Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #81
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I'm in the process of it. I just went out and tried to lift it and I can lift it off the kickstand with my bad leg. I attached a new gopro mount to the windshield so I can record myself. However my leg is feeling kinda tired because of how many trips up and down the stairs I've made today so I'm going to take a break and let the gopro mount adhere and then I'll go out for a short ride.

It has to be awfully exciting to be able to get out and have some freedom after being locked up in the house for so long. Breaking my foot was torture enough, im sure you are ready to go bat **** crazy.

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #82
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
I think that's over hyping it. I wasn't in any serious danger and she wasn't driving crazy, just like a ****tard
Dumb bitch almost takes out biker...
also you already got the 650r?
and where do I find a link for HELP HELP HELP HELP, LOL cracking up just thinking about it...
Make another video: A Pussy's reaction vs A Rider's reaction...

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #83
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
and where do I find a link for HELP HELP HELP HELP, LOL cracking up just thinking about it...

Link to original page on YouTube.

xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #84
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I've had a 650 since february, see my sig
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #85
lamchops
ಠ_ಠ

Name: Janelle

Motorcycle(s): current newbie stick is a loaner :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post
I think they have you brainwashed as to how ****** canadian healthcare is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Same in England. I would have received immediate treatment if I broke my leg like that.

Y'all need to stop watching Fox news!
For reals... You have NO idea...

Old June 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #86
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

Quote:
you had such a tiny window to react!

Not trying to be an a-hole to Jiggles........but WTF r u talking about. Jigs had MORE than ample time to react....That is IF the view we have is what he saw. Theres the chance a hot chick was washing her car in a bikini and he took a quick peek. I don't know haven't read through the whole thread.

Live and learn Man.......I have been in those situations and a time or two it was pure lick I didn't get hit or run into someone. Coulda been worse but I think it will prove to be a powerful lesson. Albeit a painful and extremely inconvenient on.

Good luck on the whole recuperation thing.

Old June 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #87
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
Not trying to be an a-hole to Jiggles........but WTF r u talking about. Jigs had MORE than ample time to react....That is IF the view we have is what he saw. Theres the chance a hot chick was washing her car in a bikini and he took a quick peek. I don't know haven't read through the whole thread.
I can't tell if your trolling or if you're just a ****ing idiot. 1.53 seconds between her tire visibly turning and the collision. Explain to me how that is ample time. Let's not forget the reaction time of 0.60 seconds which gives you 0.9 seconds to brake/swerve/**** your pants.
AFM #676

Old June 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #88
lgk

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
he would have been messed up no matter what he did.

the brakes and tires were cold, and it would most likely cause him to stop further than the msf rating of 34 ft.

the slight curve to the street does not help with reaction time or braking since he would have had to straighten it up.

the cards were stacked against him when he left the driveway...
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #89
lgk

Quote:
you had such a tiny window to react! has to make you wish you got free health care?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Lol, free health care. Then he'd be waiting a month for them to do anything, and any physical therapy would take ages.
i would rather spend $6-8k and get the best treatment, instead of free treatment that meets only the minimum standards.

American healthcare is not all that expensive.
the poor have medicare/medicaid and pay no taxes.
if people spend up to a certain amount, they get a portion of it deducted from taxes.

flexible spending accounts and medical saving accounts are tax free.

even if jiggles had no insurance,
he would still receive the best care possible no matter if he can pay or not.

Old June 8th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #90
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I have to pay $1800 to the ambulance and $1500 to my insurance company. However because the girl didn't have enough insurance to completely cover what my health insurance paid, they are taking half of my settlement. Or at least they are going to try to, I'm not telling them it was an accident
AFM #676

Old June 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #91
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Sean,

What will you do different if the very same situation happens to you again?
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #92
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
^ Hope my metal femur holds up
AFM #676

Old June 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #93
Kristofferzero
ninjette.org member

Name: Kristoffer

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 (sold)

Damn man I can't believe that *****. People are too quick to brush off their own faults. I almost was expecting you to start yelling at her dumb *** regardless of the pain.

Thanks for posting, I always try to learn from videos like this. Glad you're getting better, too!
Kristofferzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #94
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
I've had a 650 since february, see my sig
I saw that..and am wondering if you got the bike before you've even recovered or did you have it before the accident??

Old June 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #95
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I saw that..and am wondering if you got the bike before you've even recovered or did you have it before the accident??
Also see my sig for day of crash, April 2nd, 2012.

lol
AFM #676

Old June 8th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #96
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristofferzero View Post
Damn man I can't believe that *****. People are too quick to brush off their own faults. I almost was expecting you to start yelling at her dumb *** regardless of the pain.

Thanks for posting, I always try to learn from videos like this. Glad you're getting better, too!
"What I caused this crash by blindly pulling an illegal uturn? I don't think so, you just didn't see me and decided to ram into my car"

herpderp
AFM #676

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #97
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I can't tell if your trolling or if you're just a ****ing idiot. 1.53 seconds between her tire visibly turning and the collision. Explain to me how that is ample time. Let's not forget the reaction time of 0.60 seconds which gives you 0.9 seconds to brake/swerve/**** your pants.
You F'ed up dude...like a madman....You can see it in the video

You were riding down a residential street with cars on both sides, the potential for kids ect. running out in front of you and you don't have at least one finger on the front brake???? You should ALWAYS have at least one finger covering the front brake in a situation like that. You got on the brake(notice I said brake not brakes) way too late. You didn't jump on the front brake anywhere near hard enough......And why for the love of God did you take your right foot(rear brake foot) off the peg before impact.......Sorry guy, that was an avoidable accident and you screwed up.
Just call 'em like I see 'em.

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #98
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
@drac: I was trying to figure out what brakes Jiggles was using and when he used them and how powerful he had them on. I failed to figure this out! How did you figure it out? I wanna know!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:39 AM   #99
drac
ninjette.org member

1. The front end shoulda dived a lot harder than it did.

2. That's one of those rare situations when the rear shoulda been locked-up. It never did. You can see in one of the angles he never even tried to apply the rear brake.

Old June 9th, 2012, 05:52 AM   #100
zzrguy
ninjette.org member

Name: Lostboy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 ZZR 250

i hope you sued the living **** outta her jiggles that sounded painful
zzrguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #101
klewi
Ninjette of the North

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:

2. That's one of those rare situations when the rear shoulda been locked-up. It never did. You can see in one of the angles he never even tried to apply the rear brake.
@drac I can't tell if you are being serious or just trying to get a rise out of people? If you're trying to get a reaction that's kind of lame to do with someone else's misfortune. If you're serious however your logic is way off base.

Let's assume for the moment that Jig's got on the brake harder. What would have happened? The reaction time he had was not enough to stop his bike and avoid impact. You could then say that he'd be going slower and wouldn't get hurt as bad. Are you sure? With more time the car would have turned to a more perpendicular position causing a more direct impact. As well the added time would have caused the impact further back on the vehicle, maybe side door. Both of which it could be argued would cause more physical trauma.

I don't see braking more in this case creating any significant difference to the outcome. If you want to make an argument for avoidance you'd be better off saying no brake and get on the throttle and get around the vehicle. For the record I don't believe you could have done that either, not enough time.

In my opinion the only way this accident could have been avoided was for him not to have gotten on his bike that day. Period.

Jig's we're all sorry it happened, glad it wasn't worse, and thank you for sharing.

Cheers

Old June 9th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #102
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klewi View Post
@drac I can't tell if you are being serious or just trying to get a rise out of people? If you're trying to get a reaction that's kind of lame to do with someone else's misfortune. If you're serious however your logic is way off base.

Let's assume for the moment that Jig's got on the brake harder. What would have happened? The reaction time he had was not enough to stop his bike and avoid impact. You could then say that he'd be going slower and wouldn't get hurt as bad. Are you sure? With more time the car would have turned to a more perpendicular position causing a more direct impact. As well the added time would have caused the impact further back on the vehicle, maybe side door. Both of which it could be argued would cause more physical trauma.

I don't see braking more in this case creating any significant difference to the outcome. If you want to make an argument for avoidance you'd be better off saying no brake and get on the throttle and get around the vehicle. For the record I don't believe you could have done that either, not enough time.

In my opinion the only way this accident could have been avoided was for him not to have gotten on his bike that day. Period.

Jig's we're all sorry it happened, glad it wasn't worse, and thank you for sharing.

Cheers
Yea, what was I thinking. More braking probably woulda been a bad thing.

Sorry for being so stupid to think more braking woulda helped.......Carry on

Old June 9th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #103
codestp202

Holy **** people, you act like you're on your game paying COMPLETE attention waiting for every single thing to happen 24/7. That collision was almost completely unavoidable. Everyone tries to pay as much attention as possible but **** happens. thats life

Old June 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #104
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:

You were riding down a residential street with cars on both sides, the potential for kids ect. running out in front of you and you don't have at least one finger on the front brake???? You should ALWAYS have at least one finger covering the front brake in a situation like that. You got on the brake(notice I said brake not brakes) way too late. You didn't jump on the front brake anywhere near hard enough......And why for the love of God did you take your right foot(rear brake foot) off the peg before impact.......Sorry guy, that was an avoidable accident and you screwed up.
Just call 'em like I see 'em.
Quote:

Oh drac, you've taken what was a lighthearted thread and made it far more serious than I intended. However, I do enjoy arguing with people whether they have a good point or are just blatantly wrong. Even though I believe arguing with you won't make a difference because you are an ignorant close minded individual, I will still try, knowing deep in my heart that if I can change your logic perhaps it will help you out one day.

So let's get on with this. You sir, have pissed in my Wheaties, and now I'm going to fart in your mouth.

Quote:
Going three over the speed limit is riding like a madman?

Quote:
You were riding down a residential street with cars on both sides, the potential for kids ect. running out in front of you and you don't have at least one finger on the front brake???? You should ALWAYS have at least one finger covering the front brake in a situation like that.
Now, even though this would not have changed the outcome of the crash, I do think you may have a valid point. I've tried this technique and I simply do not like it. However, if a 3rd party can come up with some evidence on why this is best than perhaps I will change the way I ride.

(P.S. this is an example of an ignorant person willing to change his mind based on new evidence, people like this are considered intelligent)

Quote:
You got on the brake(notice I said brake not brakes) way too late.
Oh yes I did notice. See the proper way to emergency brake on a sportbike is to use only the front brake. I have personally watched people attempt to make you understand this very important piece of information and yet you never take a serious thought about it just say nah, I'm right, your wrong, suck it. Well you are wrong. Blatantly wrong. If you rear has enough traction to make the rear brake a viable option then you are not braking at your full potential. And if you continue to use the rear brake like said you will never learn the true stopping power of a sportbike. I sincerely suggest you look again at your technique and rather than brushing important articles on the subject off, learn from the FACTS.

And I got on the brake when I reacted to the girl pulling out. If you think my reaction time was slow then I'd like to know what a good reaction time would be.

Quote:
You didn't jump on the front brake anywhere near hard enough......
At the very last second I locked up the front because I got on it too hard

Quote:
And why for the love of God did you take your right foot(rear brake foot) off the peg before impact.......
As I said before, you shouldn't be braking with the rear brake in a panic stop. And honestly, I don't know why. I was at a point where impact was imminent and for some reason that felt like the best thing to do. Maybe I was going to try and push the car away from me or maybe try and get off the bike, I don't really know. I do know however that it didn't contribute to the crash at all and that leg was 100% fine after the accident

Quote:
Sorry guy, that was an avoidable accident and you screwed up. Just call 'em like I see 'em.
This sentence makes me laugh because it makes it so clearly obvious you have no idea what really happened. So drac, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Mount a camera to your dash and then stop your bike going 28mph (actual not indicated) in 0.9 seconds. Go do it and prove me wrong

Quote:
Also note, my initial reaction, probably like yours would have been is to just go around the car while slowing down. Any sane person driving a car checks their mirrors and looks around when pulling a uturn. They would then see you, stop, and you safely go around. I had the unfortunate luck of being involved with a backwoods cousin ****in retard.

And before you give me that, "You should always be riding like everyone is out to kill you" bullshit, thats not a viable strategy. And if you rode like that you life would be severely shortened by all the extra stress you've created for yourself. You ride like a normal person, cautious and aware, reacting to real life situations with real life reactions. Not fantasy bullshit. If you are close enough to a car that is pulling out, you go around them, if you have enough time to stop, you stop.

Quote:
2. That's one of those rare situations when the rear shoulda been locked-up. It never did.
NO YOUR REAR BRAKE SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER BE LOCKED UP. EVER. And if you use your rear brake in a panic stop either it will lock up because there is not enough traction on that tire, or it won't lock up because you don't know how to brake properly.

Holy **** I can't even believe someone would advocate locking up the rear brake. I am just happy people on this forum intervene before you give new riders terrible advice.

Quote:
You can see in one of the angles he never even tried to apply the rear brake.
The beginning of a correct panic stop
AFM #676

Last futzed with by Jiggles; June 9th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #105
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Jiggles is a clever young man.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #106
Ninjedi
ninjette.org member

Name: Aust

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
excuses?excuses?

Ninjedi,

Somewhere along your motorcycling carer, you will reach a point at which you will realize that it doesn't matter how right you are and how stupid and wrong the people driving around you are: the result will be the same.

Is that painful and costly result what we have to avoid by all means; nobody else will do it for us.

Sadly, life is not what it should be or how we believe it should be, and so are most of the drivers at there.

I have no reason to excuse or condemn any of the persons that collided, but I do have a reason to believe that this experience will change the way in which Jiggles will ride in the future.
You have to protect your self at all times on the rode, obviously. Did i ever say we should all ride carelessy and hope cars move out of our way? No i did not. Im simply saying regardless of the possibility of her radio being up loud she did not even look over her shoulder. So since you obviously are a big proponent of defensive driving lets just take this scenario into consideration, say instead of a little ninja 250 jiggles was driving a giant semi? Then this chick does the same **** and gets plowed over by a semi. Now she is the one in the hospital. My point being car/motorcycle/bicycle/****in' unicycle i dont care you do not ever ever ever pull out onto a street with out looking this is like childhood rules 101, look both ways bitch, and she only had one way to look too bad she didnt and some one ended up in the hospital. So dont sit there and say oh her radio oh nobody else is watching out for other people on the rode. No she should have looked no excuses. Would you pull out of your driveway with out looking on a busy residential road? my guess is no.

So im not saying im not careful on the road i always watch out for me. But that doesnt make it ok if someone else has a royal screw up on the road and i end up in the hospital its still there fault. People need to be held accountable when they mess up so maybe you should condem who was at fault and then she might learn to pay attention when your sit down behind that wheel.
Ninjedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #107
Ninjedi
ninjette.org member

Name: Aust

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
Unfortunately you can see both hands on the wheel at the moment of impact. I wanted to blame it on dumb people texting and driving.
Damn, your right, good eye.
Ninjedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #108
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

You are correct Ninjedi, only that what I wrote first was regarding the video's note pointing to the opened rear window and the noise coming from the bike.

The girl failing to look or see him coming was bad, but she could have heard the noise and taken a look.

My original question to the OP tried to determine if he remembered hearing loud music right after the crash, which would explain the uselessness of the open rear window.

Maybe I should have explained myself better, sorry about the confusion.

It seems that this video has polarized readers: some see the accident as unavoidable, some don't.

For me, it was an evil coincidence, a perfect timing, a trap hard to escape.

Could the damages have been less or fully avoided by a quicker reaction from the rider? That is debatable, but if so, it would have taken more experience and training than what the OP had at that moment.

None of the parties collided on purpose; as you said, it could have been an 18-wheeler and she would be history.

Due to ignorance, worries, stupidity or many other reasons, drivers and riders make mistakes everyday. That is a fact of life that we have to live and ride with.

Maybe the OP or the girl or both wouldn't do anything different if put in the same situation, who knows? Same human attitudes generally lead to similar results; hence, senseless accidents will continue happening.

Old June 9th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #109
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
^ No I don't remember hearing any music. A quicker reaction time and perfect braking would have prevented my leg from breaking. So would not having tensed up.

I think the conclusion is, yes I can have done better but no it wasn't avoidable
AFM #676

Old June 9th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #110
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Then,............I sincerely hope that she makes love much better than she can see and hear

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #111
drac
ninjette.org member

lol......you are the one who ran into a car but I'm the one who doesn't know how to brake.

I never said you were riding like a madman....I guess you don't get the euphemism.

If you think you couldn't have done anything to avoid that crash then you learned nothing and are pretty much destined to find yourself on the ground again.

Good luck to you.

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #112
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
lol......you are the one who ran into a car but I'm the one who doesn't know how to brake.

I never said you were riding like a madman....I guess you don't get the euphemism.

If you think you couldn't have done anything to avoid that crash then you learned nothing and are pretty much destined to find yourself on the ground again.

Good luck to you.
Just waiting on that vid of you stopping in 0.9 seconds
AFM #676

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #113
DevinWolfe
Which pedal is the gas?

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:

Good luck to you.

Pretty bad troll - 2/10

It has to be a troll because no one is THAT much of an armchair elitest in the world of bikes. It's easy to sit in your chair and watch something over and over to pick out what *you would have done* after the fact. However when it *is happenning* and the pressure is on that is a whole different situation.

We couldn't have someone like that amongst our ranks, I'm sure.
DevinWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #114
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

Quote:
Just waiting on that vid of you stopping in 0.9 seconds
i may take this challenge when i get back from vacation
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #115
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

I need to practice my emergency braking. Maybe I will make a video to see how fast I can stop, going about 30mph. It will probably be pretty *****. I try to avoid hard braking in day to day riding since the front forks suck so bad on my bike.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #116
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
Pretty sure a 0.9 stop time is impossible from 28mph. Unless your deceleration rate was 1.4g.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #117
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
do it a couple of times with the tires and brakes cold.

then do it when they're warmed up, see if there's a difference.

Old June 10th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #118
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Honestly I don't know if it will, the speed limit on these streets is 25 and if you think I'm going to ride slower than that, well thats just silly.

I mean the speed limit is 25mph and I was going 28mph. Honestly I don't think my speed was unreasonable. Just as well I'm not going to tiptoe while on a motorcycle. How would you guys feel if I had been in a car going the same speed and this crash happened? Just throwing a question out
Those conditions warrant a slower speed, and full attention to parked cars. If you can't see that, well than you're going to have issues again. The speed limit is the fastest you're allowed to travel legally. You can go slower all day long if you feel it warrants it. A back country road, have fun. A residential side street with parked cars, people walking dogs, driveways, children playing, etc. demands slower speeds and more attention. They're not the place to prove how manly you are. Slow down and stay alive. Just because you werent at fault doesn't mean you have nothing to learn from this avoidable situation.

Do I think I could have avoided her traveling the speed you were? Yes. Your reaction time was poor. Ultimately though, I personally would have been traveling about 10 mph slower given the conditions, and the fact that you were still on your own damn street. Slow down dude. Neighborhoods and school zones, places to SLOW DOWN!
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #119
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Those conditions warrant a slower speed, and full attention to parked cars. If you can't see that, well than you're going to have issues again. The speed limit is the fastest you're allowed to travel legally. You can go slower all day long if you feel it warrants it. A back country road, have fun. A residential side street with parked cars, people walking dogs, driveways, children playing, etc. demands slower speeds and more attention. They're not the place to prove how manly you are. Slow down and stay alive. Just because you werent at fault doesn't mean you have nothing to learn from this avoidable situation.
Are we even watching the same video? Honestly I can't believe people's recommendations to go 15mph on a 25mph street. Nobody does this, the recommendation is silly. Would it have saved my ass? **** yea, is it feasible? **** no.

My reaction time was poor was it? What is a good reaction time? Enlighten me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Do I think I could have avoided her traveling the speed you were? Yes. Your reaction time was poor. Ultimately though, I personally would have been traveling about 10 mph slower given the conditions, and the fact that you were still on your own damn street. Slow down dude. Neighborhoods and school zones, places to SLOW DOWN!
Really?? How would you have avoided the impact? One respected motorcycle rider suggested that the impact was avoidable had I swerved to the other side of the street and added throttle, and even then he gave it a 50/50 shot. But now, if you see someones tires turn do you immediately think, "Oh holy **** ima swerve to the other side of the street lay on the throttle and zip out of this mess" nah probably not unless you're in motogp.

Maybe you go 15 on residentials, the rest of the world and I do not.

I'm getting sick of people trying to pour the blame on me when that is so obviously not where it belongs
AFM #676

Old June 10th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #120
Sinister
nub

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): '08 zx-14

Simple fact of the matter is even if he didn't touch the brakes at all, it does not make him magically at fault. The people that matter (insurance adjusters, police) obviously did not find that he was traveling at an unsafe speed and the driver of the car was to blame.

Could he have avoided it? Beats me, i wasn't there. Neither were any of you. Be nice when football season starts again and all the armchair morons can go back to shouting at the tv about what players should have done instead of the gimpy guy with the busted bike.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote