ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 15th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Mike1357
Cycle Start

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r - 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Bridge Day 2011

Just wondering if anyone ventured out into the woods of West Virginia to enjoy Bridge Day today? For those of you that do not know what this is, it is a day each year that they close down the major highway leading to the New River Gorge Bridge in Fayetteville WV. This bridge is the 3rd longest arch bridge in the world at over 3000ft long and the 5th highest vehicle bridge in the world at 876ft high.
Why do they close it on this day? So people can jump off it!! People from around the nation come to base jump with many many more coming just to see people fling theirself at the New River. It's a pretty big event, with the highway lined with vendors.
But mainly the trip there is simply beautiful. For those of you who haven't been able to experience a ride through some mountains, you are really missing out. I'm about 150 miles from the bridge. Met up with some buddies and rode up with 2 chapters of the Christian Motorcycle Association. Perfect (bundled up) weather. Sun shining bright. All the leaves changing colors and falling.

Picture perfect if I must say. Some places being post card worthy. So I took a bunch of pictures I would like to share with you all.
They are all in this facebook album which I set to public but in the case it doesn't work I'll post em on here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=f1abbaca0a

And yeah I'm on ZX-6 in the first picture. My 250r was going to be there too, but the gf got sick and didn't get to enjoy it

Old October 15th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #2
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Awesome pictures!