ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 26th, 2023, 10:41 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoGP: Marini Changes Plans And Is Now Leaving VR46 Racing

MOONEY VR46 RACING TEAM AND LUCA MARINI PART WAYS AT THE END OF 2023 After six years together, starting from the 2024 season, to better follow their future objectives and […]

The post MotoGP: Marini Changes Plans And Is Now Leaving VR46 Racing appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

MOONEY VR46 RACING TEAM AND LUCA MARINI PART WAYS AT THE END OF 2023

After six years together, starting from the 2024 season, to better follow their future objectives and goals, Luca will not race for the Tavullia Team in MotoGP

Tavullia (Italy) – Mooney VR46 Racing Team and Luca Marini announce, after six seasons of shared goals, that they will not continue together in the 2024 season. The time has come for both parties to pursue ambitious goals and results following different paths. All the management, the Team and the people involved in the project wish Luca the best for his future.

Luca joined the Moto2 Team at the end of 2017 and has achieved his most prestigious results within this family. First podium in the Moto2 World Championship (German GP) in 2018 and first win in the middle class in the same year (Malaysian GP 2018 – 6 victories in Moto2). Best overall result in the 2020 Championship when he is a contender for the Moto2 World title until the last race (final P2). Luca was the first rider to have brought the VR46 brand to MotoGP on the Ducati Desmosedici GP in 2021.

In the last two seasons (2022 – 2023), Luca is one of the protagonist of the successes of the Mooney VR46 Racing Team project, built around him to become among the most competitive riders in the Top class. He signs two pole positions, 4 podiums in the Sprint and two podiums in the Sunday race.

Luca Marini and VR46 Racing Team in numbers

888 total points (533 in Moto2, 355 in MotoGP)

P2 RIDERS World Championship 2020 (Moto2)

P1 TEAMS World Championship 2020 (Moto2 – with Bezzecchi)

6 wins (in Moto2)

17 podiums (2 MotoGP)

7 pole positions (2 MotoGP)

4 Sprint podiums

109 races with the Team (110 included ValenciaGP)

LUCA MARINI – 10

I spent most of my Championship career in this Team, so many of the most significant moments of my career so far are linked to this group of people. We have grown a lot together and have gained a lot of satisfactions. This will be my last race with the Mooney VR46 Racing Team: I thought a lot before making this decision and evaluated the new challenges I will face. I leave behind a fantastic Team that contributed to my growth and knowledge of the technical aspects and complexity that characterises this kind sport. It’s time to embrace a new path with enthusiasm, without denying what has been, but with the eyes focused on the future.

ALESSIO SALUCCI, TEAM DIRECTOR

I have really seen Luca grow, since he was a child, then from a motorsport point of view I had the pleasure of seeing him become one of the strongest riders in MotoGP. I’m happy to have shared six beautiful seasons with him in this project. From the first satisfactions in Moto2, the second place in the Championship in 2020, then the debut in MotoGP, the birth of our Team in the Top class and a 2023 where he managed to be a real protagonist. Luca is a professional with few equals, a technician, a true passionate enthusiast before being a rider and then a great worker. It is a pity to let him go, he will be a really tough opponent in the future, but an opportunity of this type is too much important not to be considered and I sincerely I wish him, together with the whole Team, the very best of luck.

The post MotoGP: Marini Changes Plans And Is Now Leaving VR46 Racing appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.