ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Notices

Old August 20th, 2020, 06:25 PM   #1
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

Recommendations for rear turn signals

The rear turn signals on my recently purchased 2010 250r are broken and held together with duct tape. These are the original (I think) turn signals with incandescent bulbs. I want to replace these with after market LED turn signals. The front turn signals have been replaced by the previous owner to flush mount LED’s. I’ve ordered a set of diodes for the turn signal indicator and the bike already has an electronic flasher.

I’m reaching out to the Ninja community to get ideas for which turn signals to buy. I found several old posts on this subject but the links on these no longer work. I am looking for bright turn signals (brighter than stock signals), at reasonable cost. If the turn signals can double as DRL’s that would be a bonus, but not a necessity. There are lots of turn signals on eBay but they provide no details on the type of LED’s used, lumen output, etc. Can some of you please share what turn signals you’ve purchased and how you like them? Thanks in advance.
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2020, 06:10 PM   #2
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Don't know what you consider to be reasonable cost, but I have these on my bike, front and rear. They'll sear the retinas of other drivers.

I've never seen aftermarket flush mounts that were worth a damn.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2020, 07:03 PM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
I've never seen aftermarket flush mounts that were worth a damn.
Yeah, me too! Only way I've gotten LED flush-mounts to work is get incandescent flush-mounts and replace bulbs with brightest LED bulbs I can find.

Such as these classic Lockhart-Philips flush-mounts.

Then find some +1000 lumens 1157 LED bulbs to install into them . Amazon - sample 1157 LED bulb. More like 1000 lumens, not 1700. I wire lower filament to headlight circuit to get constant-on marker-lights for more visibility (or use relay with single-filament bulb to turn them off to flash).

I've got set of factory turn-signals for cost of shipping if you'd like to have them!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; August 22nd, 2020 at 09:58 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2020, 06:15 PM   #4
Gearbox Paul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2007 CBR 125R (sold)

Thanks Ralgha. Those Traf-X turn signals look really good but I wasn’t planning on spending that much. I know, you get what you pay for but these are out of my price range. I’ll have to settle for cheaper ones. I”m curious, do you know the lumen output of these lights?
Gearbox Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 24th, 2020, 09:55 AM   #5
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox Paul View Post
Thanks Ralgha. Those Traf-X turn signals look really good but I wasn’t planning on spending that much. I know, you get what you pay for but these are out of my price range. I’ll have to settle for cheaper ones. I”m curious, do you know the lumen output of these lights?
Sorry, I don't know. They are very bright though.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote