ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you flick off other drivers?
All the time 10 10.31%
Occasionally 36 37.11%
Never 51 52.58%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #81
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I do the "Triple H" maneouver(sp.)... as my hands are always planted on the bars...... "Horn, High Beam Flash then follow them to their Homes"... that makes them think just a little more... cuz "now I know where you live"..
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #82
darthnip
ninjette.org member

Name: darth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

this only proves everybody has their own way of doing things. some are right, some are wrong, but overall its only peoples opinions about others. the world dont move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you may not be right for some. a man is born, he's a man of means, then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans...it takes different strokes, it takes different strokes, it takes, difgferent strokes to move the world yes it does, it takes different strokes to move the woooooooorld... hmmmm. oh crap...wait..im really showing my age now
when i ride i carry a loaded middle finger, and a loaded pair of .45's. one of those i pull when some idiot deserves it. the others i hope i never ever have to use. im what willis was taking bout.
seriously, lets let people have their way of doing things and unless its done directly at us, just try to ignore it and not judge. nobody made me cheif of anything, so i have no right to judge anyone for what they do on the road. im a firm believer in the karma system.
i love all you guys and gals, so no matter what you do with your fingers, i just hope you make it home alive.
this messege has been brought to you by the letters G and J and the number 6.
darthnip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #83
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

I usually lay on the horn...and usually the gas to fly off...so no time to mess around with hand signals..

I have once pretty much followed a guy home since he was going towards the same place as me.. he cut into my lane too quickly while flying by going 90 in a 50mph through town. Almost hit me. He realized I was behind me after a few turns and freaked the hell out... Wasn't really trying to follow him though..
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #84
Jerry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Simple Solution

I'm just gonna flip off everyone, and therefore improve the driving skills of the general public...

Everyone can improve, and me flipping them off will make them think about what they have been doinig wrong all this time...then they won't do it anymore.

Plus, I think it will help them see other motorcycles.

Ya'll're welcome
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #85
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Those that know me I hardly ever swear, in english or any other language, including sign language.

i will admit that I did flip off a driver in CA. I had stopped for gass in a realitivly good area of town (Really what part of Saratoga is bad??) As I was waiting for the gas to rip my bank account a new one I noticed a car had just broken down at the light right by the station. Being the good helping person I am, and noticing the nervious woman trying everything and anything to get her car started then get out of her car... Note: Not turning her flashers on before she left... So that of course alerted me to the fact that she hadn't ever broken down before. So I walk over and to tell her she needs to turn her flashers on. So we both walk over to the car and she is telling me it won't turn on. I am no mechanic so I decide that it is best to get the woman, and her car, out of the main road so she can make her calls. So I tell her to put it in neutral. As I am doing this the traffic is getting the hint that she is broken down and working on getting out of the road. One idiot though lays on the horn. Yes the light is green and all but hey mister you notice everyone else going around?! No.. Of course not. So he lays on the horn more until I wave him around. He continues to blow his horn even as he passed us! That was a flip off moment. Anyway. Good side: The gas station attendant and a fellow driver noted what I was trying to do and the attendant stopped the traffic in the right hand turn lane so we (the other driver and I) could get the lady off the road.

Old July 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #86
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Those that know me I hardly ever swear, in english or any other language, including sign language.

i will admit that I did flip off a driver in CA. I had stopped for gass in a realitivly good area of town (Really what part of Saratoga is bad??) As I was waiting for the gas to rip my bank account a new one I noticed a car had just broken down at the light right by the station. Being the good helping person I am, and noticing the nervious woman trying everything and anything to get her car started then get out of her car... Note: Not turning her flashers on before she left... So that of course alerted me to the fact that she hadn't ever broken down before. So I walk over and to tell her she needs to turn her flashers on. So we both walk over to the car and she is telling me it won't turn on. I am no mechanic so I decide that it is best to get the woman, and her car, out of the main road so she can make her calls. So I tell her to put it in neutral. As I am doing this the traffic is getting the hint that she is broken down and working on getting out of the road. One idiot though lays on the horn. Yes the light is green and all but hey mister you notice everyone else going around?! No.. Of course not. So he lays on the horn more until I wave him around. He continues to blow his horn even as he passed us! That was a flip off moment. Anyway. Good side: The gas station attendant and a fellow driver noted what I was trying to do and the attendant stopped the traffic in the right hand turn lane so we (the other driver and I) could get the lady off the road.
People like that should be drug into a back ally and shot.

+1 for helping the poor lady.

Old July 10th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #87
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Oh well, you doing the right thing made up for Mister Nimrod's ignorance....

Old July 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #88
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

I just read a story in Cycle World by one of the editors who cut off a biker in his car on the freeway changing lanes by mistake. As a biker, he was horrified he had not seen the guy, probably because the guy on the bike was going way too fast in the middle lane even though the passing lane as open. As the editor was feeling guilty about what he'd done, the biker flipped him the bird. Okay, he says - I deserved it. Well a few miles up the biker hung back in traffic just to give him the finger again and started weaving in traffic next to the guy continually giving him the flick off. Talk about overstating the point. He couldn't believe the biker was continuing the insults over one incident and by the time he exited the highway he said he was so pissed off he felt like running this idiot biker off the road just to show him how vulnerable he was. If the biker looked like such a jerk to another biker who just happened to be driving his car at the time, you can imagine what someone who doesn't like bikes would have felt like or what they would have done. Keep flipping people off and some day you'll find out.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #89
elars
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): None

That's basically my main thoughts on this topic. Someone screws up, you call them on it. You don't have to call them on it, rub their nose in it, pour gasoline on them, and set them on fire. There's a way to establish to someone else that they messed up, and there's a way to be a douche. No one likes douches, because they probably almost hit you changing lanes while on their cell phone, so why would you act like one? Why would you risk your safety and the safety of others on the road who had nothing to do with it as well?

Food for thought.
elars is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #90
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Okay everybody... at the count of 3... "1..2.......... 3" ahhhhhhhh now didn't that just feel good...........
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #91
ASecretNinja
ATGATT Squid Killer

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): '06 CBR600

I've FLIPPED (not flicked, jeez) off two people, both idiots. I don't do it often unless they've truly done something retarded.
ASecretNinja is offline   Reply With Quote