ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #41
nixthewiz
ninjette.org member

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Some guy in my class called my bike a "Baby Ninja" when I told him I ride a 250. The guy doesn't ride so I don't give a damn.

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #42
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post

I can beat pretty much any car off the line, but at full throttle, those same cars will beat me down the line.
Exactly. Thats what Ive been saying as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixthewiz View Post
Some guy in my class called my bike a "Baby Ninja" when I told him I ride a 250. The guy doesn't ride so I don't give a damn.
lol it is a baby ninja. That doesnt insult me at all.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #43
nixthewiz
ninjette.org member

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Exactly. Thats what Ive been saying as well...

lol it is a baby ninja. That doesnt insult me at all.
Let me quote him "250? That's slow. That's like a baby Ninja". Slow in a straight line maybe...

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #44
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixthewiz View Post
Let me quote him "250? That's slow. That's like a baby Ninja". Slow in a straight line maybe...
lol meh it is pretty slow, but yeah for sure it is flickable in the canyons and such

Its little but agile

but yeah its hard to take what guys who dont ride seriously... wtf do they know? what theyve read on the interwebs... psshhh

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #45
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

a 250 will also corner faster than most bikes so whatever.

Old September 29th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #46
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
a 250 will also corner faster than most bikes so whatever.
The 250 is the only sportbike Ive ridden extensively, so Im not going to say anything like that since I have no experience...

Old September 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #47
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

I find these threads entertaining and I love reading various opinions. But like some other old fart mentioned I couldn't care less about what others think concerning what I ride. I often refer to my 250 as a baby Ninja, or Ninjette and maybe now I'll include "My Girl Bike"..I have the Ninjette and 2 large performance bikes. All are great fun and my HP ranges from 25 to about 145. You'll not find me hooting about the Ninjett's acceleration but you will hear me saying its my commuter of choice that corners like a dream, looks good, is well engineered and has a tremendous fun factor...and sufficient power to keep up with traffic even on the freeway. I love my "Girls Bike" and I think that's what I'll name it.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #48
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

if i ever get into an argument like that, i would just walk away

ppl have their own opinions and will strongly stick to it
no point trying to persuade them otherwise

now if they start calling me a nancy boy, thats when i would invite them to a canyon run or better yet a track day
maybe loser reimburses winner for track day costs
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #49
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
i would invite them to a canyon run or better yet a track day
maybe loser reimburses winner for track day costs
This works very well, I have used this line myself......I proved my point once to the guy on a offramp by passing him on the inside while dragging my knee in the gravel. when we stopped I said "Work your way thru the novice group at a trackday and call me. Then we will go out in I-group and Ill prove to ya that its the rider not the machine." Needless to say he didnt have much to say after that.

Dont take it to heart. 95% of "that" crowd cant ride anyway, They are squids. Those of us who have done a few laps at a track and are in the know, dont make fun of the size. Our first question is "have you tried it on the track??? how does it do??"
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #50
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Because of the engine design of the ninja, it just isnt comparable in aspects like 1/4 mile and 0-60 to cars that have 4-6 cylinders. I'll give you an example of a "race" I had the other day.

I was getting onto the freeway and there was a BMW next to me that was revving his engine and moving forward and backward, he was ready to show me what his BMW could do . So, we take off, both of us full throttle, first and second gear, I was well ahead of him, as third gear rolled around my guess is we were accelerating at around the same speed. Then 4th gear hits and out of my peripherals I can see his car catching up to me and passing me.

As you can see, in the lower gears I was able to beat him, but because his car is 6 cylinder and has far more horsepower he is able to pass me as our speeds increase. The 250's acceleration decreases faster than a car's does which skews the results of speed tests like 1/4 mile and 0-60.

I can beat pretty much any car off the line, but at full throttle, those same cars will beat me down the line.
*nods* Actually makes a lot of sense when you put it that way.
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #51
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Name: Eva

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

I love my 250, I don't care what anyone thinks. They can call it a "baby ninja" all they want. I don't have a problem with that. It's the smallest ninja and it is my baby so technically it's true.

The funniest one I heard was when some idiot who doesn't even ride called it a lawn mower... He didn't even know what it was until I told him. Its always the show-off wannabe's and non riders that hate on ninja 250's. Show-offs need to start on bigger bikes to stroke their ego. They want to look cool in front of their friends, it's like a penis measuring contest. Maybe they have too much testosterone from all the steroids.

Another thing I notice is that a lot of riders that start on bigger bikes just to look cool seem to crash within the first few weeks riding.

It's not only an issue for you guys, they pick on us girls too.

Old September 29th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #52
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

A guy in my class today said he was planning on getting a R1. I looked at him shocked because it woulda been his first bike. I asked if he had a bike, said no. He did say he'll probably end up with a R6 instead though, since he has a little knowledge of CC's and what they are. So be it. They got their thing, I got the better... I mean... my thing... x-)
Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #53
TFKninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

In Western Australia our licencing system enforces you to ride a 250 for 12 months before you can get an open class licence, to ride anything, I know a heap of people who never get off 250's even if they pass the open test. So If It were called a girls bike here.......there would be some problems....everyone has to start somewhere. I am thinking of keeping my ninjette even when i buy my cruiser, In Australia a Harley will set you back between 20 -30 grand. I am not even gonna bother warming up something like that if I just want to zip down the shops, even if there has been a little rain and the roads are a little wet spend half a day cleaning the chrome. My ninjette will spend her retirement days as my runaround bitch, but a georgous one at that. Alot of guys I know keep the 250 coz sometimes they just wanna have fun. you can't thrash a big bike like you can a ninjette. just tell em they don't know what they are missing out on

Old September 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #54
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFKninja View Post
In Western Australia our licencing system enforces you to ride a 250 for 12 months before you can get an open class licence, to ride anything, I know a heap of people who never get off 250's even if they pass the open test. So If It were called a girls bike here.......there would be some problems....everyone has to start somewhere.
I truly, sincerely, honestly, wish this were implemented in the states. I think 1 it would increase the appreciation for the 250s, and 2 it would perhaps save a few lives. But, then people would cry foul and ask where their freedom is and yada yada. But thats just a person opinion, no reason to put it under fire.

Old September 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #55
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
I truly, sincerely, honestly, wish this were implemented in the states. I think 1 it would increase the appreciation for the 250s, and 2 it would perhaps save a few lives. But, then people would cry foul and ask where their freedom is and yada yada. But thats just a person opinion, no reason to put it under fire.
Driving is not a freedom/right protected by the Constitution. It is a privilege that can be taken away.

I wish we had similar laws as the European when it comes to this type of this type of a thing...

Theirs are much better...

Old September 29th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #56
Mr.E
That rider dude.

But you know the way we Americans think. One law imposes what we currently have, we pull the "What happened to freedom" card. Perhaps if we just let the ones who have bigger bikes now, and then implement smaller bikes for any rider getting their license after a certain year. Then again, many dealerships may also call foul because it would limit what they can sell. Arent 250's here in the states mainly the Kawasaki and Honda specialties?

Old September 30th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #57
TFKninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

We cry foul here all the time, the what happened to freedom, It don't stop em, I wasn't happy at first but when I took that ninjette for a ride I started looking for every excuse I could find to convince the MRS. Now I just have to do the same for the HOG

Old September 30th, 2011, 04:11 AM   #58
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I have been waiting for the insurance companies to implement something along these lines. Like... no insurance for your new GSXR 1000 because you just got your M endorsement and/or you've never previously insured a ____________.(insert a "lower risk" model here).

Old September 30th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #59
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Just by looking at the Ninja, most people don't know what size engine is in it!

Check out this comparison:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52561
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #60
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Lol if there wasnt 600cc+ no one would say chit and 600+ isnt nessesary so makes 600cc up a idiot bike lets call everyone with more then 250s idiots :P no offense to people with 600ccs. :P But if you really think it is unbarrable to ride a 250 because of speed maybe you are. :P

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #61
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Until it comes to escaping psychos you kicked up on the freeway.
Then it's nice to have a faster bike.. if you can ride it.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #62
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
But you know the way we Americans think. One law imposes what we currently have, we pull the "What happened to freedom" card.
That's because the loss of civil liberties is a very slippery slope. It always starts with things that seem innocuous and a good idea but in the end, become oppressive.

Let's look at this one. We start people out on a 250, then let them graduate up. Great idea. But that sets a precedent. It's a known fact that younger riders are at far greater risk, so to protect public health, let's also prohibit the ownership of a larger bike until they're past the age of high risk. Say, 35 years old. For that matter, it's known that big-bore sportbikes are far more dangerous than small bikes, so let's also introduce a "super license" requirement with drastically increased training requirements that include track days. Have I pressed your button yet?

You see where this kind of thing can go, once you get into the mindset that legislation to protect people from themselves and to protect society from its own citizens is automatically a good idea.

This is how police states start bone up on your history. "If you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear." Yeah, right. Tell that to the citizens of the USSR under Stalin. It's easy to enact laws. It's much tougher to make them go away.

This is not to say that it's done intentionally, unlike what many of those on the far end of the political spectrum might suggest. Legislators aren't sitting in Washington thinking up ways to screw with us as if they were a bunch of James Bond movie villains. I truly believe they are trying to do the right thing, with the notable exception that these days, it looks like they're acting just to beat the other party and are not thinking of consequences at all.

Legislation almost always has unintended outcomes. Look at California the state constitution allows the citizens to vote directly on laws, called "propositions." Great idea, right? Government by the people? The problem is that it has resulted in enormous unfunded mandates that are bankrupting the state.

Hence our tradition of erring on the side of caution that is as old as this country. We are a nation of skeptics, and a good thing, too.

So, do I think that we should mandate restrictions on new riders? You bet. But along with that should be a permanent lifting of restrictions once the trial/probation/testing period is over. I also believe that recurrent testing is a good idea. Private pilots have to get checked out every two years. I think all operators of motor vehicles should have to do something similar but they should also be allowed to own whatever vehicle they choose once they've proven they can handle it.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:38 AM   #63
rusninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Until it comes to escaping psychos you kicked up on the freeway.
Then it's nice to have a faster bike.. if you can ride it.
Lol you shouldnt kick anything with psychos no matter the bike. :S Unless you are indestructable. :S

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #64
ninja250
You are sleeping

Super Sport is a major responsibility. MAJOR.
I keep thinking I'm mature enough for one but it's obvious I'm not, I guess.
Just have to keep learning more and more as you go and strive to do your best instead of playing around too much. It's a very fine balance.

I would say 28 y/o for 600cc. 35 for anything over!

My 750 demands a shiton of respect and I'm glad I had the 600's and 250's first!

As far as "kicking up", I meant just "having to deal with". lol
Not actually kicking peoples.
I don't be kickin' stuffs on the bike.

Old September 30th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #65
ninja250
You are sleeping

Having ridden dirt from early in my life, I'd tell you guys the 250 is a girls bike. I started on a GSXR 600 SRAD.
But then I'd tell you too that the 250 has more skills than I.
..and there is some pretty BURLEY chicks out there with more skill than me too.
Where's that stuntbums chick videos where she's teaching me circle wheelies.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Chick has twigs for arms but she boss that stuntbike around better than me!
Maybe I'm not even worthy of my Girlsbike?
Who really is?

Look at it that way.

Are any of you really worthy of your 250 until you can win with it at the track AND stunt with it AND ride it in the cone course against the cops?

Old September 30th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #66
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
Lol if there wasnt 600cc+ no one would say chit and 600+ isnt nessesary so makes 600cc up a idiot bike lets call everyone with more then 250s idiots :P no offense to people with 600ccs. :P But if you really think it is unbarrable to ride a 250 because of speed maybe you are. :P

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #67
ninja250
You are sleeping

Umar I think you forgot to tell your bro on the 600 about your 250 stunting friend up the hill

Old September 30th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #68
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
2008 Ninja 250:
0-60: 7.72 sec

1/4 mile: 15.58 s

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid:
0-60: 7.6

1/4 mile: 16.1 s

2008 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 (lots of people drive SUVs here):
0-60: 7.5 sec

1/4 mile: 15.6 s

1997 Chevy C/K 1500:
0-60: 6.3 sec

1/4 mile: 16.8 s

2011 Hyundai Sonata SE:
0-60: 7.7 sec

1/4 mile: 15.9 s
You forgot one.
2006 Ninja 250 Pregen
0-60: 5.75 s
1/4 mile: 14.59 s

Definitely not a scooter or a girls bike. Those supersport guys have a tendency to talk out of their butt holes.

Old September 30th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #69
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
You forgot one.
2006 Ninja 250 Pregen
0-60: 5.75 s
1/4 mile: 14.59 s

Definitely not a scooter or a girls bike. Those supersport guys have a tendency to talk out of their butt holes.
finally someone put that up. I was thinking that 7.7 second seemed slow from what I was used to. then again, I'm barely 140 with gear
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #70
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
Umar I think you forgot to tell your bro on the 600 about your 250 stunting friend up the hill
Hahaha you're right.
Probably should've mentioned, "I know a few dudes with 250s who will outride your dumbass all day."
I think even I would outride this idiot, seriously.

Old September 30th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #71
ninja250
You are sleeping

Next time you swing him by here and we'll ride like we never rode before and let him do the dumb squiddy stuff all day.

Old September 30th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #72
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Kind of like the "shoot like a girl"
Kinda depends on which girl. The average sharp shooter girl who shoots more accurately than the men?

You could have said 'what have you got against girls?'

But seriously, lots of my buddies on the big bike forum LOVE to ride the 250 when they're not racing because the bike is active, nimble and fun. You actually have to do something on a ninja. If you want to just cruise around in first all day, buy a car.

And if you want to go straight and fast all the time, get a dragster.

If you want to actively engage in riding a motorcycle, buy a Ninja 250.

That was most of the reason I bought the ninja. RIDING not sitting passively.
And I asked the dealer what was good for twisties, he took me right to the ninja.

Watch the big boys in a parking lot and watch an experienced ninja rider in a parking lot. It's nimble and light. Like a jet compared to a bomber. A jet ski compared to an ocean liner. A polo horse compared to a logging horse.

In the end just point out that you don't need big cc's to compensate for anything. Cos have you noticed that the guys on here are rather sharp and confident people?

Another point that I've noticed is that only in America do people NEED giant bikes. Funny that all the guys in Europe and SA have no manly issues yet most ride smaller cc bike. I guess we can thank the car industry for making us think bigger is better...grr.

Jumping off my soapbox now
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 02:53 AM   #73
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Is the Ninja 250R a girl's bike?
Nope!
Why not?
Because guys ride it.

Done!

Girls and guys have more in common than they have differences. I like to think that the Ninjette appeals more to what we have in common than our differences. We're all after a bike that is: fun, thrilling, affordable, attractive, reliable and makes you feel good when you're stepping onto it and pulling away. Laddies and gentlemen! I present: THE NINJETTE!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 03:14 AM   #74
Mr.E
That rider dude.

*applausing* wooo its a ninjette! lol. Any who. You couldve replied bigger bikes are just compensating for the lack of something. Poor fellow wanted a 1000. What does that tell you? x-)

Old October 1st, 2011, 05:38 AM   #75
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
In the end just point out that you don't need big cc's to compensate for anything. Cos have you noticed that the guys on here are rather sharp and confident people?
Yeah, its true that some guys need bikes with big cc's to compensate for little cc's between their legs. Around here, its more pickup trucks than anything else. If you hang around the parking lot for a while you'll see a guy in a jacked up truck with huge wheels pull in. Invariably, the door will open, a ladder will drop down, and a little short guy about 4'8" will climb down out of it.

But in all fairness, the passenger seating of a pregen is pretty much for girls only. I can't see how a guy could ride back there without getting his things crushed by the guy in front. The newgen is different and its possible a guy could ride back there safely.

Just pointing out the obvious.

Old October 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM   #76
rusninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
But in all fairness, the passenger seating of a pregen is pretty much for girls only. I can't see how a guy could ride back there without getting his things crushed by the guy in front. The newgen is different and its possible a guy could ride back there safely.

Just pointing out the obvious.
You give guys rides :O

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:54 AM   #77
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:
*applausing* wooo its a ninjette! lol. Any who. You couldve replied bigger bikes are just compensating for the lack of something. Poor fellow wanted a 1000. What does that tell you? x-)
It tells me this idiot doesn't really have a wish to live a long, healthy life.

Old October 1st, 2011, 10:04 AM   #78
250Monster
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

It's funny because the same people I ride with now are the same people that used to say all sorts of low comments about the 250. Oh there's no power, that wheel is like an asian dick, it's only pushing 30 hp... none of them can touch me in traffic or on really tight corners. All the people I ride with are 1000cc and up.
250Monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM   #79
Lockshi3
ninjette.org member

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawi Green Ninja 250

it's a perfect beginner bike to have fun on - and I have plenty of fun on mine. That guy is an idiot to think you have start at 600 - wait until he doesn't know how to handle the bike in bad situation - and I agree, I wouldn't feel comfortable on a 600 right now. Plus, who wants to be scared on something that's supposed to be fun??? only idiots think going the fastest possible in a straight line is "cool" - sorry rant over!
Lockshi3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM   #80
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
Super Sport is a major responsibility. MAJOR.
I keep thinking I'm mature enough for one but it's obvious I'm not, I guess.
Just have to keep learning more and more as you go and strive to do your best instead of playing around too much. It's a very fine balance.

I would say 28 y/o for 600cc. 35 for anything over!

My 750 demands a shiton of respect and I'm glad I had the 600's and 250's first!

As far as "kicking up", I meant just "having to deal with". lol
Not actually kicking peoples.
I don't be kickin' stuffs on the bike.
Eh...I don't think age restrictions help anything. Ages are just an arbitrary guideline. The thing is you're and adult, it's your choice whether or not you think you're ready, I don't think age restrictions are the answer. That doesn't mean I don't agree with restricted licensing systems that are based on experience.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote