ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Strawberry Oil

No joke, you can buy strawberry scented 2 stroke oil, instead of a smelly premix blue smoke exhaust, delight your friends, family and general carbon monoxide fans with the scent of fresh strawberrys...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...52434380,d.d2k

WHAT IS THIS!!! actually smelled some in the shop today, smells more like bubblegum, I brought some Putoline DX for my change and spotted this on their display stand, for shame Putoline!
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Juding by the lack of responses I take it this ammused me a whole lot more than others, is this a thing?

I just assumed it was something crazy and new, but looks like it may be a little old hat after a google razz

Old September 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM   #3
mikromo
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1999 Honda VFR800, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, 2010 Kawasaki ninja 250 (sold)

Here in the USA, and here in the middle of the USA, we have quite alot of off - road racing. For years I raced the local state (both Kansas & Missouri) hare scramble championships. A hare scramble is a 2 hour race around a defined circuit through the woods, usualy 7 - 12 miles around, whoever gets the most laps in 2 hours wins. Anyway, I used to love the smell of 2 strokes, because that's the 1st indication I was closing on a rival. 1st the smell, then errant dust, then you start to catch a glimps, and then you were fighting for the position. I still love the smell of a good 2 stroke, but if it would have smelled like strawberries, I'm not sure I would have.........
mikromo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM   #4
MR2Aaron
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Note that it appears to be made for scooters. The only people I know (in Texas) who actually ride scooters are women or really effeminate guys, and I could see them being the target market.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM   #5
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

Sounds fruity!

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2013, 05:04 PM   #6
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
They make it for gas in a wide variety, why anybody wants to put root set smell in their gas idk, but a fool an his money is soon parted

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM   #7
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

"A fool and his money are soon parted" never a more true word has been muttered in the field of advertising!

Imo, anything that goes into your oil that isn't designed to improve lubrication is bad.

Strawberry scent surely isn't helping to lube up your engine, so it must be doing nothing at best, or hindering at worse.

Old September 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM   #8
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
"A fool and his money are soon parted" never a more true word has been muttered in the field of advertising!

Imo, anything that goes into your oil that isn't designed to improve lubrication is bad.

Strawberry scent surely isn't helping to lube up your engine, so it must be doing nothing at best, or hindering at worse.
I have had some pretty slick flavored lube!

They make loads of smells for petrol, gas... Haha my friend runs all sorts of flavored in his race truck on cruise nights, I think he has a thing for coconuts

Old September 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM   #9
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.ne...?categoryID=64

Old September 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM   #10
bfpower
ninjette.org mafioso

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
I've always had good luck with strawberry lube. Oh wait, we're talking about motorcycles?
bfpower is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Ha! The favorite of my entourage has always been the biscuit flavoured ones, although if truth be told they have it lucky, if roles could be reversed and they could be coated with a thin film of latex that tasted like gram crackers I would be half way to a PADI instructors course in lady-diving, instead of a recreationalist cave diver.

Sorry I forgot this was about motorcycles, truth be told I mostly got a bike because if you get a wench on your bike you're a shoe'in to get em in the sack :P

Now, if I get my ninjette to smell like strawberries and vibrate like a 230v hitachi back massager I think I may bump my success rate up by a further 20%!

Too candid? My french side is showing