Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #1
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Riding pant suggestions needed

Hi Folks,

I'm in need of suggestions for some riding pants... I currently have a set of over pants that I wear over my Levi's... But has the weather gets warmer, and sunnier the over pants are getting a bit warm for me.

My over pants are fabric, with protection CE armor in the knee area... So I guess I'm looking for a pair of riding pants that can be worn by themselves, with armor in at least the knees, and hip area....

I'd consider leather, or fabric, any and all suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #2
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

http://motoport.com/_product_35443/C...an_1000_Denier
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2011, 04:37 AM   #3
Newguy70
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

IMHO

I would stay away from mesh in pants, as well as jackets. A friend of mine kissed the pavement at the local race track here while entering the turn at a fairly low speed. The mesh pants tore like a paper towel in your hands. I would suggest leather, kevlar

Jay

Old June 27th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #4
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Thanks Kaiserz, I'm liking what I see on the Motoport site... will definitely be thinking about the 1000 Denier Jeans, or the Kevlar jeans.

Old June 27th, 2011, 07:02 AM   #5
kaiserz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibunkid.206 View Post
Thanks Kaiserz, I'm liking what I see on the Motoport site... will definitely be thinking about the 1000 Denier Jeans, or the Kevlar jeans.
And that pant/jeans has the safety tzar approval, I'm actually gonna get one for myself. it's tougher than leather(abrasion wise) it's very breathable fashionable, with extra $ you can get the superb knee armor they offer and the best part is the warranty, they are the only motorcycle apparel company in the world that replaces a crashed jacket or pant if they can’t repair it ... FOR FREE.
meaning if you get a spill they'll repair it for you! isn't that just awesome??

Old June 27th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #6
ichibunkid.206
ninjette.org member

Quote:
And that pant/jeans has the safety tzar approval, I'm actually gonna get one for myself. it's tougher than leather(abrasion wise) it's very breathable fashionable, with extra $ you can get the superb knee armor they offer and the best part is the warranty, they are the only motorcycle apparel company in the world that replaces a crashed jacket or pant if they can’t repair it ... FOR FREE.
I saw the repair warranty... I thought that was pretty cool... I just sent them an email to see if the standard tri-armor could be substituted for the quad-armor to reduce the pant cost.

I can't see myself needing two sets of armor unless I lose something out of a set. Unless I read the description wrong... the quad-armor replaces the tri-armor... so why pay 50.00 bucks for the tri-armor that I'll replace as soon as I get it and have it collect dust in my closet.

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #7
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy70 View Post
IMHO

I would stay away from mesh in pants, as well as jackets. A friend of mine kissed the pavement at the local race track here while entering the turn at a fairly low speed. The mesh pants tore like a paper towel in your hands. I would suggest leather, kevlar

Jay
Depends on the quality of gear. There are outstanding options out there in mesh protective gear. Teiz Motorsports, Motoport, REV'IT, Dianese, Held all make good mesh protective gear. The REV'IT Turbine, as one example, has woven ceramic in abrasion areas and dynex mesh (the good stuff that doesn't melt) in key spots for airflow, 1680D cordura in other bits, with good stitching to make sure it doesn't shred on impact. You have to pay for the good stuff, of course, but it is like anything else, it all depends on quality.

Link to original page on YouTube.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #8
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Quote:
Wow, that's awesome...I'm gonna make those my next pair of riding pants. And I like the way they look to. Although I would like to see what the blue color scheme looks like for these.

I see that they have a lot of awesome quality jackets but they don't look to stylish They kind of remind me of old man jackets lol. I want a sweet, vintage looking leather jacket

Old June 28th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #9
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
@James: For vintage leather jacket, take a look at the Teiz Vintage. Premium Analine leather, full set of removable CE armor, removable thermal lining and venting also. Really nice, modern feature set on vintage looking jacket. Price on Teiz stuff is unbeatable, too. If you don't like the style, Vanson Leathers also has some really stylish leather jackets for a reasonable price.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old June 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #10
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
@James: For vintage leather jacket, take a look at the Teiz Vintage. Premium Analine leather, full set of removable CE armor, removable thermal lining and venting also. Really nice, modern feature set on vintage looking jacket. Price on Teiz stuff is unbeatable, too. If you don't like the style, Vanson Leathers also has some really stylish leather jackets for a reasonable price.
Hmm, not partial to the look of the teiz. Maybe the word I was looking for was retro..like the old school retro racer look. Like the leather jackets with the racing stripes down one side. Vanson has some pretty awesome looking stuff, even if for a little more $$. I was looking at an alpinestars drifter leather jacket for $500. But I wouldn't mind spending more coin for a awesome quality leather jacket that I'm in love with. Any other recommendations or other companies that sell retro/vintage style jackets?

Old June 29th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #11
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Sounds like Vanson specs to me, then. They have a great reputation for heirloom quality stuff. Their best stuff that seems to fit your desired style is the Limited Edition Hailwood jackets. Hand crafted to fit you, definately old school. Expensive, but I can't imagine finding a better quality leather jacket.

Even their mass produced stuff (other than their gloves and I think chaps) is still hand made in the U.S. out of Fall River, Mass. Good company to support, imho.

Old June 29th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #12
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Sounds like Vanson specs to me, then. They have a great reputation for heirloom quality stuff. Their best stuff that seems to fit your desired style is the Limited Edition Hailwood jackets. Hand crafted to fit you, definately old school. Expensive, but I can't imagine finding a better quality leather jacket.

Even their mass produced stuff (other than their gloves and I think chaps) is still hand made in the U.S. out of Fall River, Mass. Good company to support, imho.
Awesome..I really like a lot of their stuff. Thanks for the info. I'm diggin those limited edition jackets but im not sure if they have armor so I emailed them. The other jacket that I really like is the cobra with the big red stars and vanson logo.
http://www.vansonleathers.com/prod-C...Star-326.aspx?

Old June 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #13
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
I really like that Cobra Star jacket. Their designers have it right, and combined with the quality of their stuff, I just love Vanson gear. (can you tell? ) Next time I live somewhere with seasons, a Vanson jacket will be my first purchase. Riding with a Vanson America jacket living overseas would be pretty cool.

Old June 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #14
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I really like that Cobra Star jacket. Their designers have it right, and combined with the quality of their stuff, I just love Vanson gear. (can you tell? ) Next time I live somewhere with seasons, a Vanson jacket will be my first purchase. Riding with a Vanson America jacket living overseas would be pretty cool.
Well those limited jackets don't have any armor...but that's ok after spending some time staring at all 3 of the jackets I think I like the cobra star jacket the most, which does have armor I could definitely see myself wearing that bad boy..it will become like an old friend lol. I've never owned a vanson piece but it does look and seem promising so my expectations are high..after the jacket I'll probably end up getting some vanson schwag like a hat or something haha

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #15
kaiserz

expensive. . .

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #16
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

could go hardcore and get a one piece suit...or on the other extreme some kevlar jeans with hip and knee pads
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #17
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichibunkid.206 View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm in need of suggestions for some riding pants... I currently have a set of over pants that I wear over my Levi's... But has the weather gets warmer, and sunnier the over pants are getting a bit warm for me.

My over pants are fabric, with protection CE armor in the knee area... So I guess I'm looking for a pair of riding pants that can be worn by themselves, with armor in at least the knees, and hip area....

I'd consider leather, or fabric, any and all suggestions are appreciated

Thanks
I strongly recommend some joe rockets! Mine were $200~ and have a removable liner also some zippers which opens up great airflow. They keep me cool and are very comfortable. Not sure what they are called, but either one of these are all the same idea,

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ding-Gear.aspx