Thanks,
Tin

tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #2
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

If it feels loose, it probably is. Maybe your head is just too small. Think egotistical thoughts.

Also, pics/vid or whatever it was didn't work for me.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #3
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
If it feels loose, it probably is. Maybe your head is just too small. Think egotistical thoughts.

Also, pics/vid or whatever it was didn't work for me.
Corrected the video link.
thanks,
Tin

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #4
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

Looks a little loose to me, but my head isn't in it. Does it feel like it wants to pull your cheeks up a bit when you pull it up? When you have it on and secured you should be able to shake your head without it shifting, but it shouldn't be tight enough to give you a headache.
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #5
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
Looks a little loose to me, but my head isn't in it. Does it feel like it wants to pull your cheeks up a bit when you pull it up? When you have it on and secured you should be able to shake your head without it shifting, but it shouldn't be tight enough to give you a headache.
Yes. if i pull the helmet to the left or right it will shift.
It's diffinitely big.
Thank you.
Tin

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #6
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

yup - it's too big, it shouldn't move anywhere near that much. I love your toddler bed though
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #7
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
yup - it's too big, it shouldn't move anywhere near that much. I love your toddler bed though
my bike is currently at my bro's house and i had them shipped everything there. that was my nephews' room. had to borrow their room to shoot the videos.
lolz.

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #8
MtnCruiser
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2 2004 Ninja 250 and 2008 VTX 1300

Definately looks too big to me. A new helmet should be pretty snug. Fasten the strap on the helmet then catch the back of the helmet and try to roll it forward off your head, if it will start to slide off it is too big.
MtnCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #9
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Tooo biiiiigg!

My suggestion before you order another hit up some of the local shops and try them on. Each brand has a 'different' fit. It should be snug, as it has been said. Think of it this way... It is trying to protect your head if it hits the ground. If it shifts it most likely is going to shift if it hits...

Try on as many as you can to get a feel for their sizes and how they fit on your head. From there you can go online and get the right helmet.

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #10
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Tooo biiiiigg!

My suggestion before you order another hit up some of the local shops and try them on. Each brand has a 'different' fit. It should be snug, as it has been said. Think of it this way... It is trying to protect your head if it hits the ground. If it shifts it most likely is going to shift if it hits...

Try on as many as you can to get a feel for their sizes and how they fit on your head. From there you can go online and get the right helmet.
I did try on a med HJC at a local dealer and it was a snug fit.
The model I tried on was cl-15. this one is a cl-sp. Does it matter? or all hjc helmets should have the same fitment?

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #11
Kolya1981
Generic User Title

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): Green 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, Slate 2009 Triumph StreetTriple R

Definitely get to some shops and try on as many brands and models as you can. Every manufacturer is going to be a little different. I would have NEVER guessed in a million years that I would need an XL, but that's what fit me in the brand I ended up getting. For every other type of helmet I own (Mountain Biking, Skiing, Drag Racing), I have a Medium/Large.

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #12
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Too big but, next size down may not be comfortable. You may need to try another brand.

Some heads are round and some are oval. Each mfg will fit those heads different.

I went to the dealership and tried them on and if their price was more than what I can get from newenough + shipping guess where I buy it.

I know support the local dealership, yada, yada. They make enough money out of they guys that walk in and pay what ever they ask for what they are buying.

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #13
Grn99Kawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Honda CBR600F4 (sold) 1999 Ninja 250 (sold)

yeah its big for sure.. that second video is just beggin for some wacky music behind it.. your expressions are priceless!

Did you call the place to exchange it? I tried on at a local dealer.. xl fit me best with the HJC but my current helmet is a large.. who knows...

1999 Kawi Racing Green Ninja 250 sold
Grn99Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #14
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Adam - I have had a Ninja talk to me but never wink. Love the avatar.

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM   #15
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinng321 View Post
I did try on a med HJC at a local dealer and it was a snug fit.
The model I tried on was cl-15. this one is a cl-sp. Does it matter? or all hjc helmets should have the same fitment?
I would think it would be about the same but if one was snug while the other is not I have to wonder if you got the right size... But then again CL-15 is one model and CL-SP is another...

When I got my Zox I tried on their basic ones because the one I wanted was painted. I got the size from that and was able to get it online..

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #16
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
If it feels too loose now then wait till later. Helmets tend to stretch and the cushioning campacts making it even looser.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #17
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grn99Kawi View Post
yeah its big for sure.. that second video is just beggin for some wacky music behind it.. your expressions are priceless!

Did you call the place to exchange it? I tried on at a local dealer.. xl fit me best with the HJC but my current helmet is a large.. who knows...
Yes, I called them up. They said I have to send an email to request for a return. Don't know why they can't process the exchange over phone. I will have to wait for the return confirmation # from them to ship it back. I can't order a new one cuz they will charge a $10 or 10% fee for refund. I have to send this one back, wait for them to get it and process the return for store credit, then I can order a new one. I wouldn't buy from them again. motorcyclcloseout.com
I had to return my red cortech jacket from motosport.com and they were nice and fast. processed it over the phone and gave me return confirmation over the phone. plus their shipping was fast. I ordered the cortech jacket from them on thursday and got it on sat. I ordered this helmet and a fieldsheer jacket on last weds and just got them today.

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #18
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

there are 2 dealers near me. They have about 20-30 helmets on display but the problem is that out of those 20 or 30 there are only 4 or 5 different kind. the rest are duplicates. it's so frustrating to shop online. the shipping fee if i have to return will add up.

Old May 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #19
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

i had to return my jacket, my pants, my boots, and my gloves. so believe me. i know what you are going through.

i bought my helmet locally though. it is really hard to find the perfect fit otherwise. the salesperson also ended up changing out the cheek pieces for a more custom fit.

using the size chart, i was supposed to wear a med shoei. good thing i didn't order that online. when i got to the store, it wouldn't even fit halfway on my head.
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote