ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old April 13th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - tech] - Ask The Geek: Brake Vibrations/Noise, Master Cylinder Ratio

Ask The Geek: Brake Vibrations/Noise, Master Cylinder Ratio

Your Abnormal Guide To Things AbnormalGive Me A Brake
I have a 2004 GSX-R600 with 7850 miles on the odometer-I live in Alaska, the bike and I hibernate for half the year. I started to have a handling problem about a year ago. When the bike is coming to a quick stop under fairly hard braking at speeds under 30mph, the handlebars will start to bounce up and down like you're using a jackhammer to break concrete. You hear a really nasty sound kind of like Godzilla's roar and your fillings literally fall out of your teeth. Now at that point you decide to let go of the brake lever and the vibrations instantly stop. A gentle application of the brake lever causes no vibration or noise all the way to a complete stop. And above 30mph even squeezing the brakes hard enough to lift the rear wheel causes no problems.

Photo Gallery: Ask The Geek: Brake Vibrations/Noise, Master Cylinder Ratio - Sport Rider Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Click here for full story...