ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #1
TeleRomeo
ninjette.org member

Name: Johnny

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250, 08 GSXR 750

Chinese rear sets from ebay!

Has anyone bought the CNC sets from hong kong ebay? If you did thoughts? Issues

TIA!!
TeleRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #2
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

whoa....creepy as F. I was JUST thinking about making a thread on this exact topic. Was looking through their store and holy **** are they so much cheaper.

these are clip ons but.. damn
http://www.ebay.com/itm/37MM-Red-CNC...e6f608&vxp=mtr
50$. Sure id want the bars to be powder coated but damn, crazy.\

*edit* I actually did buy their brake/clutch shorty levers yesterday. If this thread isnt too far back in the pages i'll update with pics.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #3
TeleRomeo
ninjette.org member

I was thinking about these!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Adjust...51311e&vxp=mtr

But something tells me, it wont fit!!

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #4
felo
ninjette.org member

Name: Carlos

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300R

you get what you paid for...
felo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #5
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

TR, they're just SATO knockoffs.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14945

Comparable in quality. Just keep the bearing lubed, and use loc-tite and you're good.

I have the X-race rearsets. Go with the Predators if you do get them. You can use them for GP shift. The X-race cruisers won't work for GP shift.

Old June 25th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #6
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Here is the ebay link for rearset and clipon. The price went down too.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #7
bkh2
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2006 GSXR 750; 1983 CB750SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
whoa....creepy as F. I was JUST thinking about making a thread on this exact topic. Was looking through their store and holy **** are they so much cheaper.

these are clip ons but.. damn
http://www.ebay.com/itm/37MM-Red-CNC...e6f608&vxp=mtr
50$. Sure id want the bars to be powder coated but damn, crazy.\

*edit* I actually did buy their brake/clutch shorty levers yesterday. If this thread isnt too far back in the pages i'll update with pics.
I got the clip-ons you're looking at, except the bars were the same red colour. I dropped my front end so that I could put them on the top of the triple. In this case, there are no clearance issues. I am uncertain if that would be the case if you put them underneath. Next, the adjust-ability in terms of up-down angle is poorly designed. It's hard to imagine, but anything other than the most-downward angle will not work. Putting any substantial weight on the bars will cause them to drop down to the bottom position anyways. People will say "Well you shouldn't be putting any weight on the bars anyways," but I guess I'm just not that good of a rider; I think it's dangeresque. Next, the bars to come with pre-drilled holes, but they aren't in the correct location; the grips will overhang about an inch if you line up the controls with those holes. I had to drill another set of holes for everything to line up adequately.
bkh2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #8
TeleRomeo
ninjette.org member

Thanks, I got the info I needed.

Thanks Again!!

Old June 25th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #9
Dano
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 09' Blue Ninja 250R and 07' Honda 919

They are probably not as good as the brand name companies but work just as well for 99% of the riders out there.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #10
abhijitz
ninjette.org sage

Name: Abhijit

Motorcycle(s): Many Two Wheels ..

Curious why wouldnt the CRUISER version work as GP shift. Is the shift rod smaller in length? [because all you do for GP is reverse the knuckle orientation]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
I have the X-race rearsets. Go with the Predators if you do get them. You can use them for GP shift. The X-race cruisers won't work for GP shift.

I have the black CNC rearsets [as here : http://tinyurl.com/poef6sg] .. initially bought them from Bohemian Racing at 200$ a set. It is now 150$ on ebay [from different seller].

They crash well. footpegs gets grinded and is not hard enough to bend the footguard/heelplate (thereby the frame mounting area). Pedals snap off or grind and doesnt bend the the shift arm. [I crashed twice in the past 1.5 years of racing and replaced the pedal & footpeg only both times]

My only complaint after 1.5 years of useage is, the plates get weak over time and flex [due to weighing the footpegs at trackdays and races] and thus the shift lever bends outwards because the guards bend inwards. It just looks annoying, but operationally has never been an issue. Have been straightening/aligning them with a bar breaker.

**** I also have the 30$ knock-off levers. They did not crash well. I broke the brake lever pivot in a lowside. The lever was fine. But at 15$ a lever, cant really complain.

**** On the handlebars, i would recommend using the Woodcrafts with 2.5" risers. They are the best. With spacers, my wrists dont get twisted anymore as i have a more forwarding position.
[ex-AFM #828 | SMUSA #828 |
Sponsors : MotionPro | LeoVince | Insurrection Racing Gloves | QstarZ Laptimers
+ OEM Parts @ 30-40% OFF : Harry @ 1-877-437-1631,17 harry@hondaeasttoledo.com
abhijitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #11
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

I think they changed the shift rod linkage position to clear for GP shift. I haven't played with it yet on mine but another member confirmed this.