ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old December 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM   #81
mattyg909
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

thanks so much paul i really do appreciate it
mattyg909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM   #82
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Hah, or you could do it that way

As far as the flasher relay, I'd say grab the one you've got and hit up your local auto-parts store for an electronic flasher relay that'll handle LED loads.

Here's a post in this thread that discusses someone else's solution relay that also removed the stock flashers.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...5&postcount=31

Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:01 AM   #83
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

sooo... im confused as all hell.. i have no idea what a diode is or what a resistor does

i plan on installing protons with a bm integrated tail light.. apparently the tail light comes with a flasher relay.. what else do I need?

Old January 2nd, 2010, 10:35 AM   #84
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
sooo... im confused as all hell.. i have no idea what a diode is or what a resistor does

i plan on installing protons with a bm integrated tail light.. apparently the tail light comes with a flasher relay.. what else do I need?
Here's a DIY on how to wire a DIODE, there may be another way to get it to work, but I know this way definitely works.... http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...e+turn+signals
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM   #85
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

ok so i need a diode. thanks man. im not sure i understand why though, i read through a bunch of these threads dealing with tail lights and resistors and led's.. but i cant seem to understand why i need it

Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:29 PM   #86
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Diode prevent back flow. You put it in per instruction to sep out right from left line so each signal works indep of each other..otherwise if you hit the signal, both side will flash (at stock rate if you swapped out the flasher).
I've done the research and gave the info to another member who wrote a nice and easy diy to follow...
Posted via Mobile Device
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM   #87
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

nice, that makes sense, i read somewhere on here that the other side lights up because of backflow and since diodes prevent back flow that seems to make sense. thanks again

Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:21 PM   #88
RD423
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Where do u put the FL-32? I am not sure where to put it or how to install it.
RD423 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:34 PM   #89
Momaru

The FL-32 replaces the stock signal flasher relay, located in the rear left (as if you're sitting on the bike) tail cowling just behind and outboard of the seat. Here's a picture of my stock relay from my '08 once I'd removed it

You just pull the stock relay off the white plug pictured here (from OP) and attach your new relay. Might want to zip-tie it in place though.

Old March 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #90
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

When i put the turn signals on, the correct side of the tail light flashes, but in between flashes, the running light doesnt stay on, so essentially, half the light goes off and just blinks yellow instead of red to yellow then red back to yellow pattern? help

also how do i wire the rear stock signals in addition to the bm light

note: protons installed along with diode under teh dash.

Old March 11th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #91
Momaru

AJ, turns out my bike does the same thing; amber flashing instead of red-amber alternating for turn signal. I've got the same setup: protons up front, diode mod and BM in the rear (both stock & integrated signals in back). Think it's something to do with the diode mod, but not sure. However I like the change as I think it's simpler for cagers so I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Old March 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #92
blbills
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I really like the bike monkey integrated tail light.

Does anyone have an electrical schematic of one? Or pictures of the inside? Is it just a series of LED's with resistors for each different circuit? (Brake, left/right turn signals) Or is there something special about it?

Thanks.
blbills is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #93
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blbills View Post
I really like the bike monkey integrated tail light.

Does anyone have an electrical schematic of one? Or pictures of the inside? Is it just a series of LED's with resistors for each different circuit? (Brake, left/right turn signals) Or is there something special about it?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you're exactly looking for but take a look at this. It might help a bit.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...t=24500&page=2

the tail light has resistors in it so you don't need any if thats what youre asking. if this post didnt help then reword the question and maybe ill be able to help.

Old May 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #94
QUE5710N
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Hayabusa

Sorry for this being my first post to the site but Ive got til tomorrow to figure this out and I go to work in 2 hours. I have installed the light into the bike and inserted bulb like fitting. I replaced the stock signal resistor thing with a FL-32; however, my LED signals are not flashing and my tail light stays lit as if the brake is being applied. I checked all 6 or 7 of the fuses in the box all were good. What to do? Please help and Il make sure and post my intro. Monday. Thanks ahead of time for the help.
QUE5710N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #95
jonthechron
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 1000 - 2011, Ninja H2 SX SE - 2018

Hum, I can help you figure it out, but I need more details on your installation.. beginning with..

What is this FL-32 "thingy" you speak about? Can you provide me with a link to where you got it? Or provide it's specs, or something?

How did you connect the light? Try and get some CLEAR PICTURES about your installation and joints, if that's not possible, at least what wire you connected with what other wire.
jonthechron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #96
xKoTx
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dmitriy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250

ok installed mine it doesnt flash . i removed the original turn signals so now all i have to do is change the relay? what is the exact part i need to get ?
xKoTx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #97
QUE5710N
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Hayabusa

jonthechron: the fl-32 part is the resistor for leds. I got it from autozone. It allows my blinkers to flash, which are working perfectly but my brake like is constantly illuminated. As far as installation, I didn't splice any wires I just plugged in the 1157 light bulb part into the taillight light bulb socket.
QUE5710N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #98
xKoTx
ninjette.org newbie

But you removed the original turn signals or kept them?

Old May 13th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #99
Momaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUE5710N View Post
jonthechron: the fl-32 part is the resistor for leds. I got it from autozone. It allows my blinkers to flash, which are working perfectly but my brake like is constantly illuminated. As far as installation, I didn't splice any wires I just plugged in the 1157 light bulb part into the taillight light bulb socket.
Might check your brake light sensors, especially the one just inboard of the foot/rear brake pedal; the flasher change shouldn't affect your brake light function. You adjust the cutoff for the rear brake light signal by rotating the plastic nut up/down on the threads.

(pic borrowed from Samuel913's DIY on WRRP rearset install)

For clarity, I believe the FL-32 is a flasher relay, not a resistor.

Old May 13th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #100
Momaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoTx View Post
ok installed mine it doesnt flash . i removed the original turn signals so now all i have to do is change the relay? what is the exact part i need to get ?
Do the turn signals light @ all? They should at least light whether you've got the right relay or not.
I assume you hooked the blue & yellow wires coming from the BM light into the associated positive leads from the flasher signals on the stock wiring when you removed the stock turn signals?

Old May 13th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #101
xKoTx
ninjette.org newbie

yes i connected them to the positive and the just stay on so do i need resistors to close the chain or just change the relay?

Old May 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #102
Momaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja52 View Post
When i put the turn signals on, the correct side of the tail light flashes, but in between flashes, the running light doesnt stay on, so essentially, half the light goes off and just blinks yellow instead of red to yellow then red back to yellow pattern? help

also how do i wire the rear stock signals in addition to the bm light

note: protons installed along with diode under teh dash.
Figured it out, at least in my case. I'd bought the wrong type of flasher, which wound up causing some weird issues with my Protons as well as the BM "no interim red". Replaced it with one of the CF12ANL-01 from superbrightLEDS and all works as it should now

Old November 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM   #103
romeo127
ninjette.org member

Name: romeo

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250

i know im late by a year but i just got my bike and ordered the bike monkey integrated tail light, when i was installing the black wire from the integrated tail light came out of the housing, is there any place that i could take this to solder it back into the housing?
romeo127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #104
power noob
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Taylor

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Do you guys like this bikemonkey light better than the shinto integrated break light?
power noob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM   #105
sterlan
ninjette.org newbie

Name: orlando

Motorcycle(s): 250R

Hey I have a problem and i wanted to know if you can help me out. I have a 2010 ninja 250R and i am trying to install a integrated tail light from Bike Monkeys. I connected all the wires and connectors, but when i tried to do a test, The brake light works. However the the right and left turn signals they just stay on and does not blink. If you can help me out that will be great. Thank you.
sterlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #106
romeo127
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlan View Post
Hey I have a problem and i wanted to know if you can help me out. I have a 2010 ninja 250R and i am trying to install a integrated tail light from Bike Monkeys. I connected all the wires and connectors, but when i tried to do a test, The brake light works. However the the right and left turn signals they just stay on and does not blink. If you can help me out that will be great. Thank you.
Did you replace your electronic flasher?

Old December 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #107
sterlan
ninjette.org newbie

Not sure what you mean about a electronic flasher. Is that the stock flasher relay? \If that is what you are referring to, then no, i did not replace it. The only thing i did was replace the rear stock light with the BM integrated tail light. All the wires are connected correctly because the brake light, left and right signal light function. The only problem i have is with the turn signals not flashing, they just stay on without blinking. please please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Old December 11th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #108
TenaciousD
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlan View Post
Not sure what you mean about a electronic flasher. Is that the stock flasher relay? \If that is what you are referring to, then no, i did not replace it. The only thing i did was replace the rear stock light with the BM integrated tail light. All the wires are connected correctly because the brake light, left and right signal light function. The only problem i have is with the turn signals not flashing, they just stay on without blinking. please please help me!!!!!!!!!!!
From post #59 in this very thread
Quote:
Just to add to this thread, if you use the BM tail light signals with the stock front blinkers then you will need an electronic flaher. You can purchase the FL-32 flasher at Autozone for $8.00. Works great! Remove your stock flasher and install the FL-32, no cutting, direct fit. I also used the kawi universal signal wire kits that I purchased from cyclegear. Again direct fit, no cutting.

Old December 11th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #109
romeo127
ninjette.org member

Yea go to kragen or autozone and bring the stock relay and they should direct you to a thermal flasher relay or an eltronic flash relay 552 I think. I had that same problem all will be solved after the new relay

Old December 12th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #110
sterlan
ninjette.org newbie

thank you guys for the help. I will definitely get the FL-32 Electronic Flasher Relay and install it as soon as possible. I will give you guys and update once i install it.

Old January 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #111
Shadozknight
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Avi

Motorcycle(s): 10 ninja 250r

Question?

First, this site is great! Just got my 250 a month ago. Just got my integrated tail light. So I just connect the yellow from the new taillight to the green from the bike and nothing to the negative from the bike? I think I read this earlier but wanted to be 100% before I start touching the electrical.
Thanks in advance

Since I just posted, I thought I'd also let ppl know that a lot of ppl want to know how a Level One Racing exhaust sounds like. Check out my YouTube cause I got one since no-one else has one..lol
-avi-

Last futzed with by Shadozknight; January 17th, 2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Add
Shadozknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #112
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hi Avi -

No such thing as off the subject here, but things need to be in the appropriate area. Why don't you move the post about the exhaust to its own new thread in the tech section? This thread is a DIY (do-it-yourself) thread for the bikemonkey tail light install.

- Alex

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 17th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #113
Shadozknight
ninjette.org newbie

Too much to take in one night

So now if I do install my integrated tail light and also have front led lights, I gotta add diodes too, to get them all not light up at the same time? Geez

Last futzed with by Shadozknight; January 17th, 2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Wrong term used

Old April 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #114
snowsoldier
ninjette.org member

Name: snowsoldier

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r - yoshi slip-on, fender-elim, Pazzo levers, Pro-bolt gold mods, b-monkey ITL, SSR hanger/spools

so, all i have to do it install light - blue/yellow wires to positive. remove stock signals off bike.
and change relay flasher so it can support leds?

sounds easy enough!
snowsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #115
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I just got my Sportisi undertail and I'm wondering if I should wait until I can afford to buy an integrated tail light before I install it. Because it surrounds the tail light with the same piece that goes under the tail I can see it making things difficult if I can't take it off easily. Should I wait?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #116
Momaru

I'd say that depends on how much of a stinker to the undertail is to install. The tabs and rear-sear support spar in the back make it pretty much impossible to pull the light 'into' the bike to remove it, so I'd expect the undertail will have to come off.

That said, I don't have an aftermarket undertail, so I might be wrong, but my

Old April 28th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #117
muzkur
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 10' Ninja 250R

Thanks!
That DIY was so useful! My taillight was done.

Old May 13th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #118
Nayt
ninjette.org member

Name: Nayt

Motorcycle(s): 011 ninja 250r

You may have covered this already, sorry. But, the bikemonkey tail light has two wires yellow (h0t) and blue (negative) where exactly are these being wired to since there is only ONE pair of wires and TWO signals left and right.
Nayt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #119
Shadozknight
ninjette.org newbie

wiring

those are the positive wires to the left blinker and the right blinker. the ground is run from the 1 ground wire thats connected to the brake light in the center housing. in another words, you dont need to wire anything to the negative for the blinkers, just to the positive for the left and right blinker.

Old May 14th, 2011, 07:30 AM   #120
muzkur
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 10' Ninja 250R

Indeed.
At first looks weird but make sense.

Using the brake negative wire it don't need a resistor to blink correct I guess.