ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #1
subiegy2010
noob in training

Name: Ilya

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (sold) '05 SV650S

Roaring Toyz Kickstand

I just installed my lowering kit and new kickstand but I think the kickstand may be on incorrectly:

Do you guys think it should be at an angle like that rather than being straight? Maybe I put the spring on the wrong way?
subiegy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

It looks right to me. which angle are you talking about? The one from the stand compared to the ground or the one from the stand compared to the bike? If from the ground, that's the way the stockers work. It's just a way to make sure that if someone accidently kicks the stand while the bike is sitting on it, it won't slip out. From the bike, it's the same deal I think. Someone else will probably know better than I do, but I'd say that looks fine. I think what might be throwing you off is that the little "foot" (not sure exactly what it's called) on the end of the kickstand is not made at an angle with the shaft of the kickstand, so it doesn't sit flush with the floor. I'd call that a simple quality problem with roaring toyz. Just my

Old September 29th, 2009, 04:23 PM   #3
subiegy2010
noob in training

It just seems like the stand should be more upright. Like in the first pic, I was expecting it to be straight up and down, not at an angle like it is now. I could be wrong though, I'm just going off of looks.

Old September 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM   #4
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

If it was more upright it would be more prone to folding in and your bike falling over. The way it is now the weight of the bike is causing the stand to stay flipped out.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #5
subiegy2010
noob in training

I just didn't think it looked quite right, but I guess it's all good then. Thanks for the answer!

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #6
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

from what i've seen of them, it's the way it's supposed to look - I know it's awkward looking, but that's the RT stand for you...

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #7
subiegy2010
noob in training

What other options are out there for lowered bikes? I'm only aware of the RT.

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #8
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

you can take the stocker into a shop and have them cut it down - that's what my dad did with his and plenty of others have done - ends up being cheaper too

Old September 29th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #9
Verus Cidere

You could do that. Just make sure they mount something on the bottom so it doesn't sink in to softer ground quite as easy. Doesn't have to be too much, and if they can weld the stock bottom on to the chopped stand it'll work great. You can also look into an adjustable kickstand, just in case you sell the bike and they want to remove the lowering links. They can be fairly pricey though, just to let you know.

Here's a link to an example of this kind of stand:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bille...QQcmdZViewItem

Old September 29th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #10
subiegy2010
noob in training

No point in getting the stock kickstand cut and welded now that I already have the RT one installed and paid for.

I actually just saw that adjustable one, I like it. If it cost the same as my RT one, I probably would've gone with that instead; but at $150, no thanks.

Old September 29th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #11
Verus Cidere

Fair enough. It's more expensive because of the adjustability and looks. Personally, I wouldn't get it either. Just giving you some options.