ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old June 25th, 2017, 02:51 AM   #2001
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Majority of my riding has been done between Manhattan and Coney Island, my weekday commute that sometimes involve getting onto the subway train with my bicycle.
Rain or shine, doesn't matter the traffic pattern, the bike is likely to be quicker to the destination than car.

Though it might not be relaxing or stress relieving kind of riding, but keeps me sharp on the motorcycle when I survive on my bicycle though the mayhem of city traffic.
Seems to me that road rage are certainly on the rise with congestion and summer weather.

On the weekends I'm lucky if I get out on my road bike for a couple of hours of just relaxing ride in the countryside. Then I encounter the teenage drivers who just graduated high school that throw bottles at cyclists.

Cycling isn't what it used to be when I was a teenager for sure.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old June 25th, 2017, 07:01 AM   #2002
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ever gotten hit with a slushie?

I got that honor last summer in Cleveland. I rode the towpath to its northern end at one of the parks on the lake. I was turning around to head south and was on city streets and some goon threw his slushie out the window at me as he drove by.

Looking back, it's hilarious. At the time, I was looking to break the dude's nose.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2017, 07:38 AM   #2003
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
A passenger in a pickup truck threw a cup full of something at me, but missed a couple years ago. I couldn't figure out why for a few weeks. That sort of thing normally doesn't happen around here. Then one night in bed it hit me. I had been signaling for a right turn as the pickup truck waited to cross the same intersection at the stop sign to my left. I had held my left forearm straight up, but lazily put up a sort of Cub Scout's 2-finger shape with my hand, rather than holding all four fingers together flat. Viewed from the pickup truck, the only finger they saw was my middle finger, which hid my index finger, and it looked exactly like I was giving them the finger. I laughed to myself, imagining what I looked like with the truck patiently stopped, waiting for a bike rider to clear the intersection, but with the rider angrily flashing the bird the whole way.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2017, 07:42 AM   #2004
"A"
vampire

This is the summer riding season.. lots of charity rides on the roads.. few years back I've heard a charity ride participant that got hit in the head by a golf ball riding next to a golf course, knocked out a few teeth, fell unconscious by the time rider hit pavement and killed.

That's the danger of getting hit by objects while on bicycle.. depending on the direction and speed of the object that's making the impact; consequences can be fatal.. and kid who toss objects from cars do not realize that danger.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:27 AM   #2005
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
and kid who toss objects from cars do not realize that danger.
I was doing a late night ride near my home and two drunk guys cranked a u-turn and threw a drink at me. A huge chunk of ice in it bruised my leg, and I smelled of alcohol after that. I almost got off my bike and threw something at the car when they cranked another u-turn, but I felt like darwin would find them sooner or later, so I let them off.

I headed home after that because my leg just was aching. Ended up being nothing, but still, who thinks, as an adult, that it is funny to throw something at someone on a bike?

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #2006
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I was doing a late night ride near my home and two drunk guys cranked a u-turn and threw a drink at me. A huge chunk of ice in it bruised my leg, and I smelled of alcohol after that. I almost got off my bike and threw something at the car when they cranked another u-turn, but I felt like darwin would find them sooner or later, so I let them off.

I headed home after that because my leg just was aching. Ended up being nothing, but still, who thinks, as an adult, that it is funny to throw something at someone on a bike?
:lol you called them adults
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old June 28th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #2007
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Quote:
...who thinks, as an adult, that it is funny to throw something at someone on a bike?
Drunk adults are very similar to young children, and the drunker the adult, the younger the child he's similar to, all the way down to the extreme drunk who is equivalent to an infant in diapers, unable to stand up or communicate coherently, throwing up and pooping himself.

Last futzed with by Triple Jim; June 28th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.

Old June 30th, 2017, 10:06 AM   #2008
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
That sounds very nice. Kerr Lake is owned by the Army Corp of Engineers, and most private property starts about 20' above the mean water level, so the lake is surrounded by trees for most of the shoreline. Also, the level varies quite a bit, requiring floating piers, so it's not as popular as the next lake downstream, Lake Gaston. It gets busy here on summer weekends, but weekdays are pretty calm, and once school starts in the late summer, it's very quiet until school gets out the following spring.

I bought a used Little River Regatta this spring, and have been trying to develop decent technique. It seems to be the type used in open water racing, or at least very similar. I'm past trying to stay in the boat, and concentrate on things like hand position, not starting back and arm extension until about 70% leg extension, etc.. But with all the bike riding I do, I'm amazed at how hard and fast I have to row (scull) to get my heart rate up to where it gets when I'm climbing a hill on a bike.
Hi Jim
You might be interested in watching the 2017 Royal Henley Regatta. It's live now and through Saturday on YouTube and filled in with replays. Between the Tour de France and The Henley Regatta; I'm going to be found dead on my rollers from pedalling so many hours on the bike!
But seriously; there's some great explanation of technique which you might find very informative for your own development. You will see and understand some very small details you might not otherwise be aware of while watching. The commentators are not just talking heads (at least what I've been hearing so far) but obviously have a real background in rowing.
I rowed there in 1975 I find myself right back in the race watching the scenery slide by!
Hip Hip HOORAY! ( You'll understand at the end of a race )
Cheers!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #2009
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Thanks very much Bill.

I've been getting out in the shell once or twice a week and enjoying it very much. It's hard to stay cool in one this time of year though. I dunk myself before I start, and again halfway through, and that helps a lot.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 09:27 AM   #2010
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Anyone have experience with On One bikes? They're part of Planet X, which is basically the UK version of bikes direct, but they do have brick-and-mortar stores and seem to have a good track record. I've read a bit about various engineers they have working for them and they seem legit to me.

This bike is checking all the quirky boxes I have. I'd prefer Shimano shifters, but it would be a good chance to get to know SRAM a little better and swap out this winter as needed. $2100 for that really isn't bad at all. The frame itself is about $1000 so that extra $1100 to have a built bike is... better. I'll have to do some pricing, but it might make more sense to buy the built bike. My estimate is $1500 to built it as I want it, so I'd be $2500-ish. Not a huge difference, but something.

Geo looks good. Design intent looks like it fits with my desired usage. Disk brakes. 650B/700C interchangeability. Carbon not required but still good looking. 1x11. Quirky. BSA bottom bracket is easier for me to work with. And the fork axle-to-crown measurement is in the right neighborhood to allow me to run a Lauf Grit fork later on if I'd so choose.
http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOSPC...ike-275-wheels

Old July 9th, 2017, 04:39 PM   #2011
MrAtom

MOTM - July '15
My little bicycle bell isn't getting the attention of pedestrians, so I've put a playing card in the spokes (should be a baseball card for authenticity).

Even when people would notice the bell before, they seemed to feel like I was trying to be rude by getting their attention. Now, most people smile.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2017, 05:28 PM   #2012
sakkakth
ninjette.org member

Name: cat

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250, K7 GSXR600

My "other track bike" (which I'm probably faster on...)

Specialized Amira Pro (no good bike pics )

Specialized S-Works (which replaced my beloved Amira Pro due to a manufacturer issue)

I wish I was as proficient with working on my Ninja as I am with my pedal bikes!
sakkakth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2017, 07:10 PM   #2013
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I've got a squeezee horn on mine, the kind they make for kids. It's a sumo wrestler. When I squeeze him, people usually laugh. But they notice me, so it's all good. It's kind of silly.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2017, 05:05 AM   #2014
"A"
vampire

Cool

Commuting in NYC, I have a spring-loaded brass bell on the handlebar of all my bikes.. even on my racing bike... seems to be louder than regular bells.. sure beats yelling at people when you are short of breath.

Old July 10th, 2017, 08:54 AM   #2015
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Commuting in NYC, I have a spring-loaded brass bell on the handlebar of all my bikes.. even on my racing bike... seems to be louder than regular bells.. sure beats yelling at people when you are short of breath.

I use the same one.

Side note: I was going to finish prepping my full suspension rig for a ride and noticed the rear shock was leaking. Great.

Well, I guess I'll just do a full service on it and drop the shock by the shop to get rebuilt. I could do it, but I know they have parts on hand, so I'll let them do it. Anyway, I just do a full tear down a lube on the bike. The rear D does need some cleaning, so it will be nice to have it back in tiptop shape.

Old July 10th, 2017, 09:16 AM   #2016
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:

[img ]https://www.mirrycle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/brass-duet-chrome-black-silver_2rev.jpg[ /img]
Quote:
I use the same one.

Side note: I was going to finish prepping my full suspension rig for a ride and noticed the rear shock was leaking. Great.

Well, I guess I'll just do a full service on it and drop the shock by the shop to get rebuilt. I could do it, but I know they have parts on hand, so I'll let them do it. Anyway, I just do a full tear down a lube on the bike. The rear D does need some cleaning, so it will be nice to have it back in tiptop shape.

I have the same bell as well. I get a lot of thank yous as I pass pedestrians because of it.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2017, 03:01 PM   #2017
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I may have to eat my words on no-name carbon bike frames. I'm not ready to go off the deep end and buy blind on EBay, but Velobuild has a frame nearly identical to the Space Monkey and every measurement is within 1-2mm of the same. But it accepts wider tires and would let me run MTB light knobbies when I was feeling funky

I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong and I may be wrong. I'm. Not sure. I'm still struggling with whether I should take the gamble on this or not.

Old July 10th, 2017, 04:47 PM   #2018
"A"
vampire

Thumbs down

Saw THIS VIDEO on FB, even though the cyclist was riding near the middle of the road, there is no reason why a driver should intentionally hit a cyclist on the road... and drive away without stopping.
Some comments on FB even consider the cyclist deserved to get hit.

You are a driver sitting in your climate controlled car, leather seat, cup holders, etc... can't you wait few seconds to pass a cyclist safely?

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old July 10th, 2017, 04:49 PM   #2019
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I saw that. Dude is a high school administrator. Got picked up by the police. I hope he gets the book with that video!

Old July 11th, 2017, 08:40 AM   #2020
CaliGrrl

Yep, a lot of people feel that bicyclists "deserve" to get hit. It's weird. People believe a lot of strange things about how people on bicycles should behave, and most of them are wrong.

I'm glad they caught the driver who hit the bicyclist.

Old July 12th, 2017, 07:09 AM   #2021
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Searching online, it becomes clear just how hated cyclists are.

Like running a red light. "OMG. THAT CYCLISTS JUST RAN A RED LIGHT! I HATE THEM!"
Yet these same people have ran a red light themselves or have seen a car do it and didn't bat an eye at it.

I cannot stand people who think they are the most important thing on the planet (and God's gift to the world).

Old July 12th, 2017, 07:29 AM   #2022
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Quote:
Searching online, it becomes clear just how hated cyclists are.

Like running a red light.
View a bicycle like any other vehicle on the road. More so put them in the category of Amish buggies when it comes to passing. However, I do feel they have to abide by the rules of the road just like any other vehicle. Running a red light when turning right is ok, but going through the intersection when red that is a different variation. It's a bit of a variation of being a pedestrian but it's also your responsibility to check the road before crossing. So to say a cyclist who just goes full blast through a red light and gets hit, that person gets what is coming to them. Actual pedestrians are easy to predict and move at a slow rate, a cyclist can be unpredictable and dangerous if they don't hold caution.

As for the video, that is completely on the driver of the vehicle.

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #2023
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
I can not remember where I first saw that video but my favorite comment I read was someone saying something to the effect that he was an 18 wheeler truck driver who has proudly run 20 cars and SUVs off the road and into ditches for slowing him down. Car drivers should have more respect for 18 wheelers and stay off roads People slowing him down when he is trying to make a buck. to feed his family.

Reap what you sow.

Old July 12th, 2017, 02:38 PM   #2024
"A"
vampire

You have to put into consideration that bicyclists are exposed to the elements, movement of bicycle require significant more human effort than cars or motorcycles.
Bicyclist are not sitting in climate-controlled cabin, no heated seats in the winter cold, rain, snow, heat all affect a cyclists capability significantly more than motorists.

Sure, running a red light or riding on opposite side of the roads are illegal, but consider the margin of safety. Are the conditions really unsafe for a cyclist to cross the road when the light is red and no traffic is near?
Sure seeing a cyclist running a red light does piss off motorists and give the rest of cycling community a bad name. But in reality, how much danger does a bicycle running a red light cause to motorists that are just sitting in traffic for the light to turn green?
Does the fact that you see a cyclist run a red light justify motorist hitting a cyclist with their car?
Can't wait for few extra seconds in your climate-controlled car to pass a cyclist safely?
Fking BS.

Old July 12th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #2025
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
But in reality, how much danger does a bicycle running a red light cause to motorists that are just sitting in traffic for the light to turn green?
The question isn't how much danger does it cause other motorists but rather how much danger does it cause other cyclists? The laws are the laws and breaking them yourself just incites anger against others who may not commit the same infractions.

Old July 12th, 2017, 03:03 PM   #2026
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
View a bicycle like any other vehicle on the road. More so put them in the category of Amish buggies when it comes to passing. However, I do feel they have to abide by the rules of the road just like any other vehicle. Running a red light when turning right is ok, but going through the intersection when red that is a different variation. It's a bit of a variation of being a pedestrian but it's also your responsibility to check the road before crossing. So to say a cyclist who just goes full blast through a red light and gets hit, that person gets what is coming to them. Actual pedestrians are easy to predict and move at a slow rate, a cyclist can be unpredictable and dangerous if they don't hold caution.

As for the video, that is completely on the driver of the vehicle.
I agree. I don't run reds. Have I seen others do it? Yes. Does it bother me they did? Yes. Does it bother me enough to hit them? No.

I was pointing out how drivers see one cyclist run a red, and that means all cyclists are evil and must die. Yet a driver does it and they probably mutter "moron" under their breath and continue with their day.

Old July 12th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #2027
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
The question isn't how much danger does it cause other motorists but rather how much danger does it cause other cyclists? The laws are the laws and breaking them yourself just incites anger against others who may not commit the same infractions.
BTW, speeding is breaking the law, too... who doesn't do that?
Does that incite people to run you over when you speed?

Old July 12th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #2028
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I would be lying if I said I didn't run stop lights and stop signs. But only if I can see for miles each way without traffic, and if there's any question on line of sight, I never ever approach an intersection at full speed. Am I wrong? Sure. But if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?

But remember, I live in the country of west-central Ohio. I can go for a 50 mile ride and have 47 miles of cornfields. It's very different than when I was in the suburbs between Cleveland and Akron...

Old July 12th, 2017, 06:28 PM   #2029
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
BTW, speeding is breaking the law, too... who doesn't do that?
Does that incite people to run you over when you speed?
Everyone speeds; everyone doesn't run red lights, and beyond that, it doesn't matter what everybody else does. Running red lights and stop signs is a specific infraction committed by some cyclists that pisses motorists off. There is no equivalency there.

Old July 13th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #2030
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Everyone speeds; everyone doesn't run red lights, and beyond that, it doesn't matter what everybody else does. Running red lights and stop signs is a specific infraction committed by some cyclists that pisses motorists off. There is no equivalency there.
Clearly, you don't understand the meaning of: breaking the law.
Speeding is breaking the law; there is the equivalent.

Old July 13th, 2017, 06:36 AM   #2031
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Now I remember why I had you blocked. Back into the void you go!

Old July 13th, 2017, 08:41 AM   #2032
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Now I remember why I had you blocked. Back into the void you go!
Blocking me doesn't make speeding any less of a crime than running a red light.

You ignore the facts is what lead you to believe your own lies... just another example of what's wrong with society.

What kind of citizen are we if we consider ok to speed but not ok to run a red light?

It's ok for elected officials (or relatives) to commit high treason, but just fake news or a crime to expose it.

Old July 13th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #2033
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Quote:
So because everyone does it makes it less illegal?

I'll just start running reds and make it a trend, then everyone will do it and it will be okay.

I think the big thing is that if a motorist sees another motorist do something kind of stupid, they tend to blow it off and shake their head. But a bike doing it, then it is "CALL THE COPS! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE! MORONS!"

It is rather hypocritical.

I see cars rolling through reds making right hand turns ALL THE TIME. They roll through stop signs ALL THE TIME in my neighborhood. Yet a bike rolls through a stop sign, and they freak; even though I'm pretty sure they have rolled through stop signs before as well (at least to some degree). I mean a "california roll" through a stop sign is still the same as driving through it at 30mph. You still failed to stop. There is no grey area. I believe the proper stop technique for a car is stop, feel the car rock slightly, and then you have made a complete stop.

Old July 13th, 2017, 09:35 AM   #2034
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Quote:

I'll just start running reds and make it a trend, then everyone will do it and it will be okay.

As silly as it is, yes; that's exactly how it would work. People get angry at cyclists for blowing through stops for the same reason they get angry at us for lane splitting, whether it's legal or not; they can't do the same thing and see it as some sort of cheating. "I'm not allowed to do that, so why are they! They should have to wait like everyone else!" Cars speed and get away with it all the time; the same is not true for running a stop.

Old July 13th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #2035
Demonik
V-Twin Addict

Name: Robert "Doc"

Motorcycle(s): '99 Buell X1, '09 Buell 1125CR,'10 Kaw EX250 (down to one), '13 MV Agusta F3

I'm late getting in this thread. I love riding my bike. I have a little Trek 7.5 that I use for about 20-ish mile a couple of times a week in and around the Seattle area with some nice upgrades. Mainly, I like the color -- that's why I haven't bought anything better. It's neon green/solar yellow.

I need to get those bar-end tassels and a bell fo'sho

We have miles and miles of parks where they pulled up old train tracks and paved them into bike trails and DAMN you can ride forever. It's so beautiful to get out here year-round and ride into the green calm weather with a snow-capped volcano in the distance and light, warm air, peaceful people, I just can't even explain.

My female counterpart has some SERIOUS carbon fiber roadbike I call the cheater bike. It cost us thousands and thousands -- I think it says Emonda or something? I'll have to see later. Anyway, hope that gets me in on this thread.

"I wrecked a moped once trying to pick up bitches in front of a party doing a stoppie" 14/10 would do again.
Demonik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #2036
CaliGrrl

Quote:
I see cars rolling through reds making right hand turns ALL THE TIME. They roll through stop signs ALL THE TIME in my neighborhood. Yet a bike rolls through a stop sign, and they freak; even though I'm pretty sure they have rolled through stop signs before as well (at least to some degree). I mean a "california roll" through a stop sign is still the same as driving through it at 30mph. You still failed to stop. There is no grey area. I believe the proper stop technique for a car is stop, feel the car rock slightly, and then you have made a complete stop.
Yep. That is a legal stop and almost nobody does it unless you have to wait for a red light to change. Or a cop's watching the intersection.

Same kind of bias we apply to a lot of things- I only do this thing a little bit, and it's safe, so it's ok. But let the other guy do it and we lose our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonik View Post
I love riding my bike. I have a little Trek 7.5 that I use for about 20-ish mile a couple of times a week in and around the Seattle area with some nice upgrades. Mainly, I like the color -- that's why I haven't bought anything better. It's neon green/solar yellow.
Whoo! Keep pedaling!

You remind me that I need to put more miles on mine.

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #2037
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:

I think the big thing is that if a motorist sees another motorist do something kind of stupid, they tend to blow it off and shake their head. But a bike doing it, then it is "CALL THE COPS! WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE! MORONS!"

It is rather hypocritical.

It is gray, and I have been told by Police it is gray, that I can roll through stop signs without putting a foot down, but not at 15 MPH. He even put the 15 mph on my ticket.

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #2038
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

It sure is grey. I live way out among the tobacco fields of NC, with very little traffic. Around here, I once rode right past a stop sign at full speed, not seeing the cop watching in his car, but he didn't react. The intersection was open and I could clearly see that no cars were approaching. Then I went to Fayetteville WV for Bridge Day and the friend I was visiting blew a stop sigh on his bike. I slowed down and looked both ways, and rode though, and a cop stopped us. It appeared that he was planning to ticket us both until I explained that I was a visitor, and although I knew it was not an excuse, back home the sheriff's deputies didn't care about bikes and stop signs. I also apologized and said that I knew I was in the wrong. He let us both go after some talk about the law.

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:50 AM   #2039
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
State Trooper friend told me 10mph over on the interstates will not get you pulled over.
Do that in a school zone it will.

I was pulled over for doing 80 in a 55 once. It was 2 am so I passed the breathalyzer and was sent on my merry way with no ticket.

lots of gray

Old July 13th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #2040
CaliGrrl

Yeah, that sounds about right. A cop once told me that most of the time limit+10 won't get you hassled much but that didn't take into account school zones. Especially at the start of the school year.

Also, be polite and don't piss off the cop if you do get pulled over.