Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #241
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
@drac telling @Jiggles telling him he should expect, everyone to pull out in front of him. Yet drac doesnt do AGATT even though he believes that someone is going to pull out in front of him. .

If you really believed that why wouldnt you "dress" to crash/get hit?

I just find that odd.
I live in the country....I mean there are literally 3 houses within a square mile of my house. When I lived in MD/DC then yes I was ATGATT 90-95% of the time.

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #242
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
I live in the country....I mean there are literally 3 houses within a square mile of my house. When I lived in MD/DC then yes I was ATGATT 90-95% of the time.
you have a lot of faith in yourself. Single vehicle motorcycle accidents are pretty high too.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #243
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
na, I dont roll like that. So idk if it was either, lol. I just thought it was funny that he was really anti ATGATT, but then made that statement.

Im SOTGATT lol. I regularly lack pants, but hoping that will change pretty soon.

You took my post about ATGATT the wrong way. I never said gear is bad. I think I stated that gear is good, which it is......That post was about railing on people if they don't go out ATGATT every time they ride.

Old June 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #244
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
40 feet is probably pretty accurate lol
You had 40 feet to stop from 28mph?

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #245
drac
ninjette.org member

Just ran out for a little testing........

Dead cold, stock IRC tires after 6 attempts my average stopping distance was 14.5 feet.
Counting it off in my head it was right around 1 sec. per stop

The time is a guesstimate....... the avg. feet to stop is a solid measured number.

Looking back at you video if you had of properly panic braked you would have stopped before the end of the driveway on the left. That assuming a 28mph speed.

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #246
drac
ninjette.org member

Yea 14.5 feet................Test was pick a line at which I could not brake before and when the bike stopped I put the kickstand down and measured with a tape measure from the line to the front of the contact patch on my tire.

In all actuality if I had all the crap you mention my braking distance would have been slightly lower.

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #247
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
You took my post about ATGATT the wrong way. I never said gear is bad. I think I stated that gear is good, which it is......That post was about railing on people if they don't go out ATGATT every time they ride.
Im not hating. I just try and dress like im going to fall every time I hop on...
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM   #248
drac
ninjette.org member

It's all good, MM. no worries mate

Old June 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #249
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

At a deceleration rate of 1g, you'd still need more than 14.5 feet to stop from 28MPH. 1.3 seconds though. 41.076 FPS / 32FPSPS is around 1.3 seconds w/o reaction time. That's assuming 1g decel however.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #250
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
You had 40 feet to stop from 28mph?
No I don't know. I'm going to measure it sometime and then practice to see if I could have stopped in that distance (distance unknown as of now) I don't think you can stop from 28mph in 14 ft, that sounds quite off to me. Also, don't forget the speedo error

Also another thing, distance in feet really messes me up i.e. "oh you had 45 feet to stop? that seems like enough" compared to "oh you had 15 yards to stop? Thats def not enough" yes I know they are equivalent but the fact that they sound so different in my head makes me misjudge both.

When I get a chance I will measure the distance from impact to initally seeing the tire move and initial reaction. then we can set up some valid tests to see how much speed I could have scrubbed off if I was pro
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #251
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I'm enjoying this thread more now, nice and lighthearted and progressively getting somewhere
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #252
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
I'm having fun on the BARF forums haha

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo....php?p=7354569

Many of those comments contain good points. Others not so much. Don't be so defensive.

Are you creeped out that everyone in the world can find where you live now???
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #253
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Many of those comments contain good points. Others not so much. Don't be so defensive.

Are you creeped out that everyone in the world can find where you live now???
I've already ordered a camera security system and a new shotgun.

Bring it on.

And actually, you can find where I live and who my relatives are by simply googling my name. It works for most people.
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #254
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
No I don't know. I'm going to measure it sometime and then practice to see if I could have stopped in that distance (distance unknown as of now) I don't think you can stop from 28mph in 14 ft, that sounds quite off to me. Also, don't forget the speedo error

Also another thing, distance in feet really messes me up i.e. "oh you had 45 feet to stop? that seems like enough" compared to "oh you had 15 yards to stop? Thats def not enough" yes I know they are equivalent but the fact that they sound so different in my head makes me misjudge both.

When I get a chance I will measure the distance from impact to initally seeing the tire move and initial reaction. then we can set up some valid tests to see how much speed I could have scrubbed off if I was pro
Yea, I would like to know the distance. I just did three more tries a got 20', 17'3' and last try was 15'4". Tried to record but all I have is a webcam and I had it were you can't see everything during last run.

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #255
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
I've already ordered a camera security system and a new shotgun.

Bring it on.

And actually, you can find where I live and who my relatives are by simply googling my name. It works for most people.

True. But I don't know your last name. Is your full name Sean Ninja Jiggles??

Well when I do that your crash thread pops up. Mmmmhm.

You park your Ninja outside in the driveway, though.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #256
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Yea, I would like to know the distance. I just did three more tries a got 20', 17'3' and last try was 15'4". Tried to record but all I have is a webcam and I had it were you can't see everything during last run.
This still sounds very off to me. A lot of sites have speed vs distance stopping times here's one I found for 30mph

30 MPH 33 feet

http://www.motorvike.com/BrakingDistance.htm

Everywhere I look seems to say that at 30mph you will go 33 feet to stop or more
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #257
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Quote:

Definitely over 40 feet. Since you were going 41FPS for at least the second hadn't started braking yet.

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #258
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Definitely over 40 feet. Since you were going 41FPS for at least the second hand't started braking yet.
Actually I would say less than that since from my reaction to crash was .9 seconds.

I'm fairly certain the distance I measure will be between 30-40 feet. Oh man, maybe if I was pro at braking I could have made it! Although I actually still would have crashed because my reaction was to go around her, not slam on the brakes -_-
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #259
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I also realize that saying stopping in .9 seconds is wrong because if you were decelerating fast enough that time to impact would be extended
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #260
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Argh! I'm very excited to go measure, how should I go about it? I doubt a tape measure is feasible
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #261
drac
ninjette.org member

Sorry guys. Hopefully someone else who has been riding for a while will do the test also and confirm my results. 33 feet/40 feet....lol.... I will see if I can post the vid. Will take a while.

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #262
drac
ninjette.org member

You are correct Jigs. The time it takes to stop is irrelevant. It's just whether you can stop in X amount of feet.

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #263
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Quote:
Actually I would say less than that since from my reaction to crash was .9 seconds.

I'm fairly certain the distance I measure will be between 30-40 feet. Oh man, maybe if I was pro at braking I could have made it! Although I actually still would have crashed because my reaction was to go around her, not slam on the brakes -_-
I guess I have been calculating the distance as when she first turned her wheel, not when you started to react.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #264
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I guess I have been calculating the distance as when she first turned her wheel, not when you started to react.
cmon now, I'm not super man
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #265
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Hey, come on now, you are superman. You're back on your bike and enjoying life again!

As we can see though, that reaction time is very precious.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #266
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Hey, come on now, you are superman. You're back on your bike and enjoying life again!

As we can see though, that reaction time is very precious.
That it is, I may adopt the brake covered technique for situations like these. Who knows, maybe that .150 seconds it shaves off would be the ultimate deciding factor on whether or not stopping in time is even feasible
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #267
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

I've shown this vid to a bunch of people and most agree that it was physically possible to stop in the total distance, but also agree that recognizing and actively countering the situation would be very hard.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #268
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I've shown this vid to a bunch of people and most agree that it was physically possible to stop in the total distance, but also agree that recognizing and actively countering the situation would be very hard.
You know what's funny, if I was in a car, no one would be saying anything about me lol
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #269
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Well you wouldn't have broken your femur.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #270
Sinister
nub

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): '08 zx-14

Quote:

It's difficult to find examples of motorcycles 30-0 times listed anywhere reliable let alone 28. However there are plenty of places you can find car 30-0. A few examples:

911 Carerra GTS: 27 feet
http://www.edmunds.com/porsche/911/2...est-specs.html

New BRZ: 28 feet
http://www.insideline.com/subaru/brz...and-video.html

Evo X and 335i: 29 and 27 feet respectively
http://www.insideline.com/mitsubishi...r-touring.html

So you (drac) are awesome enough to stop in barely over half the distance of these cars despite the cars ability to just slam on the binders and let the abs and massive amounts of rubber do the work for you. Impressive.

Oh, and here's a study done by the MSF on a few different bikes comparing ABS to no ABS. Lucky for us it lists 30-0 stopping distances (though its listed in kph). Guess what, the absolute best result was over 34 feet. (they list it in meters btw)

http://www.msf-usa.org/imsc/proceedi...ngdistance.pdf

Somehow I doubt those 2mph extra more than double the stopping distance.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #271
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
What crack are you smoking? I was dehydrated from the flu and went to the hospital. $2000 for a bag of fluids. I was working part time as a full time college student barely scraping by. I made too much to qualify for any sort of financial help, but not enough to pay a bill that was suddenly 1/5 of my yearly income. (No insurance because my job didn't offer it and I didn't make enough to buy it.)

Only the people who don't work at all benefit from any sort of low income assistance. If you're above the income limits, even just barely, you are so royally ****ED. And most jobs you're lucky to get flexible spending accounts, especially if you're younger.
the only crack i'm smoking is reality.
if your company don't even offer a flexible spending account, retirement, or insurance, you need to find a one that meets your requirements.
if you don't want to pay for insurance, there are plenty of places that offer these benefits.

as for $2000 that's not bad for an emergency room visit. you could negotiated the price down though, and made payments.

i spent $4000 on a broken arm, and i made payments for a couple of years with no interest. the bone healed great, and was worth it to me.

as for young people not getting any insurance, they need to take responsibility find a way to pay up, or take a risk and not get insurance.
they need to quit complaining, and start bettering themselves.
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #272
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Well you wouldn't have broken your femur.
Nope, I would have broken a frail 17yr old girl lol
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #273
drac
ninjette.org member

If it takes you 30+ feet to stop a newgen ninja 250 from 28mph then you need serious braking practice........A Goldwing or Harley maybe.....but a ninja 250...lol

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #274
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
So you (drac) are awesome enough to stop in barely over half the distance of these cars despite the cars ability to just slam on the binders and let the abs and massive amounts of rubber do the work for you. Impressive.

Why, yes I am...lol.

Do you have any idea what those cars weigh??????

Your comparison is ludicrous.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #275
Sinister
nub

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): '08 zx-14

Quote:
Why, yes I am...lol.

Do you have any idea what those cars weigh??????

Your comparison is ludicrous.
Did you read the MSF report at the bottom? Maybe you should. Also:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/156/91...omparison.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/10/104...-Shootout.aspx

There is the newgen 250 getting trounced by a HD in 60-0 braking.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #276
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
dracs speedo is on meth O.o
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #277
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Quote:
If it takes you 30+ feet to stop a newgen ninja 250 from 28mph then you need serious braking practice........A Goldwing or Harley maybe.....but a ninja 250...lol
They weigh more but have some pretty good brakes to compensate!

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #278
drac
ninjette.org member

Dudes....WTF r u people talking about..........I just stopped my 2009 ninja 250 from 28(32 on speedo)mph to a stop 9 times.....Averaged 14/15ft the first 6. The last three were 20, 17, 15.5......

And you guys are telling me that is impossible??????

It happened, it is a fact......deal with it

Will post the vid tonight if I can. Will try to get a better vid in the next couple days.

Sorry but you guys don't know what you are talking about.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #279
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Are you trying to say your decel rate was greater than 1g? Please show me the math that adds up to a 14.5 ft stopping distance from 41fps.

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #280
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Dudes....WTF r u people talking about..........I just stopped my 2009 ninja 250 from 28(32 on speedo)mph
Wow you have a really big error on your speedo. that's a 14% error!
AFM #676