ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 18th, 2017, 10:49 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Check out THIS performance-minded machine!

The term to describe this one is 'rudimentary' -- "involving or limited to basic principles."

Look at that rear suspension under the seat! Check out the front forks! This baby is ready for a rough road.

I'm pretty sure those plastics are trailer wheel-well fenders.

Also liking the lawn mower wheels.

Foot-pegs are definitely performance minded as well. Perfect positioning to keep them from dragging under high-speed cornering with lots of g-force.

And the kick stand.... that baby is ahead of it's time.

Can someone buy this for me? The seller is asking 175 but willing to negotiate if the right buyer comes along...

Old February 18th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #2
corksil

After staring at this for a few minutes I have decided that the turbo charger will fit nicely underneath the gas tank.

I'm accepting donations towards the purchase of this "bike" or should I say "harbinger-of-intimate-intersex-relations-that-are-purely-physical-in-relation-to-lust."

If the ladies saw me ride by on that beautiful two-wheeled craft they would drop what they were doing and chase after me in hopes of catching whiffs of the exhaust that they would cherish and fantasize about. I picture myself riding that vessel while fully encased in glistening black leather from head to toe.

Do you guys think it has a pull-start? I heard those were super trick and much lighter than a kick-start lever so they were a sought-after performance upgrade for many years in the 1940's era of motorcycling.

EDIT -- I just noticed the headlight. How could I have missed it? With that headlight, I could ride the bike year round through all weather conditions. I could probably upgrade the filament with a 60 watt edison bulb conversion if I needed higher light output while traversing windy mountain passes in thick snow-storms. This beautiful bike would probably be perfect in a blizzard. It's so small that I could probably pick it up and carry it on my back to get through any avalanches which may have occurred across mountain roads.

The more I look at it, the more I want it.

Old February 18th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #3
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
What strain you smokin these days???
Sweet ride though

Old February 18th, 2017, 11:33 PM   #4
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Awesome ride!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2017, 02:08 AM   #5
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

That would be the best pit bike ever, you could also fill the top red tank with beer, it seems to be what its for as it seems to have nothing to do with supplying rocket fuel to the motor.

Its also got some other good safety features as well with the guard for the drive chain, well the one going to the wheel anyway, the other is in a spot which shouldn't cause any safety issues once it gets some chain lube.

For some reason I want to hear it run........
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 19th, 2017, 07:29 AM   #6
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
I'm pretty sure those plastics are trailer wheel-well fenders
I'm pretty sure those plastics are steel. They look like boat trailer fenders to me.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2017, 08:08 AM   #7
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Genuine hardtail with a springer fork. Cool. I'm diggin' it. Especially the primary drive chain with no guard, so rusted it's got kinks in it.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2017, 10:13 AM   #8
corksil

^^^ that's a good observation. Upon further inspection I see nothing connecting the red tank to the engine itself. And the engine has it's own fuel tank on the top. I hadn't noticed that.

The red 'fuel' tank would certainly be used for transporting beer.

The more I stare at it, the more I want it.

"Relic - an object surviving from an earlier time, especially one of historical or sentimental interest."