ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #1
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Foot clutch lever height

Is it OK to lower my foot clutch lever height an inch from factory height?
Will it scrub if I like to lean?

I find it uncomfortable to lift my foot up every time I want to shift. If I drop the clutch peg an inch it's inline with my toes as I read was suggested somewhere or another.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2009, 07:27 PM   #2
kkim

adjust it to suit you. your peg feelers will touch/scrape before the shift lever will.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #3
ninja250
You are sleeping

Thank you!
I've never made it that far yet anyways but something tells me I might one day.

I moved it down by turning the shifter output arm clamp (I guess you would call it) one spline. I still think I might end up bringing it back up a hair by adjusting the actual linkage rod too. Will play with it more tomorrow.

Thanks again.
I got my bike up no problems with your pics and some new stands and spools.
The bike was nowhere near falling over. This thing will be fun to maintain and wrench on.

Old November 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #4
kkim

best way that I've found to adjust it properly is to take it out far a ride, shift it, bring it back home, adjust the shift rod length and go back out and ride it to fine tune. it takes a few tries, but when it's perfect, you'll know it.

Be sure to wear the shoes/boots that you usually ride to fine tune the shift lever position as different boots make a difference on where the lever should be set. When I first got my bike, it was fine, but after I bought my riding boots, I would miss shifts at times due to the bulkier nature of the boot. After I adjusted it while riding with the boots, I've never had a problem.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #5
ninja250
You are sleeping

Will do.
Never leave home on a bike without those Sidi vertigo corsa's..

I feel a story coming!
I dropped a big ol heavy jixxer on my ankle once when my pants got stuck on the peg and I couldn't set my foot down at a stop sign. Didn't bust my ankle but it was sore and swollen for two weeks. Would have been busted for sure without those boots. Only way I walked away from a totally stupid accident and learned multiple things that day. Including a bike that floods when you dump it doesn't start for the ride home.

Old December 1st, 2009, 03:12 PM   #6
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Is it OK to lower my foot clutch lever height an inch from factory height?
When we lowered ours, our toe kept hitting the kickstand switch. We changed the big bolt that holds it in place for a button head, and added two shims to the shifter to bring it out. Seemed to help allot
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2009, 09:53 PM   #7
ninja250
You are sleeping

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
When we lowered ours, our toe kept hitting the kickstand switch. We changed the big bolt that holds it in place for a button head, and added two shims to the shifter to bring it out. Seemed to help allot
Thanks, will keep this in mind if I bump into this problem.
I think I lowered mine just a hair too much. It might take me a week or two to get the shifter knob thingy right where I want it..