ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old February 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #41
jdubbya
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

Heres a dumb question: How do you handle a manual choke with remote start, seems like you would have 2 options, to leave it choked when you get off the bike so its ready when remote started, which would lead to the engine racing away until you went out and moved the choke lever, or try to let it start without any choke....
jdubbya is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #42
KevDotsonEMT
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ex300 black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
This mod is not specific to FI or Carbs - all should work just fine.
I worked off the diagram for US (carbs) version, and I have an FI bike...

Also, for the remote start...
I chose not to disclose how to 'hotwire' the bike for the remote start to bypass the anti-jacking device, as the bike thieves may find it interesting. Send me a PM and I can tell you how it's done. If you're a genuine member needing the info for genuine reasons - I will reply to your PM.
Hey there, I have been trying to research this all over the internet and dont have a clue, please tell me the remote start fix you came across to disable the anti jacking thing. I am installing a hawk x40 alarm and remote start, I know its one of the simpler models of alarms but on a budget, I know the alarms wires but dont have a clue of how to make the remote start work on what color wires are on the bike, I did get the alarm part hooked up and working fine. Any help would be greately appriciated, also I read at one point that a resistor fixes the problem.
KevDotsonEMT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:25 PM   #43
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Pullin' a kkim on us, are you, OP?

Anyway, I'd like to know what this alarm typically costs.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #44
spider2k
ninjette.org newbie

Name: ryan

Motorcycle(s): 250r

anyone willing to come south of atlanta(jonesboro) ill be happy to help you with installing security/remote start on your bikes.

ive been a mobile electronics installer for 15 years so i promise i know what im doing

i bought an FZ6-R instead of the 250R but i still like to help folks out with interesting jobs.
spider2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #45
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider2k View Post
anyone willing to come south of atlanta(jonesboro) ill be happy to help you with installing security/remote start on your bikes.

ive been a mobile electronics installer for 15 years so i promise i know what im doing

i bought an FZ6-R instead of the 250R but i still like to help folks out with interesting jobs.
How much for your services?

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #46
spider2k
ninjette.org newbie

Name: ryan

Motorcycle(s): 250r

wasn't as concerned with the $$ as I am something a little more interesting than the norm. I've done hundreds of cars , only a dozen or so bikes so it's still not so boring
spider2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #47
chickenwarrior
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Hate to make a bad first impression by reviving a very old thread, but the images don't seem to be working anymore. Anyone have the tutorial in another format/site? My alarm just arrived in the mail, and I went back to refer to these handy instructions only to find the pictures gone...
chickenwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #48
PistolPete93
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwarrior View Post
Hate to make a bad first impression by reviving a very old thread, but the images don't seem to be working anymore. Anyone have the tutorial in another format/site? My alarm just arrived in the mail, and I went back to refer to these handy instructions only to find the pictures gone...
Same here, installed mine a few weeks ago anyway. pretty simple if you do it piece by piece. I didn't install the remote start, it seems too complicated. Start with hooking it up to the positive of your battery and the ground. Find a spot to mount all the components like the brain and antennae and microwave sensor (mine is on top of the battery cover)

Then hook the wires for the turn signal up. My bike already had flush mounts on the side, so i just attached the brain wire to where my turn signal wire was already cut (for me this is under the fairings on the left and right side)

and thats all I hooked up. This will make your alarm work perfect, just without having the remote start.
PistolPete93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #49
wyciwug
ninjette.org member

Name: danh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250 se

issue with burning wires 2010 Ninja 250/ alarm

I followed your instruction without a problem. I do not use the blue wire. And I connect the pink and brown wires to the IG's thicker brown wire under the fuse box and the gray wire from the alarm to the thinner brown wire as in the picture. The alarm itself worked great. Then I disable the alarm, put key in the ignition and turn key on, then start the bike, bike starts no problem

This is where the issue of burning wire comes from. If i did not disarm the alarm and put key in the ignition and turn key on without starting the bike. The Pink and Brown wires start smoking. What could be the problem? Can any members help me with this? Thanks a ton.

Last futzed with by wyciwug; June 17th, 2013 at 02:48 PM.
wyciwug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #50
mikew
ninjette.org newbie

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): klx250s

hey I just joined this site because of this alarm
this is the first site from I think the 4 ive seen that explain how to connect the kill switch

of course I dont have the same bike I have a klx 250s

I did try on my own connecting the brown into the 12v positve
but not the pink with it
when I did the brown the entire alarm would not activate

and I still need to figure where to connect the gray wire in all of my wiring as im sure my wiring is way different from yours

Edit

Found the. Ign fuse
On my bike it's small wires. But one was brown the other red
Did the brown/pink to brown
Gray to red.

Left out fuse. But bike still starts
Tried other way still starts

Not sure what to do next

Edit again
Found with ign fuse out bike still starts?
So maybe it's not an ignition fuse like I thought

From what I can see I have only 2 fuses under my seat
Fan and ing
And a main 20 amp that controls everything

How is it even starting with the ing fuse out
mikew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2014, 06:19 PM   #51
sreisig1
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Alarm is working fine. I didn't hook up the remote start. When I arm or disarm, the power wire and maybe other wires seem warm/hot. Saw smoke at one point too? I have a 2010 ninja 250r. I replaced the fuse with a 30amp fuse because the 15a it came with got blown the first time I armed it? Works fine with the 30amp fuse, but now when it armed it gets very warm to the touch. Do I need to put in another fuse on the red positive power wire?
sreisig1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2014, 04:42 AM   #52
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreisig1 View Post
Alarm is working fine. I didn't hook up the remote start. When I arm or disarm, the power wire and maybe other wires seem warm/hot. Saw smoke at one point too? I have a 2010 ninja 250r. I replaced the fuse with a 30amp fuse because the 15a it came with got blown the first time I armed it? Works fine with the 30amp fuse, but now when it armed it gets very warm to the touch. Do I need to put in another fuse on the red positive power wire?
I would say no!

The fuse it comes with has worked perfectly on mine with remote start. You would you need to determine why the wires are getting hot before something else goes wrong. Either you have a faulty alarm or there is something connected wrong.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2014, 05:27 AM   #53
sreisig1
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
I would say no!

The fuse it comes with has worked perfectly on mine with remote start. You would you need to determine why the wires are getting hot before something else goes wrong. Either you have a faulty alarm or there is something connected wrong.
Working now. Had to switch the turning signal wires it was wired to. Works great now. Only issue is when I disarm it, it auto rearms itself after like 30 seconds. How do you disable this. It's sitting in my garage and don't need it armed while it's sitting in there or if I'm working on it... Didn't realize it had this dumb feature. How do you disarm it and have it stay off without having the bike on

Old August 1st, 2014, 05:53 AM   #54
dubojr1

Quote:
Working now. Had to switch the turning signal wires it was wired to. Works great now. Only issue is when I disarm it, it auto rearms itself after like 30 seconds. How do you disable this. It's sitting in my garage and don't need it armed while it's sitting in there or if I'm working on it... Didn't realize it had this dumb feature. How do you disarm it and have it stay off without having the bike on
You can disarm, start the bike, and then shut it back off. The alarm should give you warning notification that you havent armed it but should not rearm itself. The only time it should rearm on its on is when you have armed it but did not start it and ride off. Make sense?

Old August 1st, 2014, 05:55 AM   #55
sreisig1
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
You can disarm, start the bike, and then shut it back off. The alarm should give you warning notification that you havent armed it but should not rearm itself. The only time it should rearm on its on is when you have armed it but did not start it and ride off. Make sense?
I haven't hooked up any ignition wires though. Just the red, black, and yellows.

I haven't wired of the brown, blue, grey, or pink.

I read somewhere I can turn the key to on and then turn back to off and that will work.

Do I need to wire the brown wire to my brake light in order for that work around to work?

Old August 1st, 2014, 06:35 AM   #56
dubojr1

Quote:
I haven't hooked up any ignition wires though. Just the red, black, and yellows.

I haven't wired of the brown, blue, grey, or pink.

I read somewhere I can turn the key to on and then turn back to off and that will work.

Do I need to wire the brown wire to my brake light in order for that work around to work?
To be honest I don't remember the whole wiring connections. I do know the pink and brown are part of the RS feature so I would say you'd need to complete all desired wiring connections to expect the proper function from the alarm.

Old December 18th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #57
umbong
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Wilbur

Motorcycle(s): CBR150fi

I would like to revive this forum. I need help with this alarm. I have a CBR150fi (asia/philippines version). Since CBR150fi doesn't have aa engine/kill switch, where do I connect the pink and gray wire?
umbong is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #58
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Drat! Should have saved as a PDF because the pictures are gone now. Any way to restore them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbong View Post
I would like to revive this forum. I need help with this alarm. I have a CBR150fi (asia/philippines version). Since CBR150fi doesn't have aa engine/kill switch, where do I connect the pink and gray wire?
I imagine that anywhere that gets power when the key is turned on will work. You could even make a switch, though it might not control the engine. Good luck!

Old December 19th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #59
umbong
ninjette.org newbie

I test the pink and gray wire. They say its a relay. So my testing was to check the behavior of these two wire (Its continuity). When you hit the ARM or DISARM button, these wires (pink and gray) are CLOSED. But when you hit the lightning/start, it OPENS. I'm so confuse right now. T.T

Old January 9th, 2015, 01:21 AM   #60
umbong
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Sorry for a late reply, but here it is (see attachment).
The way I did it, I fed those wires through empty slots, and inside the fuse box. Took the IG fuse out, and pushed the wires into the corresponding slots where the fuse contacts used to go. This way you don't have to cut any wires.
This doesn't work for me.

Old April 20th, 2016, 05:31 PM   #61
jbarms321
ninjette.org newbie

Name: J.B.

Motorcycle(s): GSX-R750

Can't see pitcures for some reason....

This looks like an awesome description of the install, one that I've been looking for, but I cant seem to see the pictures on any of my computers. I would love to figure out how I can see this so I can successfully install my spy 5000m! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.
jbarms321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:05 PM   #62
Its_Scott
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE ABS

This is awesome. Thanks OP
Its_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2016, 03:03 AM   #63
Hemipower
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): 96 kawasaki ninja zx6r

Spy 5000 alarm

I have been trying to hook upthe remote start wire on my 96 kawasaki ninja has anyone found a answer how to hook it up
Hemipower is offline   Reply With Quote