ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old September 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #1
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Installing New AP Exhaust

Picking up my new AP Exhaust today and hopefully can get it installed before work!
I'm going to take some pics of the whole deal, even though there is some tutorials already I Just felt like sharing.

Ill also be posting pics of when I start to Re-jet the carb and hoping for some input on the adventure.

Since I can't pick up the exhaust for another 2 hours im decided to do some quick mods in the mean time.

Followed what @Alex http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=964 did to his rear fender and just chopped it off with a hack saw. I think it looks a little better.

Then i went ahead and painted my windscreen black. Used Rust-oleum black multi purpose primer that i had laying around when i repainted the gas tank. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46691

Just took off the stock exhaust, pretty simple i followed @kkim http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10005 post about taking it off.
xaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You might be interested in this thread:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10005
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #3
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
You might be interested in this thread:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10005
I spent a lot of time talking to the owner of Area P today, he was down here in his new facility. (I guess they own a house here). He answered a lot of my questions and told me to call him if i needed help lol. I actually read that thread about 10 times before bought it. I'm just doing this to document it and maybe show a few friends.

Old September 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Kerry rocks.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #5
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Yeah he's a really cool guy. So informative, he just kept going on about his projects and everything he does. It was very interesting. I had to cut him short because my brother was waiting outside.

Old September 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #6
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Dude!! Stop in there and talk to him some more about his projects!!! Projects are cool.

Old September 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #7
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Dude!! Stop in there and talk to him some more about his projects!!! Projects are cool.
Well he was talking about the 300 and how fuel injection makes tuning so easy he can saves maps to the computer system and have like 3 maps set to a bike so you can change day by day for humidity and altitude changes to optimize your performance. Kind of cool. Also they make a lot of exhaust for other companies. Told me he wasn't allowed to tell me what companies he produced for. Said a lot of exhaust are his with someone else sticker on it.

Old September 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #8
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Hmmm, that's cool! Maybe he'll come out with a badass set of maps for the 300 so everyone can get more consistent performance with their bikes. That would be legit. Sounds like the 300 is the new project bike over there. Good job keeping it real Area P

I've heard about the re-branding before. No idea what brands, but that would be nice to know wouldn't it?? haha.

The next bike I get, I'll be buying an Area P. I missed out on the GB for my pregen here, and that's one thing that I really regret; and now I have the whole exhaust front covered and I'm not looking to really mod my bike any further. Oh well. There's always the next bike right??

Old September 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #9
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Hmmm, that's cool! Maybe he'll come out with a badass set of maps for the 300 so everyone can get more consistent performance with their bikes. That would be legit. Sounds like the 300 is the new project bike over there. Good job keeping it real Area P

I've heard about the re-branding before. No idea what brands, but that would be nice to know wouldn't it?? haha.

The next bike I get, I'll be buying an Area P. I missed out on the GB for my pregen here, and that's one thing that I really regret; and now I have the whole exhaust front covered and I'm not looking to really mod my bike any further. Oh well. There's always the next bike right??
His factory out in Cali is NEXT to the kawi plant, said the first day the 300's were available someone from the manufactuer rode one over. Lucky guy

Old September 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #10
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Nice. Glad that the Kawasaki boys like Kerry as well.