ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 General Discussion

Old February 18th, 2016, 07:51 PM   #41
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Name: El Jefe

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinhoss View Post
You might want to look at the Factory Pro Detent Arm Shift Kit to help with the miss shifts. I have had the same issues as you when really hard on the gas. Check out this scary vid.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Yup, I've seen this exact video and that same thing happened to me but much worse. I'm hearing mixed reviews about this detent arm.

Some folks are saying it works and others say it doesn't. I personally don't think it will resolve the issue. I think I may look into undercutting the gears instead. It aggravates me that Kawasaki has not fixed this issue. Especially since they have multiple Ninja 300 Cup racing series.
ninja-turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 08:41 PM   #42
jBazz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 300

Nice setup

Since running into the "5th to 4th false neutral" issue several times on the track, I installed the Factory Pro kit. Late last fall I did some aggressive street testing and could not duplicate the problem.
Of course the real test will be on the track in a month or two, and I will report back the results.
jBazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2016, 03:48 PM   #43
GregS
ninjette.org member

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, GSXR-750, Ducati M1100

Since installing the Factory Pro kit I have not had any problems, and I only run mine on track. I think you'll be happy with it.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2016, 06:27 PM   #44
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Since installing the Factory Pro kit I have not had any problems, and I only run mine on track. I think you'll be happy with it.
Thanks for the info Greg. I guess I'l give it a shot although I thought I had come across threads where some folks still were able to replicate the issues even after the factory pro detent arm

Old February 26th, 2016, 11:31 AM   #45
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Update: I did order a set of captive spacers to help with wheel removal and also the factory pro shift kit. I'll make sure to give you guys and update and provide more video footage from Summit Main Circuit which will be in late March.

Please make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23pUSVTTrc

Old February 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM   #46
coolkhas
ninjette.org member

Name: K

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Alright Im in here.

Been riding with Ninja turtle for alot of years now. Running with him at Jennings on teh CBR250 was too fun, and now I just got my 300 delivered.

Stay tuned for my build thread!
coolkhas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #47
coolkhas
ninjette.org member

Name: K

Quote:
You might want to look at the Factory Pro Detent Arm Shift Kit to help with the miss shifts. I have had the same issues as you when really hard on the gas. Check out this scary vid.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Holy fack titz.

Thats bad. ninjaturtle had this happen to him infront of me, I didnt get to see it cuz i was focused on apex, but i saw him go off.
coolkhas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #48
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

@coolkhas hello there amigo

Old February 27th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #49
howlinhoss
ninjette.org member

Name: Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-turtle View Post
Update: I did order a set of captive spacers to help with wheel removal and also the factory pro shift kit. I'll make sure to give you guys and update and provide more video footage from Summit Main Circuit which will be in late March.

Please make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23pUSVTTrc
Do a small write up on how to install!
howlinhoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 29th, 2016, 06:22 PM   #50
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Do a small write up on how to install!
I'll try to take some good video footage and make a nice little edit out of it. Still haven't received the part though

Old February 29th, 2016, 06:23 PM   #51
ninja-turtle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBazz View Post
Nice setup

Since running into the "5th to 4th false neutral" issue several times on the track, I installed the Factory Pro kit. Late last fall I did some aggressive street testing and could not duplicate the problem.
Of course the real test will be on the track in a month or two, and I will report back the results.

What td are you hitting up? Is that a tpm sticker on your bike? Let me know and I'll try to make it out as well