ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #1
RedNinja09
RedNinja09

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Where Can I Get A Helmet Hook/Lock for my Ninja ?

Hey everyone,

I am looking to get some kind of hook that locks so I can hang my helmet on my bike. Is there anything like that out there ? I would prefer if it locks. Has anyone seen anything like that out there ? I have seen guys drive by and their helmets are hooked on the bike. Any suggestions/ links/ websites ?

Thanks.

Old September 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #2
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

Look under your rear seat.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #3
RedNinja09
RedNinja09

Really ? I just got it 2 months ago and breezed through the owners manual. I will have to check that out. I think I know where those hooks are, I strap crap down with my net to them. Thanks !

Old September 7th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #4
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

not the ones under the bike, but the ones that are there when you remove your rear seat - if you search for helmet lock or helmet hook, you'll find posts about it

Old September 7th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Jerry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

What year is your bike

The old ones have a keyed lock on the left side of the seat, but it does put the helmet on the muffler...I don't use it for that reason

I think the new-gens have it under the seat...

There are also bar-end locks, and I believe they are available for both gens...you have to google that your self, however
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #6
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Kkim has a great pic showing the lock.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...7&postcount=16
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #7
RedNinja09
RedNinja09

Ahhh... I see. Seems kinda like a pain in the ass to take that back seat off. But whatever, I guess something is better than nothing. Thanks for the link.

Old September 7th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #8
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNinja09 View Post
Ahhh... I see. Seems kinda like a pain in the ass to take that back seat off. But whatever, I guess something is better than nothing. Thanks for the link.
um, you turn the key, the seat pops up. any other helmet lock Ive seen on a bike uses a key to unlock the helmet lock anyway and they usually rust when they are external on the bike... at least that's been my experience.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #9
emt250
2 Wheel Newb

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

I don't use the one on my pregen. Don't like that it sits on my pipes. I bought a bike-style cable lock and i just hook it up through the visor of my helmet and the steering area of my bike. Works pretty well, and more secure than having my strap being the only thing to keep the helmet there.

Old September 7th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #10
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

I use the one on my pregen all the time. There's actually a specific way to do it that I didn't figure out for a while either. I'll post some pics on what to do, but if you look at the hook that actually holds in the seat (the one that moves when you turn the key to remove the seat) there's a slot on the side that has the lock, and not on the other. You can actually loop the strap of the helmet (without the d-ring) through this slot and tie it off. Then, lock the d-ring on the actual lock. This will allow you to use the stock helmet lock without worrying about the exhaust heat. Like I said, I'll post some pics when I get the chance. (oh, and just a side note: I usually tie the strap around the round part of the seat lock instead of threading it through the slot. Same general place and it's a tiny bit easier to get to.)

Edit -- Oh, creepy. This is my 666th post!

Old September 8th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #11
Verus Cidere

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Well folks, here are those pictures on how to keep your helmet from touching the exhaust while attached to the helmet lock. These show the slot I was talking about, how to attach, how it looks on the bike, and how much clearance from the exhaust pipe the helmet has. Again, note that I tie the strap around the thin bar to the right of the button in the second picture. Also note that to completely close the seat on top of the strap you need to slide it away from the top of the bar so that it doesn't block the seat at all. When taking it back off, go in reverse. Unlock the d-ring, then lift the helmet up a little and unlock the seat. Hope this helps.

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0006.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

Old September 8th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #12
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

like those PICs of kkims helmet using the rear seat hooks built in.... heres an Option that i use when my Bike is in sight and im near it..........

fold out the passenger LEFT, footpeg. then set your helmet into place using the 'D' hook(s) on your helmet strap to slip onto the 'V' as show. you could even place a Master Lock through the D hook and passenger footpeg V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0434.jpg (95.0 KB, 15 views)
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote