you are smart.

There are three major studies I'm aware of: The Hurt Report, the MAIDS Study and an NHTSA study. I've summarized them in my blog. There are some easy conclusions to draw from the studies that can make you much, much safer. Once you review the studies and come up with ways you can ride safely, and talk about it with people who are warning you, I think your friends and family might see you are taking it seriously and understand that riding risks can be managed to a lower level. Here are some things you can do to SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your risk, as supported by scientific study of the cause of accidents:

*Take a course on motorcycle safety. (92% of those in accidents were self-taught or learned from friends.)
*Wear ATGATT. Strap your helmet.
*Don't drink and ride. (67% of fatal motorcycle accidents involved alcohol.)
*Wear bright clothing. (White helmets reduced accidents by 37% over dark ones.)
*Don't speed. (Speeding motorcycle 7x more likely to cause death than speeding car.)
*Don't ride like an idiot and learn from mistakes. (1/2 of those killed had prior incidents. Of all fatal accidents, 27 percent were the cyclist driving too fast for conditions, 15 percent failure to keep in proper lane or running off the road, and 5 percent operating in reckless manner.)
*Get a license and keep it up to date. (24% of motorcyclists killed didn't have licenses.)
*Slow down for intersections. Of the small percentage that were the driver's fault, 2/3 were failure to yield right of way in an intersection. Knowing this (and knowing that the ninjette can slow from 30mph to zero in the width of one intersection) you can avoid most of the "Sorry, I didn't see you" accidents. Be very careful in intersections, and don't go more than 30mph if there is a risk of someone pulling out.
very good advice especially the last part as soon as I get to an intersection where I know a car will pull i'll either switch to the middle lane otherwise I'll just drive slow so what if people get mad and get in front of me

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM   #17
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Within 2 days of when you get your bike, your friends are gonna want one too... never fails
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #18
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Quote:
where in orlando do you live?
Down on econ near valencia college east campus. Pretty close to the kawasaki dealership lol

And thanks for the advice floyd. I've got all of those down already so It will be a good come back to tell friends statistic wise.

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #19
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

Motorycles ARE dangerous. It is a FACT. I have had dozens of "oh #@!!" moments. I have sold several bikes because of a bad scare. Somehow someway I am still here. After quitting for a year or so, I get the fever to get back on. I am a motocycle junkie. I will need my fix sooner or later. Be prepared to meet your maker cause it could very well happen. This is a dangerous hobby/ mode of transportation. Be as careful as you can, get all the experience training that you can, wear the right gear. Hope for the best plan for the worst.... then ride.

Old July 24th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #20
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Here in my little city of 1 million, the following have occurred in the past 2 summers:

- Husband and wife standing on a corner downtown waiting for a bus when a slightly retarded kid, driving his LEFT hand Skyline a little too fast takes the corner and mis-judges. Kills the couple.

- A group of pedal bikers are at a stop light and get plowed into by a driver not paying attention.

- Stupid cage driver is trying to make a left-hand turn. Rather than wait for the big 18 wheeler (who has the right of-way) to pass, she decides to go for it. Her mini-van (and child) and herself are creamed.

- If I go back to when I was living in Calgary, people were getting smucked all the time by the commuter train cause they were listening to their ipods and didn't hear the train as they were crossing the track.

- the kid who drowned in his parents pool.

I bring up all these examples and say "so what's your point?" Then I tell them about how I went sky diving this summer.

Old July 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #21
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
ignore them. get license. ride a ton to get lots of experience. give them rides. make them realise holy S$&T this is so worth the risk! then you'll notice that they start buying bikes and asking you for help to get them. problem solved
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #22
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

My mom hasn't spoken a word to me since I bought mine a little over a month and a half ago
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #23
Merc250r
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
My mom hasn't spoken a word to me since I bought mine a little over a month and a half ago

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #24
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
So, if God forbid, something should happen to you, or worse, how will she feel then? I don't understand that.

I am a parent. I have a daddy's girl. It is her life and while I am obviously still giving her plenty of guidance and telling her what she can and can't do, being that she is still under legal age and in my care, one day she will grow up. She will make choices that do not please me, as I made choices that did not please my parents. That is life.

I hope your mom comes around, sooner than later. Life is too short. I had a falling out with my father for no good reason when I was much younger. Thankfully, it has been resolved. But I didn't speak to him for years. We lost a lot of time. I hope that does not happen to you.

Make sure you let your mom know you are wearing gear and riding carefully. Be sure to tell her you have (or will) take a safety course. Bring her information that shows how so many other things we do, and take for granted can be just as dangerous as riding. Good luck.

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #25
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Same here, the times we do talk its all about how the bike is so bad and is a big problem

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #26
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
So, if God forbid, something should happen to you, or worse, how will she feel then? I don't understand that.

I am a parent. I have a daddy's girl. It is her life and while I am obviously still giving her plenty of guidance and telling her what she can and can't do, being that she is still under legal age and in my care, one day she will grow up. She will make choices that do not please me, as I made choices that did not please my parents. That is life.

I hope your mom comes around, sooner than later. Life is too short. I had a falling out with my father for no good reason when I was much younger. Thankfully, it has been resolved. But I didn't speak to him for years. We lost a lot of time. I hope that does not happen to you.

Make sure you let your mom know you are wearing gear and riding carefully. Be sure to tell her you have (or will) take a safety course. Bring her information that shows how so many other things we do, and take for granted can be just as dangerous as riding. Good luck.
I actually wanted to say this and be like, "If you're really so adamant about the fact that I'm going to die because I bought a motorcycle, is this really how you want to spend whatever time I have left?" I decided against it

I'm glad you were able to get things resolved with your father.

Old July 25th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #27
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Many people I know aren't fit to ride, period. I would tell these people not to buy a bike.
In fact most people I know.
They'd be dead first ride, MSF or not.

I rode everything two wheels since I could walk. I just thought a motorcycle was only a matter of time..

If it kills me I died doing something I love and it was worth it.
Not everyone knows you have to learn to ride a motorcycle before you do. Not everyone has the chance to know MSF exists and it could have saved their life.

Somebody will buy their first bike used tomorrow with no clue and die on it.

Not saying I didn't know, but, you know.
Sh*t happens.

Very experienced riders die every day too.
Motorcycles are no joke and are not for the faint of heart.

Chances are (IMO) 100% that you will get knocked down if you have no prior experience with 2 wheels before you get on a street machine. MSF or not. The percentage that something can go wrong is still very high even if you have prior two wheel experience.

I always heard there is a 50% chance you don't make it home from each one of your rides.
I have no idea if it's true or not but sounds about right if you don't know how to ride.

I rode two wheel everything for years and years and still crashed on the street afterward.

I see why some people only want scooters legal. I disagree, but I see why.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #28
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
I always heard there is a 50% chance you don't make it home from each one of your rides. ...
I want you to think this one through. I'm 100% sure it's not true.

Statistically speaking, you wouldn't last a week at that rate.

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #29
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post
I want you to think this one through. I'm 100% sure it's not true.

Statistically speaking, you wouldn't last a week at that rate.
Technically, it is true. For any given ride there are only two outcomes:

1) You make it home.
2) You don't make it home.

You not making it home is 50% of the options available . Of course this applies to everything as soon as you leave your home of course.

Old July 25th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #30
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I don't have to think it through. The point is not weather it is true. I know all too well what it means.

The point is, think about it that way when you leave the garage on your bike.
These machines are to be respected and feared.
I believe only then can you get good at them!

They have the power to F* even the greatest of riders in an instant.
There is cause for alarm.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #31
Vegedurden
ninjette.org member

Name: Vege

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r

Quote:
Technically, it is true. For any given ride there are only two outcomes:

1) You make it home.
2) You don't make it home.

You not making it home is 50% of the options available . Of course this applies to everything as soon as you leave your home of course.
I suppose you're making a joke but the fact that there are only 2 options doesn't mean they're equally probable. The universe would be a lot stranger if that was the case. Tomorrow morning, you could either wake up at the same place you fell asleep or not. Does that mean 50% of the time you'll have teleported while asleep...?

So the statement was not true. Especially not technically speaking :P
(Edited for spelling)
Vegedurden is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #32
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
So, how do you cope with these people? I understand they care, but after a while it is tireing.
Have you told them this yet? If they're friends then they'll know that it's time to STFU. If they don't, then they're not really your friends, they're a bunch of people who want to control your life. You have parents for that.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #33
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
These machines are to be respected and feared.
I believe only then can you get good at them!

They have the power to F* even the greatest of riders in an instant.
There is cause for alarm.
Amen brother, Preach it.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #34
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Name: Chaos

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX-6r, 2010 250r (RIP)

don't know about you guys, but on top of "your gonna die cause u ride a bike" i get a lot of "get a real bike, you know, a harley" i think that one pisses me off even more. i usually respond with something like oh yea, cause i want a bike that will break down every 3 years and overheat in traffic on a hot summer day...
ChaosFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #35
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegedurden View Post
I suppose you're making a joke but the fact that there are only 2 options doesn't mean they're equally probable. The universe would be a lot stranger if that was the case. Tomorrow morning, you could either wake up at the same place you fell asleep or not. Does that mean 50% of the time you'll have teleported while asleep...?
schroeder's cat.

But yes. Although there are two possible outcomes, that does not mean they are equal in the percentage they will happen. That's where statistics *shudders* come into play. Rolling a dice does not garuntee you a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a "3"

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #36
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFromAbove View Post
don't know about you guys, but on top of "your gonna die cause u ride a bike" i get a lot of "get a real bike, you know, a harley" i think that one pisses me off even more. i usually respond with something like oh yea, cause i want a bike that will break down every 3 years and overheat in traffic on a hot summer day...
That, and I'm pretty sure our bikes will out accelerate a Harley and turn tighter.

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #37
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Name: Chaos

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX-6r, 2010 250r (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSR View Post
That, and I'm pretty sure our bikes will out accelerate a Harley and turn tighter.
that's for damn sure. I was actually in PA with a few of my friends 2 months ago and we were riding a twisty road when this harley rider was going too fast for the turn and ended up in our lane and almost took myself and another friend out...i flipped him off mid turn of course lol
ChaosFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #38
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Quote:
Rolling a dice does not garuntee you a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a "3"
? I was under the impression that this is exactly true.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #39
HypnoKhaos
Deep inside...your mind..

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja Zx6r 636

Quote:
schroeder's cat.

But yes. Although there are two possible outcomes, that does not mean they are equal in the percentage they will happen. That's where statistics *shudders* come into play. Rolling a dice does not garuntee you a 1 in 6 chance of rolling a "3"
Robert Anton Wilson

Old July 25th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #40
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
Same here, the times we do talk its all about how the bike is so bad and is a big problem
At least your mom knows you have a bike...

I had tattoo's for a few years that my mom didn't know about and then when she finally found out she just said she felt 'dissapointed' but after a few days and a lot of sweet talking she forgot all about them and went back to her old self...

I haven't told her about the bike yet because she's on vacation but I plan on telling her in person when I visit her again. If I can, I'd like to show up to her house on the bike and tell her that way

She'll be worried and concerned but I know how to talk to her and remind her that I am being very safe and responsible and I know she'll be okay with it after a few days.

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote