ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old March 5th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #1
KrazyWalle
ninjette.org member

Name: oswaldo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Passion Red, Ca Model)

New Goodies!!

Going to have all my parts installed tommorow! . DR2 tires, All balls bearings, new Yoshi. steering stem nut, D.I.D VX2 chain, Vortex rear sprocket, Galfer wave rotor + pads. Super excited, she should ride super smooth after all that.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old March 5th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #2
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Congrats on the new toys! I love the new rotor.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #3
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Cool stuff! You're going to be rocking after you get it back. That's a lot of nice stuff to get put on. Make sure to post some pics.
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #4
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Sweet!

I'd suggest changing one thing at a time, ride, add the next upgrade, ride, rinse and repeat.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2014, 05:10 PM   #5
KrazyWalle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Sweet!

I'd suggest changing one thing at a time, ride, add the next upgrade, ride, rinse and repeat.
I'm going to have the dealer do it all at once. For lack of tools and stands, it's not cost effective but will save me time. Plus their going to come pick it up for free.

Old March 5th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #6
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Just curious...what's the dealer charging for all the work?

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2014, 06:05 PM   #7
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Very cool man, new parts are the best. Post back about how you like the new steering bearings, I'm thinking about them for my next mod.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2014, 07:13 PM   #8
flitecontrol
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): Rebel 250s, Ninja 250s VN750s (currently nine total)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
I'll bet it's more than the tools and stands would cost.
flitecontrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #9
KrazyWalle
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
I got quoted along time ago low $200 for just the bearings. I messed up and didn't get the bearings replace when they did the fork seals.. It's the same dealer that charged me $140 for doing a valve adjustment. See a trend here, I don't feel comfortable doing big jobs, for fear of messing something up. I tried swapping the tires once, ended up scratching the rim so I gave up. (I know rim protectors, didn't have any so tried cardboard didn't work) It also took me forever trying to figure which way all the wheel bearings and spacers went.. I am going to get a rear stand soon, for fear of the new rear tire not lasting..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
Very cool man, new parts are the best. Post back about how you like the new steering bearings, I'm thinking about them for my next mod.
I'll definitely post up a review on how the bike rides afterwards..

Old March 5th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #10
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyWalle View Post
I got quoted along time ago low $200 for just the bearings. I messed up and didn't get the bearings replace when they did the fork seals.. It's the same dealer that charged me $140 for doing a valve adjustment. See a trend here, I don't feel comfortable doing big jobs, for fear of messing something up. I tried swapping the tires once, ended up scratching the rim so I gave up. (I know rim protectors, didn't have any so tried cardboard didn't work) It also took me forever trying to figure which way all the wheel bearings and spacers went.. I am going to get a rear stand soon, for fear of the new rear tire not lasting..
Sounds like me!

While it'd be cheaper to do it yourself, my rule of thumb is: if you aren't confident in your ability to do it correctly, better off not doing it. Though, I'd still get a quote for the entire job. It might be so absurd that you'll seriously consider doing it all yourself. This forum has some extremely knowledgable members who are more than willing to help you out if you get stuck on something (see the thread above lol).

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #11
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

For the $30 each for front and rear stands you could easily do all the install work yourself. The tires are the only thing which you really need them to do for you. You can do tires yourself but I find it much simpler to just drop them off and have them all done and balanced later the same day. (no disrespect to anyone who does this yourself.) The rest of your parts are all bolt on stuff which will help you get familiar with your bike while making it awesome!

Well best of luck with what ever you decide to do. I know not everyone has desire, tools or skill to do their own repair/mod work. Make sure you post pics when all the work is done!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote