ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 20th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #1
sixstring
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 09 EX250 LE

Dynojet Stage 2 with Airbox Removed?

Hi all,

So I just pulled my carbs out because I had to drill out a few stripped screws (this is why you don't over tighten) and I thought "this would be a REALLY good time to pull the air box out since the carbs are out"

HOWEVER, I hadn't planned on doing this (I only pulled the carbs out because the screws got stripped) and only bought a Dynojet stage 2 kit which, as the box says, is supposed to be used with bikes that have their snorkles removed, and aftermarket exhaust system installed (I have a full yoshi system).

The question is.... do I NEED a stage 3 kit or will my stage 2 kit be sufficient?

I figure I can just use the largest jet the kit came with and instead of putting the e-clip on the 3rd notch like the instructions say, maybe I'll put it on the 4th or 5th? Whats the worst that could happen if I do this?

I'm thinking I'll go ahead with the removal... If things turn out too lean, at least I have a bike to ride while I wait for the stage 3 kit... Plus once the kit comes, It'll be a breeze to remove those bloody carbs again

Thanks for reading that gargantuan post. Any advice is appreciated.
sixstring is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #2
kkim

buy some larger main jets. take a look in the jetting database to see what size dynojet main jets you'll need to order.

w/o the larger jets, you stand a chance of seizing your engine. wouldn't recommend running it w/o the larger jets needed with the airbox removed.

the needles are the same in all their kits.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #3
sixstring
ninjette.org member

Hmm... wouldn't want a seized engine.

I can't seem to find a vendor that sells the jets by themselves..... althought I've only been searching for 15 mins

*edit*

Actually... Dynojet doesn't seem to sell at stage 3 kit for the 08-09 ninja 250r. Should I use a jets/kit made for the pregen?

Old June 21st, 2010, 12:05 AM   #4
kkim

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/index.cfm

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10208

Old June 21st, 2010, 11:13 AM   #5
sixstring
ninjette.org member

My local motorcycle shops have Keihin jets in larger sizes.... Not sure what the difference is between that and the Dynojet ones besides the sizing chart numbers. Should I just go with Keihin jets or are Dynojets somehow better?

Also, I don't need to touch the pilot jets right? Just the main jets?

Old June 21st, 2010, 11:31 AM   #6
kkim

yes, just use the conversion chart and order the equivalent Keihin main jets. They will work. Just make sure they are the correct small round type and not the larger hex ones... there are 2 types of Keihin main jets that I am familiar with. I would recommend you order a set of (2 each) 112 and 110 Keihins.

Correct, no need to change out the pilot jets if what you have already works well.