Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old August 20th, 2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Cat and Fiddle biker found guilty of dangerous driving

A BIKER who uploaded a video to YouTube showing his near miss with a car has been found guilty of dangerous driving.

Jack Sanderson, of Mobberley in Cheshire, was riding on the A537 ‘Cat and Fiddle’ when he narrowly avoided crashing into a car on the other side of the road.

The 22-year-old swerved into a fence and plunged down an embankment, all of which was caught on his head-mounted GoPro camera.

He told Macclesfield Magistrates’ Court: ‘I was in full control until I hit the fence. I drove into the fence to avoid a collision.’

Sanderson is due to be sentenced next week but the crash site landowner is already seeking £1,000 in compensation for damage to his fence.

Lee Murphy, from Cheshire Safer Roads Partnership, said: "The Cat and Fiddle does have a bit of a challenge mentality and a minority do try to ride it as fast as they can."

Related Content

How to be your own worst enemy
Removing brown stains
S1000RR extreme near miss
Cat & Fiddle ranked UK’s ‘most persistently’ dangerous road
Video: Why the bike test includes a swerve exercise

Click here for full story...