ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 17th, 2024, 10:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[cycleworld.com] - Yamaha Reveals 2024 MotoAmerica Superbike Team

Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing is ready to launch its fifth-consecutive MotoAmerica Superbike title campaign with returning riders Jake Gagne and Cameron Petersen.

Click here to view on their site.

Yamaha Reveals 2024 MotoAmerica Superbike Team (Yamaha/)Yamaha Press Release:

Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. (YMUS) is pleased to announce a strengthened partnership with Attack Performance, which will continue to head its efforts in the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship for another three seasons. The championship-winning program looks to add a fifth-consecutive premier class title in 2024 aboard the Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing R1s with a returning two-rider roster - reigning three-time MotoAmerica Superbike Champion Jake Gagne and Cameron Petersen. This weekend, they will launch their title run at the season opener at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia, on April 19-21.

Attack Performance, one of the sport’s leading manufacturers of high-performance components and services for modern sportbikes, has carried on the winning tradition of the Yamaha R1. In just four seasons as the official MotoAmerica Superbike team for YMUS, the program has enjoyed a resounding success with four consecutive titles and 59 victories in the premier class. Progressive Insurance also returns in 2024 to support the championship-winning program.

Returning for his fifth season with the team, Gagne looks to defend his crown and keep his impressive premier-class title streak rolling. The Colorado rider has enjoyed a meteoric rise in MotoAmerica Superbike with the team over the past three seasons. In addition to claiming three successive titles, Gagne has amassed an impressive tally of 40 race victories, advancing him to fourth on the all-time AMA Superbike win list.

Petersen also returns in 2024 and enters his third season with Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing. The 2020 MotoAmerica Stock 1000 Champion enjoyed a strong debut with the team in 2022, scoring a pair of wins and multiple podiums. Unfortunately, he was sidelined for most of the season last year and underwent surgery last Summer to repair a wrist injury. Back to full fitness, Petersen is eager to return to action and add more wins and podiums to his tally.

The team would also like to thank Yamalube, Yamaha Financial Services, Akrapovic, Braking, TrackDaz, Podium Club at Atessa, Capit, Suter, OZ, DID, NGK-NTK, Zero Gravity, and Full Spectrum for their support.

Tom Halverson - Yamaha Racing Assistant Department Manager for YMUS

”We are very excited to continue our partnership with Attack Performance Racing. They have the passion, technical knowledge and the right people in the right positions to be successful in this ultra-competitive sport. It seems like every season MotoAmerica has raised the bar, and we are very happy to be racing with them into the near future.

“Our three-time Superbike Champion Jake Gagne had a very productive testing season, and it’s great to see that Cameron Petersen is strong, fast, and ready to prove we haven’t seen the best of him yet.”

Richard Stanboli – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing Team Manager

”Attack Performance is excited to continue our collaboration with Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA, to race the R1 in the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship for the next three years. Together we’ve enjoyed a lot of success over these first four years and have added more premier class titles to Yamaha’s 15 years of nearly continuous Superbike Championships. We’re also happy have the continued support of Progressive Insurance and our technical partners, and look to bring them another #1 plate in 2024.

“We’re looking forward to having both Jake and Cameron back this season, which we feel will continue to be a winning combination for the team. It’s been great to see Jake rise to become one of the winningest riders in the sport, and I look forward to the upcoming season and defending the championship. We’re also happy to have Cameron back and feeling healthy. It’s been a productive off-season, and we can’t wait to get on track and see our fans this weekend at Road Atlanta.”

Jake Gagne – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing #1

?It’s awesome to be going on year five with the team. We’ve had a great three years here, and I’m just excited to get back to racing in 2024. We’ve had a good off-season and got some good riding in. The Superbike class is going to be really stacked this year. So I think we’ll have some good racing, and we’ll try to start off the year strong in Atlanta. I’m just ready to get riding again.”

Cameron Petersen – Attack Performance Progressive Yamaha Racing #45

?I’m really looking forward to my third year with the team. Obviously, my second year wasn’t ideal. I had to sit out of most of it. It’s been a hard nine months and a tough off-season, but getting to ride the bike last week at the test, it’s the first time in a long time that my wrist has felt 100%, so I’m excited for 2024. The main thing for me is not to get ahead of myself and slowly build into it and get back to fighting for wins and podiums. The guys have done a lot of work on the motorcycle during the off-season, and the bike is on a different level, so I think it’s going to be a good year.”