ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Broc
ninjette.org member

Name: Broc

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Black - Sold / 2011 Honda CB1000R

Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-tex Boots & Sizing

I recently purchased a brand new set of Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-tex Boots.
I have always wanted to try Dainese gear but no one even close stocks any, including Cycle Gear. I took the risk and ordered these with a no return policy.
I measured and read review after review before I ordered to get the correct sizing. I bought a size 45 EUR or 11-11.5 US depending on what sizing chart you refer to. The boots actually say 11.5 US/45 EUR.

Awesome boots! I have never been in a pair of nicer boots. Almost full race protection while being absolutely comfortable and extremely flexible. Most full boots are ridiculously stiff and offer no dexterity with the toes. These are a perfect mix of protection and comfort. The Gore-Tex really breathes as well.
Fit & finish is the nicest I've seen, these are really nice looking boots.

Problem I am having is the size. I wear a size 10-12 US in shoes and other boots so I settled on a 11.5 US. They fit but are just a tad loose. I placed an insole in them and viola! They fit well after the insole around the foot and especially in the narrow toe box. The issue I'm having is the heel area and front curve of the foot. The boots fit around my ankle but are slightly loose and my heel can actually move a little, especially while walking. This maybe due to the slip in zip up design. There is no lace up bootie system to snug the foot/ankle. Only a rear zipper and calve adjustment wings. The front curve of the foot to the shin is also slightly larger than I have experienced before.

The boots fit good around the actually foot/heel itself and I can't image going any smaller due to the slimmer toe box area. I'm not sure if this is just how Dainese boots fit?

Not wondering if I should sell them and try a 44 EUR/11 US? Possibly tighter ankle area?

Any Dainese boot/TRQ-Tour owners out there? Any advice is appreciated!

P.S> I have not actually tested the boots on the bike yet due to weather. Sitting on the bike in the garage I can't actually feel the ankle/heel movement so much.

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Bentley813
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White 300

I bought myself a pair of Dainese Dyno Pro Shoes and I know what you mean. I bought size 46, I wear a 12 US, and while the length and space in the shoes is awesome, my heel kicks up a bit when I'm walking. It's weird because on the bike they are perfect, no free play at all. Just when I'm walking I feel like I have sandals on or something. Must be how Dainese shoes are?
Bentley813 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Broc
ninjette.org member

^ Exactly, it makes my ankle feel less protected than a pair of lace up ankle high Nike's!

Old March 27th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #4
Bentley813
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White 300

My opinion: if they feel good riding then I'll deal with it when I'm walking. I'm not going to wear them to the mall and walk around all day. If I do I'll bring a change of shoes. Try to get out on the bike to test for movement while in action.
Bentley813 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Broc
ninjette.org member

Got to test the boots on the bike and they actually feel ok, I can't notice any excessive movement. The boots are also very narrow in the toes, you can feel it even more so on the bike.

My issue now is shifting. I cannot shift worth a damn in these. I must have adjusted my shifter 5 times last night in the 20 miles I rode. I just could not find a happy median. If I get the shifter in the a good spot for up shifts, it is way too tall for downshifting. I must have looked like such a idiot banging gears in traffic.

I noticed I am slowly returning to the very low position I had started with before the new boots. So maybe I just need to get use to the boot. The boots feel like they want to be in rearsets on a sport bike. I have a more sit up position on the CB1000R. I have to move my entire foot to get under the shifter as well as putting it in an awkward angle.

Not sure what to think, hopefully the boots will break in or I will get use to them. My bikes gearbox is taking a beating currently.

Old March 31st, 2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Byakkotai
ninjette.org guru

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300

Have these boots in EU43 - break in is needed but is pretty quick imo. These boots felt more cramped out of the box than the same sized Torque Pro Outs.
Byakkotai is offline   Reply With Quote