ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

This cager took the cake!

I'm commuting home yesterday and had what is hands down about the dumbest cager move I've seen to date. I'm northbound on a big main street w/3 lanes in each direction. The turn lane for the opposing side (which services a gas station and a bank, in addition to right turns at the intersection) is backed up. I get the green and go, of course I'm in front of hte pack thanks to lane splitting. About 100 yards beyond the bank, a car in the southbound direction decides they don't wnat to wait until they're even close to the driveway and so they cross the double yellow and proceed to drive at an angle in the northbound lanes the remaining 100 yards to get to the bank. Unfortunately for them, I'm only 50 yards away in the middle lane. As I approach, the driver and passenger are waving their hands maniacally in a "no no no" gesture while jamming on the brakes. Having had my fill of cagers for the month, I decided I don't give a (verb) if I leave a bad impresison of MC riders by being a (male anatomy). I didn't swerve, move over, or otherwise allow them to carry on driving in the wrong direction. I stopped about 1 foot from their front bumper, with them at an angle across 2 lanes of traffic facing southbound in the northbound lanes. Bike in neutral and here's a double slaute for ya! Look ma, two birds!

I cannot stand people like that, and sure, maybe it wasn't the smartest move on my part. I freely admit it ranks as one of the dumbest things I've done in the last 5 years, but I don't care. I'm usually a pretty easy going guy, esp on the bike, since being right doesn't help if you end up "dead right". But this one was so far over the top I snapped. I popped the bike back in gear and rode off around the car, leaving them to sort things out with the remaining northbound cars that had stacked up during this episode.

My only wish is that the motor cop who is normally running radar up the block had been on duty that day. Sadly that was not the case.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Hahaha wow great story! The sad thing is that I can actually believe it with all the terrible drivers in the world
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #3
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Oh I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many stories I have that are similar to yours with cagers being retarded and nearly causing accidents because they can't wait just 10 more seconds. There have been (and will be many more) times where I so wish I was an unmarked cop car so I could pull this retards over and ticket them for being stupid and endangering others.

I will agree though that your move was indeed stupid and you got lucky it turned out the way it did. I understand the whole snapping part and how it can block what we know to be the right decision. Just try to not let it happen again because you might not get so lucky next time.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #4
CodeProofMonk
ninjette.org member

Name: Patrick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 EX250

You're really lucky that things didn't end badly!

That being said, I have a great mental image of a rider straddling his bike, wheel to bumper, giving double birds to an idiot driver! Haha... I want that printed on a t-shirt!
CodeProofMonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #5
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

They were definitely idiots, but you could have handled it better. Never, ever shoot a bird at another motorist. Period! Now instead of having just a dumb motorist, you've got an angry dumb motorist. Honking is usually good enough. Not only that, but they aren't just mad at you, they're mad at all bikers.

Think if it this way, in your post replace the word "cager" with "idiot with an uzi". Do you think it would make sense to shoot a bird at an idiot with an uzi? An idiot behind the wheel of a cage is just as dangerous as an idiot with an uzi. Maybe even more dangerous. At least the guy with an uzi knows he has a lethal weapon.

Old November 6th, 2011, 05:44 AM   #6
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Think if it this way, in your post replace the word "cager" with "idiot with an uzi". Do you think it would make sense to shoot a bird at an idiot with an uzi? An idiot behind the wheel of a cage is just as dangerous as an idiot with an uzi. Maybe even more dangerous. At least the guy with an uzi knows he has a lethal weapon.
That's a clever way of looking at it.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #7
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Like I said - I know it wasn't the smartest move, but sometimes you just gotta do what the lizard inside says to do. Definitely don't try this at home boys and girls.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Liist
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
There have been (and will be many more) times where I so wish I was an unmarked cop car so I could pull this retards over and ticket them for being stupid and endangering others.
Years ago there was this Indian lady who spun out her Camry and I almost t-boned her (this was before I started riding). She then proceeds to try to cut into traffic like an idiot almost hitting everyone.

She gets quite far ahead, and I later see a cop go after her and by the time I caught up, she was in handcuffs and I honked by. If only every case could turn out like this.

You'll get to laugh one day. Just be patient.
Liist is offline   Reply With Quote