ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 10th, 2017, 10:23 PM   #1
bowlbug
ninjette.org member

Name: Dusty

Motorcycle(s): 3rd gen Magna's !st gen magna's And now 250 ninja's

This weekend MY bike.

I do not know how many of you on the forum work on other peoples or restore bikes. But I do, it is an addiction I know. But I learn new things almost daily. Meet some great people, many which become friends. I just get a kick out of dragging a bike out of someone’s yard or truck. Then outcome the sockets with weeks, well ok some months. Then off down the road, riding though the hills for its final checkup. Then after I am convinced it safe and trustworthy off to be detailed and up for sale. I have 3 tables and only one lift to work with. If you do work on others have you noticed your bike is the LAST to get the TLC it needs? Between project that need help and it never fails, pull your bike out. And someone will stop by say there bike is not running right. I am beginning to think my bike lives on that one table. I am never without something to ride. Lately just not my bike.
bowlbug is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old February 11th, 2017, 07:36 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlbug View Post
I do not know how many of you on the forum work on other peoples or restore bikes.......... If you do work on others have you noticed your bike is the LAST to get the TLC it needs? ..........
That was me, long time ago!

Mostly free work on friend's or racing bikes, never a sale at the end; but rewarding experiences nevertheless.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2017, 07:20 PM   #3
bowlbug
ninjette.org member

Name: Dusty

Motorcycle(s): 3rd gen Magna's !st gen magna's And now 250 ninja's

Two more weekends slip by. My poor little 250 is no closer to the ground. I did not know the honey do list was soooo long.
bowlbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 24th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I have bought a few bikes with grass growing out of them over the last few years and fixed them up. Every time I am working in my garage with the door open, someone comes by asking if I can fix some issue. I have repaired all my friends bikes and will be reassembling my friends last purchase as soon as my Ducati is back together! The wife's bike is always serviced and washed before I can even begin on my bikes. You always end up doing your own bikes last after all the other peoples bikes are done
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote