ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #41
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonfibergsx View Post
so first off i wanna say i am new to this site and modding bikes in general but i recently got new led front signals and a integrated led tail light and the hotbodies undertail kit and i see i need the flasher relay and diode kit but how exactly is this all supposed to tie in together do i need the diode kit in front and resistors in back im confused
An electronic relay removes the need for resistors. The diode kit is so the blinkers don't all flash at the same time like hazard lights.

http://modmy250.com/diy.html

That site has videos on how to install them.

Old April 9th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #42
carbonfibergsx
ninjette.org newbie

Name: LEVI

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

The video was only 2:14 and was cut off is there another one and I ordered my Diode kit from custom leds is it the same install pretty much I'm just waiting for them to arrive however I installed my led integrated brake light and spliced the yellow wires into the green and grey powers on my turn signals on my undertailight but the signals aren't doing anything on the light but my undertailights are flashing as expected
carbonfibergsx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #43
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

The video is complete. I made sure of it. There's also a thread here with pics linked in a previous post. Not sure about the integrated tail light. I would email customled for support.

Old October 12th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #44
TexasCrusader
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
An electronic relay removes the need for resistors. The diode kit is so the blinkers don't all flash at the same time like hazard lights.

http://modmy250.com/diy.html

That site has videos on how to install them.
First post gentlemen. Also this is my first bike. I think I am in a similar situation as others that have asked questions around here (but want to make sure).

I installed a hotbodies undertail (along with a EP34, grounded it as well). I still have the stock front turn signals.

When I turn the right ones on, they all work just fine (as well as the indicator on the instrument cluster). When I turn the left ones on, all 4 lights blink and the instrument cluster doesn't come on.

So does this mean I need a diode mod?
TexasCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #45
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCrusader View Post
First post gentlemen. Also this is my first bike. I think I am in a similar situation as others that have asked questions around here (but want to make sure).

I installed a hotbodies undertail (along with a EP34, grounded it as well). I still have the stock front turn signals.

When I turn the right ones on, they all work just fine (as well as the indicator on the instrument cluster). When I turn the left ones on, all 4 lights blink and the instrument cluster doesn't come on.

So does this mean I need a diode mod?
Strange that the front stockers don't pull enough wattage to keep the system working. Yes, you need a diode kit.

PS welcome to the forum

Old October 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #46
TexasCrusader
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Strange that the front stockers don't pull enough wattage to keep the system working. Yes, you need a diode kit.

PS welcome to the forum
Thanks a lot man.
TexasCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #47
law129
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

2008 250 ninja. OEM in back and LED in front?

I have OEM blinkers in the back. When i switch them on, they just come on not flash. If i switch the right on, it comes on but doesn't blink. Vice versa witht the left. I bought the integrated LED turn siganl mirrors for the front. I knew they wouldnt work properly but thought they would at lest come on. They wont even light up. the wires to the front are hot. I tested them and they are okay. When I purchase the relay, will that fix the problem? Any help wuold be great.
law129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2014, 02:27 PM   #48
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

The relay should fix your issue with it not blinking Lee. As for the front lights not coming on, if the wires are getting hot, it means the polarity is probably reversed.

Old February 26th, 2014, 03:00 PM   #49
law129
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

Thanks for the reply. They aren't getting hot I just mean they are working. The positive has power. Do you kow what model number I would need for a relay? I have a 2008 ninja 250r
law129 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2014, 04:05 PM   #50
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

I sell them on my site, or you can do a search for other ones on this forum. Just don't get the EL12. The relay may not fix the mirror led issue. It could be any number of problems for those.

Old July 1st, 2014, 03:50 PM   #51
chrispy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Christopher

I have a 2009 Ninja 250 and i laid it down recently
lost a blinker and decided to just replace all of them
these are the ones i got and installed
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch
these are NOT LEDs, they are regular bulbs
after i installed them, i tested them and my relay just buzzes and the blinkers are very dim and will not flash right
i checked all my connections and they're correct (positive to positive, negative to negative) it's just a basic 2 wire connection + and -
is there some kind of new relay i can get? the only reason i'm thinking that this is happening is because they use a different wattage or something than the relay usually handles but i don't know which kind to get. i'm a dummy when it comes to electrical stuff lol. thanks!
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 1st, 2014, 08:51 PM   #52
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
I have a 2009 Ninja 250 and i laid it down recently
lost a blinker and decided to just replace all of them
these are the ones i got and installed
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch
these are NOT LEDs, they are regular bulbs
after i installed them, i tested them and my relay just buzzes and the blinkers are very dim and will not flash right
i checked all my connections and they're correct (positive to positive, negative to negative) it's just a basic 2 wire connection + and -
is there some kind of new relay i can get? the only reason i'm thinking that this is happening is because they use a different wattage or something than the relay usually handles but i don't know which kind to get. i'm a dummy when it comes to electrical stuff lol. thanks!
I'm not sure what the wattage on the stock bulbs are but I'd check the stock and the new ones and make sure that it's the only difference(if different at all) before jumping to the relay. But an electric relay would do the trick I believe, there should be one mentioned here somewhere

Old July 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM   #53
chrispy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
I'm not sure what the wattage on the stock bulbs are but I'd check the stock and the new ones and make sure that it's the only difference(if different at all) before jumping to the relay. But an electric relay would do the trick I believe, there should be one mentioned here somewhere
Thanks I appreciate your advice. I'll get right to checking with what you suggested!
chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2014, 01:04 PM   #54
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
H7 standard is 55w.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #55
sreisig1
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

I have a 2010 Ninja 250r. I bought a pair of Competition Werkes flush mount turn signals. I have tried 2 different led flasher relays and still, the lights don't even turn on let alone flash.

I also have an led brake light with integrated turn signals and it works fine on the new relays.

If I unplug the brake light, and flip on the turn signals, the led relay makes the clicking noise, but they don't turn on or flash or anything. If I plug in the stock incandescant turn signals, they work fine.

Anyone know what's wrong? Are these lights broken?

I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sreisig1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2014, 01:36 PM   #56
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Free bump for a little more help.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM   #57
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreisig1 View Post
I have a 2010 Ninja 250r. I bought a pair of Competition Werkes flush mount turn signals. I have tried 2 different led flasher relays and still, the lights don't even turn on let alone flash.

I also have an led brake light with integrated turn signals and it works fine on the new relays.

If I unplug the brake light, and flip on the turn signals, the led relay makes the clicking noise, but they don't turn on or flash or anything. If I plug in the stock incandescant turn signals, they work fine.

Anyone know what's wrong? Are these lights broken?

I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The turn signal circuit is very simple. The orange/green wire comes out of the fusebox and goes to the flasher. The flasher does its thing, and "flashing" 12V comes out of it on the orange wire, leading up to the bar switch. The switch connects the orange wire to green or gray for left or right. The green and gray wires run to the left and right signals, which use the common black/yellow ground wire to complete the circuit.

My first guess is that you have the new signals wired backwards. LEDs are polarized so they have a distinct + and -, while incandescent bulbs will work wired up either way. You can test the LED signals by connecting them directly to the + and - of the battery. If they don't work either way, then they're defective. The fact that the stock signals work indicates that the fuse, flasher, wiring, and anything else in the circuit are working, so the issue must be with the new signals themselves.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.