ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 5th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Joshua95
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Problem with exhaust

Hi guys long story short I stumbled upon my ninja last week and found out that the exhaust bracket doesn't seems to fit quite right so I ordered a new bracket because I thought the previous owner put the wrong bracket I don't know. So the bracket just came today and its exactly the same size as the old bracket. I tried to put the new one on but it didn't fit. I know that I ordered the right bracket for the right exhaust so I must be doing something wrong here. The old bracket is the left one and the new one is on the right. I am no mechanical guy whatsoever so I really really have no idea, see if you guys can help me out. Here are some pictures and also the package comes with 2 springs??? what are those for? Thank you so much any help would be really appreciate it.

Joshua95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 12:08 PM   #2
CajunNinjaR
ninjette coonass

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250, 06 wr450f, x15 110, tiny 50

Same brackets I got with my Dan Moto as well, it will fit. Its just very very snug. Took me a busted knuckle and asking a friend to lend an extra hand to get it. Try running the bolt through both eyes of the bracket without going through the mount on the bike, and tightening it up to get it shaped up, then loosen it and see if its not a little easier to get on.
Posted via Mobile Device
CajunNinjaR is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 5th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #3
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
looks about right to me. Did hanger bracket come with rubber piece to go between the bracket and the exhaust to help protect finish of exhaust. If not you might want to make one out of hose or something. It's also not a big deal I suppose and might make fit a little to tight if it is already tight

Just put bracket around can until the two tabs with holes at the right angles at the ends line up. Smack the exhaust around until you get that hole to line up with the hanger hole on the passenger peg and screw it together.

2 springs? the ones that you hooked up in the pictures? or do you have 2 extra springs along with the springs in the pictures that help keep the can connected to the mid pipe?

Is there another section from the headers to the mid pipe that need the springs connected, sometimes this is the case as with my exhaust.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Joshua95
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Thanks for the heads up guys, I'm guessing that the only way I can fit the bracket is by straightening one end of the bracket?? because I have been rotating the can to get a right angle so that the bracket can meet eye to eye but never reach the foot peg hole. About the 2 springs I got these along with the new bracket, the one on the picture is from the previous owner and the new one seems a little longer.
Joshua95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 01:11 PM   #5
CajunNinjaR
ninjette coonass

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250, 06 wr450f, x15 110, tiny 50

I think I did have to flatten one side out a bit, I can look when I get home. Maby post some pics if your still in need. As far as the springs go my pipe also came with an extra set. I just used the ones that worked best/ held tightest without being too tight.
Posted via Mobile Device
CajunNinjaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Loosen the headers and any other HARD mount points that take away flex in the entire system. Once all the bolts are in their respective places, tighten everything down. Makes installing exhaust systems easier.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote