ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old February 24th, 2023, 03:29 AM   #1
NinjaFinally
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): GPX250R 2006

Installed braided lines, now my front brake light does not work

I installed the front line yesterday, and am pretty sure that after I checked it and the light was working. Took it for a test ride, good.

Installed the rear line today, had the right side cover off and removed the reservoir at one stage (working out how I was going to torque the banjo bolt). Got it all done, checked my lights and the rear one is working and the front is not. Maybe something under that side panel? Took the master cylinder off the bar, undid the two connectors, and cleaned up the two pins on the switch. They measured at 27 ohms which seems high. Tried bridging the two connectors together, still no light.

Bike is a 2006 Australian model, I have a diagram for an F9/F10/F11 which I think is earlier but probably the same. Just so hard to trace it, it looks like it goes through the junction box?

Any help would be appreciated.
NinjaFinally is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2023, 06:24 AM   #2
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
The brake light switches get power from the red/blue wire coming out of the TAIL fuse. The switches send power out on the blue/red which goes to the brake light.

If you bridged the two wires in the harness at the front switch connector and it didn't light up, but the rear switch works fine, then you've got a problem in the wiring to the front switch. The same red/blue feeds basically all the running lights (dash illumination bulbs, license plate, and tail light (through the keyswitch)) too. If those and the rear switch are working, then most of the circuit is fine. The problem would have to be pretty close to the front switch, in the fork that goes just to that.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 24th, 2023, 05:16 PM   #3
NinjaFinally
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): GPX250R 2006

Talking

Thanks InvisiBill, it was the connectors on the black wires running from the right switch gear and the lugs on the brake micro switch being corroded. I cleaned them up and tightened the spade lugs a bit and now I have a working front brake light. Rear too.
NinjaFinally is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.